FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lifeonthego_k Apr 15, 18 1:58 am

Originally Posted by leavemebe (Post 29641661)

Remember to use with DBS card if you have, got +50% promo till the end of this year

Better to use UOB PPV as it qualifies for 4miles/dollar, as opposed to DBS Altitude, which is 1.5 miles/dollar + 50% bonus.

leavemebe Apr 15, 18 2:31 am

Good point. Also, Mileslife sometimes got promo that gives even better returns. Like now, thereís $1 = 2 miles top up bonus, with x 4 air miles promo bonus. When used together, base rate for dining expenses is up to 4 miles per dollar x 2 (due to top up bonus) x 4 (due to promo) = 32 miles per dollar. These promos are quite frequent now as the app developer is trying to build up user base.

plus sign up for free 1000 miles w promo code: FIRST1000 :)

MattHall Apr 15, 18 7:19 am

A
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but is there a Credit Card in the UK for Kris accrual? Becoming frustrated with QRís silent cost cutting and the increased requirements to spend my VS miles.
Thanks.

carrotjuice Apr 15, 18 11:18 am

Originally Posted by MattHall (Post 29642240)
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but is there a Credit Card in the UK for Kris accrual? Becoming frustrated with QRís silent cost cutting and the increased requirements to spend my VS miles.

I thought Citibank rationalised their rewards scheme to Thank You Points (the website, even though it may not have been branded as such for all cards in all countries) which allows miles transfer to a set range of FFPs including KF. Check with Citibank UK?

yosithezet Apr 26, 18 7:16 am

Finally Citibank Singapore has joined the Apple Pay world!

Citibank Singapore

4 Miles per SGD through 31 July 2018

w4rd Apr 26, 18 9:54 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 29685522)
Finally Citibank Singapore has joined the Apple Pay world!

Citibank Singapore

4 Miles per SGD through 31 July 2018

8mpd for the Ultima, Prestige and Rewards cards!

qsharp Apr 26, 18 11:31 am

Originally Posted by w4rd (Post 29686011)

T&C explicitly excludes foreign currency transactions though. I find that odd and a bit unfortunate/useless for me...

yosithezet Apr 26, 18 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by w4rd (Post 29686011)

Does IRAS accept them? ;)

elleana Apr 26, 18 10:22 pm

Was going to cancel my Prestige (annual fee due in May). Guess I might keep it around one more year, 8mpd is nuts.

qsharp Apr 27, 18 12:54 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 29688061)

Does IRAS accept them? ;)

I was dreaming about the same last night... Imagine IRAS accepting Apple Pay. Haha.

carrotjuice Apr 28, 18 3:51 am

Originally Posted by qsharp (Post 29686361)
T&C explicitly excludes foreign currency transactions though. I find that odd and a bit unfortunate/useless for me...

Read the terms carefully. Foreign currency is excluded for Premier Miles, Prestige and Ultima only - not for Rewards!

qsharp Apr 28, 18 8:27 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 29692405)

Read the terms carefully. Foreign currency is excluded for Premier Miles, Prestige and Ultima only - not for Rewards!

I did read it carefully. I do mean to use the Prestige, which I just did not mention.

carrotjuice Apr 28, 18 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by qsharp (Post 29692777)
I did read it carefully. I do mean to use the Prestige, which I just did not mention.

Just go sign up for an additional Rewards card if you plan to travel... :D

NetJets Germany Apr 28, 18 8:02 pm

So where do people see the biggest opportunities for this if spending is limited to SGD in Singapore at eligible merchants?

i take it the supermarkets like Cold Storage, Giant and Fairprice are excluded? How about Redmart?

To me, paying for flights on the SQ and CX apps could potentially look very interesting, unless there is a catch that has escaped my attention?

yosithezet Apr 28, 18 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany (Post 29694507)
i take it the supermarkets like Cold Storage, Giant and Fairprice are excluded? How about Redmart?

Which of the cards excludes groceries? Does that include Prime Now?