FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

Kerean Jul 15, 2016 12:42 am

I thought it was mentioned earlier that AMEX limited to $30?

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 26918677)
Don't quite understand why multiple topups are needed if with Top and Tap you can add $100 with 90c fee. Won't be that enough for ordinary Ezlink usage?

TTOTY Jul 15, 2016 7:40 pm

has everyone gotten their Citibank Expedia bonus miles for the Feb to Apr transaction?

I still have yet to receive my bonus miles for transaction in April :mad:

lcpteck Jul 16, 2016 1:10 am

Originally Posted by TTOTY (Post 26923202)
has everyone gotten their Citibank Expedia bonus miles for the Feb to Apr transaction?

I still have yet to receive my bonus miles for transaction in April :mad:

Yeah no issues for me, you should write in.

TTOTY Jul 16, 2016 9:06 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 26923889)
Yeah no issues for me, you should write in.

1st person whom I spoke to on 2/7 told me to wait till the statement date (12/7) which I find it strange as in the past the points come in regardless of the statement date

2nd person I spoke to on 12/7 didn't seem helpful and just say someone will call me within 3 working days and no one called

3rd person I spoke to today finally tell me that the billing was under KLM instead of Expedia hence no bonus miles were given (which was not true as the transaction was made via Expedia, which I entered via the Citibank link)

now waiting for their investigation :(

invisible Jul 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Kerean (Post 26919199)
I thought it was mentioned earlier that AMEX limited to $30?

It was not clear from the original message that only AMEX was in place. If so, app and NFC phone are your only options - top and tap does not work with AMEX.

Better to find somebody with NFC android phone and ask him/her to borrow for topup purposes.

Kerean Jul 17, 2016 4:02 am

Thanks for your clarification, it is appreciated!

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 26926822)
It was not clear from the original message that only AMEX was in place. If so, app and NFC phone are your only options - top and tap does not work with AMEX.

Better to find somebody with NFC android phone and ask him/her to borrow for topup purposes.

Kilian Zoll Jul 17, 2016 10:45 pm

Have ~$3,500 of overseas hotel expenditure coming up. Looking for advice in terms of where to book and which card to use so as to maximize mileage earn.

Have the following cards at the moment:
- UOB PRVI Miles MC
- UOB PPV
- Citibank Rewards Mastercard
- Amex Krisflyer Credit Card

I know there are a couple of promotions at the moment with Expedia (6x miles), but there's also the PRVI Miles + Kaligo promotion with 10x miles per $. Any other promos out there worth looking at?

laurent_rio Jul 17, 2016 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26931151)
Have ~$3,500 of overseas hotel expenditure coming up. Looking for advice in terms of where to book and which card to use so as to maximize mileage earn.

Have the following cards at the moment:
- UOB PRVI Miles MC
- UOB PPV
- Citibank Rewards Mastercard
- Amex Krisflyer Credit Card

I know there are a couple of promotions at the moment with Expedia (6x miles), but there's also the PRVI Miles + Kaligo promotion with 10x miles per $. Any other promos out there worth looking at?

if u have DBS Altitude also 8miles/$ for Spend > 2500 SGD at Expedia

lcpteck Jul 17, 2016 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by laurent_rio (Post 26931219)

Do take note that the >SGD2500 spend must be booked via the DBS referral link, in a single receipt/transaction, and is an 'expedia rate' (paid to Expedia instead of to hotel).

You would also need to register for the promotion beforehand.

Promotion details.

fatal1ty Jul 18, 2016 1:15 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 26909027)
P.S. Did anybody try to use non-SG cards with app to top up ezlink?

Specified on EZ-Link Terms and Conditions: Only Singapore-issued credit card will be accepted.

Personally tried foreign credit card and failed.:(

natbam Jul 18, 2016 9:25 am

Did the UOB Privi Amex stop awarding 3 miles to every $1 spent on SQ? I seem to have less miles than calculated and noted that it tallied to the SQ transactions. Also, on the UOB Privi website, they don't indicate the promotion like they did before?

hclee01 Jul 18, 2016 9:31 am

Originally Posted by natbam (Post 26933040)
Did the UOB Privi Amex stop awarding 3 miles to every $1 spent on SQ? I seem to have less miles than calculated and noted that it tallied to the SQ transactions. Also, on the UOB Privi website, they don't indicate the promotion like they did before?

I think that promotion has ended (if I am not mistaken). Currently, they are awarding 6 miles for S$1 spent on participating airlines (including SQ) if you book through Expedia website.

Details of the promotion can be found in their website:
http://uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/cards/...Miles_Card.pdf

http://uob.com.sg/personal/cards/cre...amex_card.html

Kilian Zoll Jul 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by laurent_rio (Post 26931219)

Don't have the DBS Altitude I'm afraid (in fact, I've applied for DBS cards twice and have been rejected both times for unknown reasons).

The Kaligo promotion guarantees 35k miles for $3,500 spend, but from experience their rates are slightly higher than elsewhere. It also doesn't allow "double dipping" (i.e. miles earn both through the website and the card separately).

Is there any promotion or other site that allows for a more favourable earn rate?

w4rd Jul 19, 2016 2:43 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26936076)
Don't have the DBS Altitude I'm afraid (in fact, I've applied for DBS cards twice and have been rejected both times for unknown reasons).

The Kaligo promotion guarantees 35k miles for $3,500 spend, but from experience their rates are slightly higher than elsewhere. It also doesn't allow "double dipping" (i.e. miles earn both through the website and the card separately).

Is there any promotion or other site that allows for a more favourable earn rate?

I understand that you wouldn't earn Hotel points on Kaligo bookings, but why not credit card points?

Kilian Zoll Jul 19, 2016 5:30 am

Originally Posted by w4rd (Post 26936820)
I understand that you wouldn't earn Hotel points on Kaligo bookings, but why not credit card points?

I'm specifically referring to the UOB PRVI Miles promo where you earn 10x miles with the card but no airline miles, as you have to choose the UOB instead of your FFP of choice.

Using a different card you can certainly earn both airline miles (by choosing your desired FFP) and credit card points, but your overall earn rate would likely be lower than with the UOB PRVI Miles card.