FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

Tyrhung Feb 23, 2016 12:46 am

UOB PP Amex (Dining)

Guys. FYI above title card is still available for sign up. Applied 2 weeks ago and received it yesterday

Kilian Zoll Feb 23, 2016 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Tyrhung (Post 26229955)
Guys. FYI above title card is still available for sign up. Applied 2 weeks ago and received it yesterday

Did you apply via SMS?

Tyrhung Feb 24, 2016 1:11 am

UOB PP Amex (Dining)

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26235126)
Did you apply via SMS?

Yup. Somehow the sms application is still open for the uob pp amex. It will come together with the mc version as well.

Kilian Zoll Feb 24, 2016 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Tyrhung (Post 26235368)
Yup. Somehow the sms application is still open for the uob pp amex. It will come together with the mc version as well.

Thanks. Sent SMSs both with my FIN and my passport number (wasn't sure against which my current UOB cards are registered), and got two confirmations ("card will be sent within 10 days pending approval"). Hopefully they won't send me two sets of cards...

ExSin Feb 24, 2016 4:15 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26235540)
Thanks. Sent SMSs both with my FIN and my passport number (wasn't sure against which my current UOB cards are registered), and got two confirmations ("card will be sent within 10 days pending approval"). Hopefully they won't send me two sets of cards...

Very tempting. I am still a bit sour at UOB about not honoring their promotion long back - so sour that I ain't tapping their 4x paywave either :(

Any other benefits of this card other than the miles?

Volasia Feb 24, 2016 4:39 am

Which card is this? I cannot find any such PP amex on their website.

Tyrhung Feb 24, 2016 4:46 am

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 26235748)
Very tempting. I am still a bit sour at UOB about not honoring their promotion long back - so sour that I ain't tapping their 4x paywave either :(

Any other benefits of this card other than the miles?

The reason for this card would be the 4miles per $ spent on dining. Exception will need to look up their tnc. Other than that would be 0.8miles per $ for other spending which most of other 30k min income card is 0.4. Please Correct me if I am wrong.

Tyrhung Feb 24, 2016 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 26235796)
Which card is this? I cannot find any such PP amex on their website.

F-S, yes apparently this and the mc variant was removed from their site. Hence the usual method of signing via online or phone (tried few months back) was no longer available. However I chance upon this site that said it's application is still open, but by the sms method.
It's found in milelion.com or you can also Google "milelion last call for uob preferred platinum amex".(thanks to aaron)

Kilian Zoll Feb 24, 2016 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Tyrhung (Post 26235812)
The reason for this card would be the 4miles per $ spent on dining. Exception will need to look up their tnc. Other than that would be 0.8miles per $ for other spending which most of other 30k min income card is 0.4. Please Correct me if I am wrong.

Isn't it 4 miles per overseas $ (technically only for 'shopping', but I don't know how they're meant to categorise unknown overseas retailers based on a line item on a cc statement) as well?

The 4x miles for dining is definitely the main benefit of this card though.

Tyrhung Feb 24, 2016 6:53 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26235968)
Isn't it 4 miles per overseas $ (technically only for 'shopping', but I don't know how they're meant to categorise unknown overseas retailers based on a line item on a cc statement) as well?

Nope. To cut it short It's 4miles per dollar spent on restaurant with the exception of hotel restaurant.
You can refer to milelion for more details.
The shopping card should be the Citibank rewards card.

Kilian Zoll Feb 24, 2016 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Tyrhung (Post 26236138)
Nope. To cut it short It's 4miles per dollar spent on restaurant with the exception of hotel restaurant.
You can refer to milelion for more details.
The shopping card should be the Citibank rewards card.

Got it. Does overseas dining count as well?

Tyrhung Feb 24, 2016 7:42 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26236222)
Got it. Does overseas dining count as well?

Yes if I remember correctly.

lcpteck Feb 24, 2016 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Tyrhung (Post 26235812)

That's right.

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26235968)

That would be the UOB Visa Signature for overseas $.

Originally Posted by Tyrhung (Post 26236322)
Yes if I remember correctly.

That's right.

Kilian Zoll Feb 24, 2016 5:26 pm

Going slightly of topic, but bear with me. Given that overseas diving counts, how does UOB determine what overseas transactions are actually at restaurants?

toothpick2 Feb 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26239206)
Going slightly of topic, but bear with me. Given that overseas diving counts, how does UOB determine what overseas transactions are actually at restaurants?

I also would like to confirm, if I am dinning ABROAD, is the UOB Preferred Platinum Amex? Thank you