FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

Volasia Jan 24, 16 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 26074892)
DBS Altitude still have. 3x points. $0.25 rebate for VISA.

http://ezlink.com.sg/ez-reload-auto-top-up#feerebate

3x points? you mean 1.2 miles per SGD?

vsepr Jan 24, 16 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 26074937)
3x points? you mean 1.2 miles per SGD?

Yes.

flo-e Jan 25, 16 2:46 am

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 26066938)
I too noticed points missing and asked on detailed breakdown - DBS rep yet to revert. Had done a few MasterPass transactions.

Same issue here, but I haven't called. Only keyed in the card # directly, not Masterpass.

flo-e Jan 25, 16 2:47 am

Originally Posted by TTOTY (Post 26053167)
anyone knows which card still award points for EZ reload?

have been using ANZ for years and now they want to discontinue it :(

I am using DBS Women's to top-up AMEX Imagine which has auto top-up activated. AFAIK DBS Women's awards points on Imagine which then subtracts the top-up from the card's balance.

Kilian Zoll Jan 26, 16 8:47 pm

I've seen recent reports in this thread about e-AXS transactions generating bonus points with the Citibank Rewards Mastercard. When inquiring about this card, Citibank told me they only offer it in a Visa version (i.e. cannot be used on e-AXS). Any thoughts?

carrotjuice Jan 27, 16 3:05 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26086918)
I've seen recent reports in this thread about e-AXS transactions generating bonus points with the Citibank Rewards Mastercard. When inquiring about this card, Citibank told me they only offer it in a Visa version (i.e. cannot be used on e-AXS). Any thoughts?

Not aware they have stopped issuing the MC version of the Rewards card.

vade Jan 27, 16 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26086918)

that's strange. i just applied and got both visa and mc versions. initially, they only sent me the visa version, then i called them and said i want the mc version, and they sent that to me too. this was only recently, in early january.

kt85 Jan 27, 16 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 26074986)
Yes.

So for DBS altitide, it is 1.2 miles for every dollar on ez-reload? That is 0.6 points ah?

Kilian Zoll Jan 28, 16 12:18 am

Originally Posted by vade (Post 26092604)
that's strange. i just applied and got both visa and mc versions. initially, they only sent me the visa version, then i called them and said i want the mc version, and they sent that to me too. this was only recently, in early january.

That's what I'll be doing as soon as I receive my Visa then. The MC is the attractive option since it can be used with e-AXS.

invisible Jan 29, 16 2:52 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 25970794)
Should have went for both my friend. :D Refer to my previous post.

Btw, it's 15x reward points or 6 miles or 5% cashback depending on which Citibank card you're using. I use Citibank PremierMiles Visa for the 6 miles since most of my 'miles' are in that Citibank Card.

Now with the latest Expedia Singapore promotion 10% off with DBS cards, I wonder if it would be possible to use the voucher code to get 10% off and then use Citi card for mile?

Volasia Jan 29, 16 8:50 am

Re. the UOB PRVI Amex. There is now a change on when the maxi cab limo ride is refunded:
"The Cash Rebate will be credited to the Card Account of the Principal Cardmember in respect of a Quarter within two months after the end of each Quarter"

Another improvement I guess...

lcpteck Jan 30, 16 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy (Post 26060604)
Would someone be able to remind me when are the miles credited for UOB priv and UOB PPV cards? I'm seeing some rather weird amounts...

UNI$ are credited once the transaction posts (usually).

lcpteck Jan 30, 16 12:07 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 26099357)
Now with the latest Expedia Singapore promotion 10% off with DBS cards, I wonder if it would be possible to use the voucher code to get 10% off and then use Citi card for mile?

I wonder if they have a some kind of mechanism that only allows DBS cards for the transaction. Give a try. ;)

invisible Jan 30, 16 4:56 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 26104370)
I wonder if they have a some kind of mechanism that only allows DBS cards for the transaction. Give a try. ;)

Well, the transaction went fine, with 10% off and it posted at citi as 'TRAVEL RESERVATION SIN PARISHOLM FR'.

Now need to check if 6miled/$ will be posted. BTW, when did they deposit miles?

vsepr Jan 30, 16 5:15 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 26099357)

You can click through Shopback to Expedia and use the promo code to get BOTH discount and cashback.

https://www.shopback.sg/