FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Nov 29, 14 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by worldrally (Post 23916718)
Its statement month for UOB Visa Sig

^^

elliotng Nov 30, 14 6:40 am

yeah i was referring to the UOB Visa Signature and hoping there aren't any exclusion items besides being foreign currency transactions and spending between 1 to 2k in the statement month

AddictedTraveller Nov 30, 14 7:18 pm

Hi all slowly been working through the credit card sign-up promotions in Singapore and I've finished this list if you're interested:

Best Credit Card Sign-Up Promotions for Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Miles

If you spot any I've missed that would be awesome to know!

planetshakers Nov 30, 14 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by elliotng (Post 23917689)
yeah i was referring to the UOB Visa Signature and hoping there aren't any exclusion items besides being foreign currency transactions and spending between 1 to 2k in the statement month

Yes, all foreign transactions count, but if the payment gateway is deemed to be in SIN but charged in overseas FX, you will only be awarded 1x UNI$.

Case in point - Paypal account opened in SIN with SIN address, use the Paypal account to pay foreign merchant and choose to pay in USD instead of Paypal auto-convert to SGD. You will only get 1x UNI$.

NO Paypal please if using this card. Learnt the hard way .

SQueeze Nov 30, 14 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by planetshakers (Post 23921185)
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliotng

Yes, all foreign transactions count, but if the payment gateway is deemed to be in SIN but charged in overseas FX, you will only be awarded 1x UNI$.

Case in point - Paypal account opened in SIN with SIN address, use the Paypal account to pay foreign merchant and choose to pay in USD instead of Paypal auto-convert to SGD. You will only get 1x UNI$.

NO Paypal please if using this card. Learnt the hard way .

Thanks for highlighting. I wouldn't have figured otherwise. Too much to track and analyze.

Does this apply to only visa signature or across the board like Prvimiles as well.

qwerty23 Dec 2, 14 3:03 am

citibank has a sms promo, 3 Citi Miles for every dollar spent overseas

www.citibank.com.sg/pmv3

demue Dec 2, 14 4:34 am

Originally Posted by qwerty23 (Post 23928061)
citibank has a sms promo, 3 Citi Miles for every dollar spent overseas

www.citibank.com.sg/pmv3

The T&Cs of this promo clearly talk about people signing up that may not be targeted and that those will not receive the 3 miles. So I would think that it is not meant for everyone. Having said that I registered my GF (from her phone of course) as the worst will be that she does not get the 3 miles and only the standard 2 miles. Of course no extra spend will be put on the card other than what is already planned anyways.

lcpteck Dec 2, 14 7:37 am

Similar targeted promo compared to mine at #3643.

But your minimum required spending per qualifying month is $5k compared to my $2k.

LuisHK Dec 2, 14 9:32 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 23928291)
The T&Cs of this promo clearly talk about people signing up that may not be targeted and that those will not receive the 3 miles. So I would think that it is not meant for everyone. Having said that I registered my GF (from her phone of course) as the worst will be that she does not get the 3 miles and only the standard 2 miles. Of course no extra spend will be put on the card other than what is already planned anyways.

I tried as well, but I received a note that the promo is for selected cardmembers only. So if you don't get similar message as i do, you're selected

lcpteck Dec 2, 14 9:35 am

Originally Posted by LuisHK (Post 23929347)
I tried as well, but I received a note that the promo is for selected cardmembers only. So if you don't get similar message as i do, you're selected

Actually that message is a generic one.

I was targeted but gets the same message as everybody else. :)

carrotjuice Dec 2, 14 4:42 pm

Now that EZ-Link has converted to a new website, can anyone get the EZ Top Up (part of Top and Tap) to work? Has something to do with the dreadful Java, where the Medium security setting has been eliminated in Java, thus need to be set at High or Very High, and the EZ-Link website needs to be added to the Exceptions List. But even after I added http://ezlink.com.sg into the Exceptions List, Java still refuses to load. Very frustrating. May just resort to EZ-Reload now just to avoid having to pull my hair out every time to contend with its Java website.

Life's too short.

FatLady Dec 2, 14 5:03 pm

I'm able to load java for top and tap.. but then again i'm using an older version of java cos i never bothered to update it :)

qwerty23 Dec 2, 14 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 23931983)
Now that EZ-Link has converted to a new website, can anyone get the EZ Top Up (part of Top and Tap) to work? Has something to do with the dreadful Java, where the Medium security setting has been eliminated in Java, thus need to be set at High or Very High, and the EZ-Link website needs to be added to the Exceptions List. But even after I added http://ezlink.com.sg into the Exceptions List, Java still refuses to load. Very frustrating. May just resort to EZ-Reload now just to avoid having to pull my hair out every time to contend with its Java website.

Life's too short.

mine's loading perfectly, on latest java ver 7 update 13. have you try updating or other browser?

lcpteck Dec 2, 14 9:38 pm

No issues with the Top and Tap via Java version 7 Update 71 on Windows 7 on Mozilla Firefox.

You must add the exception URL to Java and set your java security setting to Medium before you go to the website.

carrotjuice Dec 2, 14 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 23933297)
You must add the exception URL to Java and set your java security setting to Medium before you go to the website.

The new Java no longer has Medium. Only High and Very High - that's why the EZ-Link website asks that you include its URL into the Exceptions List. But for me even after doing all that, it fails to work.