FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

invisible Mar 14, 2016 7:25 am

Originally Posted by toothpick2 (Post 26328812)
yes according to milelion

No according to practical experience.

demue Mar 14, 2016 8:05 am

Haha, you are quite a funny one. For what it is worth, I'm not sure how wrong one can go when paying a delivery service with a credit card like the UOB PPV. My case in question was Foodmatters and the first time I charged it I checked with UOB afterwards and it counted for 10UNI$ as a Paypal transaction which is the only way that service accepts credit cards. Subsequent months the UNI$ balance looked off and UOB had not credited 10UNI$. Go figure, but hey we are talking UOB here.

Either way, as you are doubtless an experienced credit card optimizer and a smart and sharp cookie, you could start making this thread better and share what food delivery service you used that worked just fine for 10UNi$. Everyone can make claims and say the contributions by people here are poor, but maybe you want to add some actual value for a change and actually share some info that helps others instead of telling everyone actively posting here that we are kind of rubbish :D.

ExSin Mar 14, 2016 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Tyrhung (Post 26328747)
I believe that if you are currently holding to any of their credit card, the sms should be able to work if the format of the details sent is correct. If i am not wrong, the requirement is that you need to hold at least 1 credit card with them (so they have your income data etc), hence their backend is able to process. I might be wrong, but that's my thought on why only sms method work.

@ Staff - seems the sms method is applicable to only Singaporeans/PRs.

Instructions for a different card:
Apply via SMS for Singapore citizens and PRs
SMS <Yessignature>space<Last 4 digits of existing UOB Card>space<NRIC#> to 77862
For example: SMS Yessignature 7890 S1234567H to 77862.
Click here for the Terms & Conditions for Applying a Principal Card via SMS.

As bolded above, this card is not the dining card - this is the Visa Signature card with 4x payawave miles.

toothpick2 Mar 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 26330163)
Haha, you are quite a funny one. For what it is worth, I'm not sure how wrong one can go when paying a delivery service with a credit card like the UOB PPV. My case in question was Foodmatters and the first time I charged it I checked with UOB afterwards and it counted for 10UNI$ as a Paypal transaction which is the only way that service accepts credit cards. Subsequent months the UNI$ balance looked off and UOB had not credited 10UNI$. Go figure, but hey we are talking UOB here.

Either way, as you are doubtless an experienced credit card optimizer and a smart and sharp cookie, you could start making this thread better and share what food delivery service you used that worked just fine for 10UNi$. Everyone can make claims and say the contributions by people here are poor, but maybe you want to add some actual value for a change and actually share some info that helps others instead of telling everyone actively posting here that we are kind of rubbish :D.

The food delivery service I used was in fact Foodmatters. It used my UOB credit card and got 10UNI$ when ordering my meals. My favorite is the Lentil salad with curry vinaigrette. I have it twice a week, I recommend it.

You should call UOB and the Foodmatters to sort it out.

demue Mar 14, 2016 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by toothpick2 (Post 26332870)
The food delivery service I used was in fact Foodmatters. It used my UOB credit card and got 10UNI$ when ordering my meals. My favorite is the Lentil salad with curry vinaigrette. I have it twice a week, I recommend it.

You should call UOB and the Foodmatters to sort it out.

Well there you go. Thanks for sharing, see we are getting somewhere ;). Have you checked / tallied your monthly UNI$ balance? I can tell you only my experience and it was that the first month worked fine at 10UNI$ as verified with UOB CS and then the 2nd and 3rd month did not. No idea why as it was subscription (you know how it work if you use the service) and nothing changed, but of course neither did UOB know and the claimed this vendor, albeit being a Paypal transaction, did not qualify.

Now given the mixed bag that UOB Customer Service is I'm not surprised and argued my case as per T&Cs regarding Paypal (which are vague) and they did a "goodwill" adjustment for my 2nd and 3rd month and insisted that it will not qualify going forward. At that point, I switched the credit card for another month and since then have cancelled the service as the menu got boring after a while (yes lentil salad was good) and portion size was too varying for my taste, but I digress.

In the end, if it still works for you that is great and just shows that this is a tricky area to give definite answers. I think even UOB often does not know why some transactions posts as they do (10x or not), so time and effort to track and contest may not always be worth it to argue things out with them. YMMV

toothpick2 Mar 15, 2016 12:13 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 26333622)
Well there you go. Thanks for sharing, see we are getting somewhere ;). Have you checked / tallied your monthly UNI$ balance? I can tell you only my experience and it was that the first month worked fine at 10UNI$ as verified with UOB CS and then the 2nd and 3rd month did not. No idea why as it was subscription (you know how it work if you use the service) and nothing changed, but of course neither did UOB know and the claimed this vendor, albeit being a Paypal transaction, did not qualify.

Now given the mixed bag that UOB Customer Service is I'm not surprised and argued my case as per T&Cs regarding Paypal (which are vague) and they did a "goodwill" adjustment for my 2nd and 3rd month and insisted that it will not qualify going forward. At that point, I switched the credit card for another month and since then have cancelled the service as the menu got boring after a while (yes lentil salad was good) and portion size was too varying for my taste, but I digress.

In the end, if it still works for you that is great and just shows that this is a tricky area to give definite answers. I think even UOB often does not know why some transactions posts as they do (10x or not), so time and effort to track and contest may not always be worth it to argue things out with them. YMMV

I've been eating their food for 5 months already and all is fine.

yauee Mar 15, 2016 4:21 am

Originally Posted by toothpick2 (Post 26329342)
The quality of his posts far exceed the replies here. It's concise yet detailed. http://milelion.com/2016/03/12/milel...rd-guide-2016/

His posts are also reviewed by replies he gets which he updates.

BTW, I also paid a local food delivery service for a monthly meal subscription via Paypal and it qualified for 10UNI$ so you must have done something wrong.

heres another blog i like to read http://www.cheaponana.com/

Sound a bit defensive maybe I am wrong.

Please please please don't bring those drama from HWZ to here. Appreciate.

ExSin Mar 15, 2016 6:07 am

Originally Posted by yauee (Post 26334428)
Sound a bit defensive maybe I am wrong.

+1 ^

Lets do it the local way - no confrontations :P

lcpteck Mar 15, 2016 9:00 am

Never fear, I am here!

Waiting for my miles from UOB to transfer to Asia Miles (my DBS already transferred in 24 hours). Hopefully should be in this week so I can start planning my award redemption in business class SIN-IAD/DCA. This will be my first Oneworld redemption.

carrotjuice Mar 15, 2016 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by yauee (Post 26334428)

+1. For a regular on this thread, I've personally found nothing in the other blogs or sites that contribute insights beyond what already is discussed here in an intelligent, peer-minded and measured manner. May it stay that way.

carrotjuice Mar 15, 2016 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 26335462)
Waiting for my miles from UOB to transfer to Asia Miles (my DBS already transferred in 24 hours). Hopefully should be in this week...

AM transfers are typically 1-3 days longer than KF.

lcpteck Mar 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 26338066)
AM transfers are typically 1-3 days longer than KF.

How does does it take to KF?

demue Mar 15, 2016 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 26338659)

From UOB to KF? Haven't tried of late, but before it came in 3-4 days IIRC. It was slower than Citi (2 days), but faster than Maybank (7 days).

Good luck on those Asia Miles redemptions, I hope you'll find the availability you are looking for though I'm sure you have been monitoring it before pulling the trigger on the points transfers.

carrotjuice Mar 15, 2016 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 26338659)

You should check the other "Time taken to transfer to KF" thread...

lcpteck Mar 15, 2016 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 26339302)
From UOB to KF? Haven't tried of late, but before it came in 3-4 days IIRC. It was slower than Citi (2 days), but faster than Maybank (7 days).

Good luck on those Asia Miles redemptions, I hope you'll find the availability you are looking for though I'm sure you have been monitoring it before pulling the trigger on the points transfers.

Yeah, have been using the BA site looking here and there. Seems there are QR and CX availability so far. JL totally full.

Maybe there will be more seats open closer to my desired dates. I should confirm my dates first. Need to apply company leave and such as well.