FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

seahyile Feb 28, 2016 11:47 pm

Hello, need advice on the following payment:

NTUC Income Living policy renewal for 1 year which costs $2000+

Can I pay this amount using credit card through AXS online/AXS/Income online/DBS I banking?

Will I get 1.2miles/$1 if I use DBS Altitude or 4 miles/$1 for DBS WWMC? I know DBS WWMC explicitly states that no points will be awarded for AXS transactions?

Thanks

carrotjuice Feb 29, 2016 3:12 am

No more Citi Rebates at Dairy Farm group

Just received this email today:

Cessation of Citi Rebate At Dairy Farm Group

Effective 1 March 2016, earning and redemption of Citi Rebate at
Cold Storage, Market Place, Jasons, Giant and Guardian stores will cease. You may still earn and redeem your Citi Rebate at over 500 participating outlets.

Thanks, Citibank, for just a day's notice!

demue Feb 29, 2016 5:44 am

Hey at least you got a notification. I didn't receive anything until now and hold 2 Citi CCs. Go figure.

ExSin Feb 29, 2016 6:59 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 26259981)
Hey at least you got a notification. I didn't receive anything until now and hold 2 Citi CCs. Go figure.

I hold just one now - CPM. Got this mail 3-4 days back. Not able to trace it back in mailbox to confirm exact date.:rolleyes:

Edit: I was informed via sms on Friday morning. Pretty weird they inform folks differently.

ExSin Feb 29, 2016 7:03 am

Originally Posted by seahyile (Post 26259252)
Hello, need advice on the following payment:

NTUC Income Living policy renewal for 1 year which costs $2000+

Can I pay this amount using credit card through AXS online/AXS/Income online/DBS I banking?

Will I get 1.2miles/$1 if I use DBS Altitude or 4 miles/$1 for DBS WWMC? I know DBS WWMC explicitly states that no points will be awarded for AXS transactions?

Thanks

Pay online through NTUC website and get 4x on WWMC. I got mine in feb. This is how the txn looks like:
01 Jan 2016 || NTUC INCOME ECC || S$1,600.00

Savage25 Feb 29, 2016 7:04 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 26250369)
Which bank allows loan payment by another credit card? There is 2-2.5% CC processing fee, is not it? So the bank should eat that fee or pass it to the payer, right?

Citi Student Loans in the US allows payment by credit card via Paypal with no fees if you have an international address.

jasperyeung Feb 29, 2016 7:37 pm

i redeemed my citi rebates at Gaudian last night. it is really weird to receive the email last day for this new changes....

Awesom Andy Feb 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 26259662)
Thanks, Citibank, for just a day's notice!

Sounds like they were probably trying to negotiate, but still couldn't come up with an agreement at the expiry date of the previous contract.

seahyile Mar 1, 2016 4:10 am

Originally Posted by ExSin (Post 26260282)
Pay online through NTUC website and get 4x on WWMC. I got mine in feb. This is how the txn looks like:
01 Jan 2016 || NTUC INCOME ECC || S$1,600.00

Thanks for the heads up! Will try paying with WWMC once my statement cycle restarts to utilise the full $2000 4 miles/$1.

LuisHK Mar 2, 2016 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy (Post 26264545)
Sounds like they were probably trying to negotiate, but still couldn't come up with an agreement at the expiry date of the previous contract.

It was announced about a month ago, there have added this piece of information in their monthly statement as well.

I've highlighted this point in this very thread before as well...

Anyway the 2% rebate is gone, given that I'm still using CITI Dividend (I heard they are renaming this card next month), the only difference to me is I see no incentive going specifically to Dairy Farm group supermarkets. (and no, I don't go Sheng Siong)

invisible Mar 2, 2016 11:26 pm

Citi Rewards 10x limit

AFAIK, the limit for citi 10x point for their rewards card is 120K per year. Is there any restrictions how much of that 120K can be earned per month?

invisible Mar 2, 2016 11:39 pm

Citi and Expedia promotion

Does anybody know if citi will grant additional miles for a mixed carrier flight booked thru Expedia? Like TK+LH?

lcpteck Mar 3, 2016 12:01 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 26276057)
AFAIK, the limit for citi 10x point for their rewards card is 120K per year. Is there any restrictions how much of that 120K can be earned per month?

I don't see any info that mentions a monthly restriction. Guess it's only yearly.

lcpteck Mar 3, 2016 12:02 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 26276090)
Does anybody know if citi will grant additional miles for a mixed carrier flight booked thru Expedia? Like TK+LH?

Haven't experienced that scenario yet I'm afraid.

carrotjuice Mar 3, 2016 5:08 am

Originally Posted by invisible (Post 26276057)

No. I've charged the full $12K in the first month and got awarded the 120K Citi Rewards. It's now gathering dust in my drawer for the rest of the year. :D