FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Jul 2, 2016 10:56 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 26861306)
Doesn't the bonus get credited separately and later?

It usually credits immediately after the transaction posts.

kt85 Jul 2, 2016 2:20 pm

My Expedia bonus miles are in too

Volasia Jul 2, 2016 6:58 pm

Just read this in a straits times article:
"UOB has already lifted the $100 transaction limit for mobile contactless payments at its terminals. It now follows the card limit instead. Mr Seow said."

It was in the context of Apple Pay but if it applies to paywave as well that's good news. By the way is Apple Pay confirmed at 4miles/$ for the ppv?

Kilian Zoll Jul 2, 2016 7:04 pm

Can someone confirm UOB UNI$ get posted in bulk once a month? Checked uobrewards.com just now and my UNI$ balance is the same as it was a month ago...

Ghost07 Jul 2, 2016 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 26862964)
Just read this in a straits times article:
"UOB has already lifted the $100 transaction limit for mobile contactless payments at its terminals. It now follows the card limit instead. Mr Seow said."

It was in the context of Apple Pay but if it applies to paywave as well that's good news. By the way is Apple Pay confirmed at 4miles/$ for the ppv?

Yes, tested. PPV gets 4 miles/$ via Apple Pay

Ghost07 Jul 2, 2016 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26862975)
Can someone confirm UOB UNI$ get posted in bulk once a month? Checked uobrewards.com just now and my UNI$ balance is the same as it was a month ago...

You will be awarded with UNI$ once your transaction is posted. Not necessarily in monthly basis.

lcpteck Jul 2, 2016 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ghost07 (Post 26863247)

Anybody tried Samsung pay?

Kilian Zoll Jul 2, 2016 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Ghost07 (Post 26863249)
You will be awarded with UNI$ once your transaction is posted. Not necessarily in monthly basis.

I've had dozens of transactions amounting to several thousands of dollars (across both PRVI Miles and PPV) since I last checked my UNI$ balance-- but the balance remains the same since the 8th of June.

Volasia Jul 2, 2016 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ghost07 (Post 26863247)

Just curious, how do you test, since UOB doesn't itemise per transaction...

hclee01 Jul 2, 2016 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 26863502)
Just curious, how do you test, since UOB doesn't itemise per transaction...

I guess most of us will track manually via spreadsheet. I created a spreadsheet to track manually.

So far I have tested apple pay on various merchants and they do post 10X UNI$.

Kilian Zoll Jul 3, 2016 12:39 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26863462)
I've had dozens of transactions amounting to several thousands of dollars (across both PRVI Miles and PPV) since I last checked my UNI$ balance-- but the balance remains the same since the 8th of June.

An update on this. I called UOB Rewards and apparently the reason for the missing points is that they had deducted 6,000 UNI$ for the annual card fee. This is despite me applying for a fee waiver, which I thought was automatic anyway if you've spent above a certain amount, based on comments from this forum. My spend on the card exceeded $50k for the membership year and still no fee waiver-- go figure.

MilesBuzz Jul 3, 2016 1:28 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26863641)
An update on this. I called UOB Rewards and apparently the reason for the missing points is that they had deducted 6,000 UNI$ for the annual card fee. This is despite me applying for a fee waiver, which I thought was automatic anyway if you've spent above a certain amount, based on comments from this forum. My spend on the card exceeded $50k for the membership year and still no fee waiver-- go figure.

Yup, I got deducted 6,000 UNI$ for my UOB PRVI MasterCard and another 7,600 UNI$ for the UOB PRVI VisaCard (both applied last year and not a single cent on the VisaCard). I don't understand also why there's a difference in the amount of UNI$ deducted???

I think we have to call up the hotline to apply for the annual fee waiver. The UNI$ will eventually be reinstated back. However, it's a real hassle and I have 2 more cards (UOB PRVI AE & PPV) with annual fees that are due in August.

Kilian Zoll Jul 3, 2016 3:41 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 26863722)
Yup, I got deducted 6,000 UNI$ for my UOB PRVI MasterCard and another 7,600 UNI$ for the UOB PRVI VisaCard (both applied last year and not a single cent on the VisaCard). I don't understand also why there's a difference in the amount of UNI$ deducted???

I think we have to call up the hotline to apply for the annual fee waiver. The UNI$ will eventually be reinstated back. However, it's a real hassle and I have 2 more cards (UOB PRVI AE & PPV) with annual fees that are due in August.

The annoying part is that there is no way of keeping track of your points transactions, so who knows how many miles UOB have stolen off unsuspecting cardholders in lieu of the annual fee over the years. It's a scam, nothing less.

lcpteck Jul 3, 2016 7:04 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26863932)
The annoying part is that there is no way of keeping track of your points transactions, so who knows how many miles UOB have stolen off unsuspecting cardholders in lieu of the annual fee over the years. It's a scam, nothing less.

That's why we keep track manually.

Awesom Andy Jul 3, 2016 8:26 am

Originally Posted by MilesBuzz (Post 26863722)

Different cards have different number of points for renewal. I'm guessing it's done this way to, 1. make it harder for people to notice, and 2. it makes it very difficult for people to transfer all the points out and cancel the card if they didn't receive the fee waiver.

And for those testing Apple/Samsung Pay... my guess is that the contactless transaction method doesn't make a difference as the points are given based on the actual merchants. It would be exactly the same as whether you used contactless or not. If the card is for earning points specifically for contactless transactions, the same principle applies where the merchants have to quality AND the contactless methods used.