FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

ExSin Jan 21, 2016 11:12 am

Alternate is to load up Imagine and use it to topup ezlink.

by way of introduction - hello ! Hopefully will not just be lurking around since past so many years, instead - will post too!

Savage25 Jan 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Quick Singapore-specific question for you folks cause reading the HWZ forums is driving me nuts.

I'm going to make a S$ 7K cash topup to the CPF Special Account for a number of reasons. Has anyone figured out a way to earn miles for the topup?

As far as I can tell:
  • CPF e-cashier doesn't take credit cards.
  • AXS e-station doesn't offer CPF topups, so you have to go to a physical AXS machine to do this, which only accepts ATM card payments.

Am I missing anything?

kt85 Jan 21, 2016 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by TTOTY (Post 26053167)
anyone knows which card still award points for EZ reload?

have been using ANZ for years and now they want to discontinue it :(

U can still use Maybank horizon card.

miles per dollar is 0.4

pretty sh** but still better than nothing.

vsepr Jan 21, 2016 9:20 pm

Seems like DBS rewards points system cannot have negative balance.

I had 7 points yesterday and a refund of S$16.25 was posted today, should deduct 9 points. But my points balance today is 0.

Awesom Andy Jan 22, 2016 3:21 am

Would someone be able to remind me when are the miles credited for UOB priv and UOB PPV cards? I'm seeing some rather weird amounts...

leodrio Jan 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Rockmellon (Post 26026550)
Vsepr, I paid my Singtel bills using DBS woman's card in e-AXS in first week of Jan, and so far did not receive any points at all (not even 1X pt). I tried both Masterpass and keying in Mastercard CC # directly, and both didn't give any points. Not sure if this is still working at all? Have you tried any new payments recently?

Yeah same here. Not even a single point awarded and I also tried both Masterpass and direct MasterCard option on AXS. I'm trying MySam, but i doubt that awards points too.

waver99 Jan 22, 2016 11:43 pm

When I bought my air tickets (airfrance) via Expedia for the citibank promo, the airline themselves billed me for the transaction. Thus I did not get the points. Anyone else had this problem?

ExSin Jan 23, 2016 7:45 am

Originally Posted by leodrio (Post 26065111)
Yeah same here. Not even a single point awarded and I also tried both Masterpass and direct MasterCard option on AXS. I'm trying MySam, but i doubt that awards points too.

I too noticed points missing and asked on detailed breakdown - DBS rep yet to revert. Had done a few MasterPass transactions.

ExSin Jan 23, 2016 7:46 am

Originally Posted by waver99 (Post 26065884)
When I bought my air tickets (airfrance) via Expedia for the citibank promo, the airline themselves billed me for the transaction. Thus I did not get the points. Anyone else had this problem?

Could you pls clarify what happened - ?

I just purchased Expedia tickets eligible airline - and did not get OTP. TX posted after 2 days. Will I be in same soup?

AA_EXP09 Jan 23, 2016 9:53 am

No, because I have only bought tickets on carriers that don't participate anyhow (AA/UA/BA/EK/QF/LH/LX)
I did have one AY ticket that posted as XP

Tyrhung Jan 24, 2016 5:33 am

HSBC Revo for ez link top up

Originally Posted by kt85 (Post 26059464)
U can still use Maybank horizon card.

miles per dollar is 0.4

pretty sh** but still better than nothing.

What about the HSBC revo card? Thought it give bonus pts for ez link atu?

carrotjuice Jan 24, 2016 2:31 pm

I had a similar problem with AI. Seems airline-ticketed (as opposed to XP-ticketed) flights cause some tracking problem for Citibank that needs to be managed manually. Give Citiphone a call and email to them the relevant XP booking correspondences, and they would investigate and post the missing bonus usually in a couple of days.

vsepr Jan 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Tyrhung (Post 26071185)
What about the HSBC revo card? Thought it give bonus pts for ez link atu?

With effect from 1 November 2015, for Online Transactions which involve EZ-Link or Transitlink, 5x Rewards points are capped at 1,000 HSBC Rewards points per Account per calendar month (i.e. S$200 spend).

http://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2/personal/...and-conditions

I prefer to use 3.5x UOB PRVI AMEX because the points can combine with the 10x points earned from UOB PPV.

Volasia Jan 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 26054160)
http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...amex_card.html

UOB PRVI Miles American Express Card only.

VISA & MasterCard versions does not award UNI$ for EZ-Link/Transitlink transactions.

do you mean that DBS Altitude doesn't give any miles on Ezreload as well?
thanks.

vsepr Jan 24, 2016 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 26074863)
do you mean that DBS Altitude doesn't give any miles on Ezreload as well?
thanks.

DBS Altitude still have. 3x points. $0.25 rebate for VISA.

http://ezlink.com.sg/ez-reload-auto-top-up#feerebate