FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

LuisHK Nov 10, 2014 12:36 am

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 23817539)
I seriously though vespr was an ANZ employee...

I think most of us do!

percysmith Nov 10, 2014 1:00 am

Well we won't mind if ANZ came to HK and started giving the incumbents a run for their money.

ANZ HK recently had a roadshow near my office, offering wealth management accounts. I asked if they have or are planning to introduce credit cards in HK anytime soon and they said no.

lcpteck Nov 10, 2014 1:45 am

Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 23818060)
Well we won't mind if ANZ came to HK and started giving the incumbents a run for their money.

ANZ HK recently had a roadshow near my office, offering wealth management accounts. I asked if they have or are planning to introduce credit cards in HK anytime soon and they said no.

Maybe they're losing money on the CC front?

There isn't anything unique regarding ANZ CCs here in SIN. Only useful card I find at the moment is the ANZ Travel Card which gives me unlimited lounge access in their Veloce Lounge Network (though not extensive in Asia).

I still have 6x complimentary Priority Pass visits per year as a backup.

mingster23 Nov 11, 2014 6:54 am

Hi,

Does anyone know what the renewal gift/bonus is for the HSBC Visa Infinite in Singapore nowadays? Last year I had to fight hard to get 10,000 miles despite $50k spend. This year I've hit the $75k tier so I'm wondering whether it will be the same situation again. If anyone could share recent experiences it would be much appreciated. Thanks

mingster23

fern76 Nov 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by mingster23 (Post 23824730)
Hi,

Does anyone know what the renewal gift/bonus is for the HSBC Visa Infinite in Singapore nowadays? Last year I had to fight hard to get 10,000 miles despite $50k spend. This year I've hit the $75k tier so I'm wondering whether it will be the same situation again. If anyone could share recent experiences it would be much appreciated. Thanks

mingster23

I just cut up my card. They weren't going to give any bonuses for their annual fee. I'm taking my annual fee to citi prestige for their sign on bonus miles.

carrotjuice Nov 11, 2014 11:02 pm

For those of you who had topped up your Imagine Amex or M1 or FEVO card previously using the ANZ Visa, were the top up transactions counted as 'regular' spends that earned the 1.4 miles per S$1 too?

demue Nov 12, 2014 2:11 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 23813890)
I wonder what merchant category does Courts fall under. Challenger should as reported. If anybody tried Courts, please update spreadsheet, thanks.

Well sadly I have to report that Challenger Online does not earn 10UNI$ with UOB PPV, but the staggering amount of 2UNI$ instead. Autsch, I learned it the hard way. Oh well, gain some and loose some so moving on :D

It posts as if you had made the purchase in store. Anyways their "online" shop is quite a joke so in the future I'll head to the store and buy the items using my Citi PM Amex where I get 1.4mls per $ at least (you can't use Amex online though - go figure). If only UOB would publish a list online of qualifying merchants and update it regularly, but then that would mean they actually would be customer focused and know what they were doing. Haha, as if that is ever going to happen :)

I also use UOB PPV via Paywave at a place called 'The Sandwich Shop' (got a few outlets across the island) and that one does earn 10UNI$ as confirmed with UOB CS.

lcpteck Nov 12, 2014 6:45 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 23829672)
Well sadly I have to report that Challenger Online does not earn 10UNI$ with UOB PPV, but the staggering amount of 2UNI$ instead. Autsch, I learned it the hard way. Oh well, gain some and loose some so moving on :D

It posts as if you had made the purchase in store. Anyways their "online" shop is quite a joke so in the future I'll head to the store and buy the items using my Citi PM Amex where I get 1.4mls per $ at least (you can't use Amex online though - go figure). If only UOB would publish a list online of qualifying merchants and update it regularly, but then that would mean they actually would be customer focused and know what they were doing. Haha, as if that is ever going to happen :)

I also use UOB PPV via Paywave at a place called 'The Sandwich Shop' (got a few outlets across the island) and that one does earn 10UNI$ as confirmed with UOB CS.

Thanks, updated the spreadsheet regarding Challenger Online and The Sandwich Shop.

Why not use UOB PPV Paywave in Challenger? Doesn't that earn 10x?

benimaru17 Nov 12, 2014 9:15 am

Hi all,

does anyone knows how the 5% cash rebate/$10uni for every S$5 spent on foreign ccy actually works for UOB Visa Signature? Does it mean that in 1 single month, if I spend S$1000 in foreign ccy, that S$1k should be sufficient to earn $2000uni?

Quoted from the website:
Cardmembers will earn UNI$10 for every S$5 spent on transactions in foreign currencies, including online transactions in foreign currencies, which is equivalent to 5% cash rebate, subject to a minimum foreign currencies spend of S$1,000 per statement period.

http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...ture_card.html

jagmeets Nov 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 23829672)

Sorry should have reported that- the outlet across from my office accounted for a significant majority of my PPV spend...and, they should be thanking UOB for a lot of 'small' purchases that I made while buying my/team-mates' lunch to get over the sgd5 multiple mark!

SQ319 Nov 12, 2014 7:07 pm

What would be your go-to card at a merchant who does not accept amex or paywave and usually classify under "other spend" (ie. not dining, online, retail shopping, groceries, dept store etc).

Eg. Medical clinics, schools etc.

lcpteck Nov 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 23833662)
What would be your go-to card at a merchant who does not accept amex or paywave and usually classify under "other spend" (ie. not dining, online, retail shopping, groceries, dept store etc).

My secondary General Spending card is Citibank PremierMiles for 1.2miles/$ local spending. I use this card instead of my ANZ Travel cause it has a wider range of transfer partners since majority of the CCs in SG only transfers to KF/AM.

SQ319 Nov 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 23833772)
My secondary General Spending card is Citibank PremierMiles for 1.2miles/$ local spending. I use this card instead of my ANZ Travel cause it has a wider range of transfer partners since majority of the CCs in SG only transfers to KF/AM.

^^ Thanks for reminding me that I have the Citi Premiermiles card. I have it in my travel wallet, hence hardly use it...

Yeah, besides using the ANZ and maybe the Premiermiles, I can't think of any other card which is good for such "miscellaneous" expenses, which make up quite a large proportion of my yearly spend (yoga packages, dance classes, gym membership, spa etc).

demue Nov 12, 2014 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 23830415)
Why not use UOB PPV Paywave in Challenger? Doesn't that earn 10x?

When have you been the last time to a Challenger store? :) Apparently a while back they removed the Paywave terminals and installed Nets Flashpay so as far as I'm aware of you can't use Paywave at the stores.

Hence my hope that by buying "online" one would still qualify for the 10UNI$, but Challenger process these orders in-store incl. the charges and does not seem to have a separate MCC setup for the "online shop".

aster Nov 12, 2014 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by SQ319 (Post 23833662)

Depends on whether you are already maxing out the $2k each month (for 8k miles) on the DBS WWMC.