FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lcpteck Jul 5, 2016 1:21 am

Called in to ask for Annual Fee Waiver for my UOB Preferred Platinum Mastercard. They refused so I asked to cancel and return my 6000 UNI$ as I don't really use the card. They will cancel the card and reverse the UNI$ by next statement. Will check again....

Kilian Zoll Jul 5, 2016 2:11 am

Is there any reason the UNI$ balance on uobrewards.com wouldn't match that on your latest statement? I have a pretty big discrepancy which seems weird. Do points take a while to post?

SQ319 Jul 5, 2016 2:33 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 26871429)
Called in to ask for Annual Fee Waiver for my UOB Preferred Platinum Mastercard. They refused so I asked to cancel and return my 6000 UNI$ as I don't really use the card. They will cancel the card and reverse the UNI$ by next statement. Will check again....

Compared to PPVisa (10x Paywave and Online) and PPAmex (10x F&B), this PPMastercard pales in comparison...

ExSin Jul 5, 2016 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Fly-Swiss (Post 26867183)
Apple Pay is actually very fast. No need to activate the phone. Just wave it with your finger on the home button. Takes 2 seconds.

This is getting borderline OT but i want to disable that home button shortcut for Apple PaY

ExSin Jul 5, 2016 4:10 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 26864930)
Thanks!

All these years and I never knew!

Thanks from me too - I struggled last week to figure this out and gave it one more shot to find the "miles summary" page. Found it and I like it!

Ghost07 Jul 5, 2016 4:27 am

Originally Posted by staff (Post 26871523)
Is there any reason the UNI$ balance on uobrewards.com wouldn't match that on your latest statement? I have a pretty big discrepancy which seems weird. Do points take a while to post?

UOB rewards shows your point up to last post transaction, where your statement only shows the point up to the statement date.

Usually transactions take 1-3 days to post

Ghost07 Jul 5, 2016 4:31 am

I never use the preferred platinum master card before but always get annual fee waived. :D

But this card is useless, should cancel it.

carrotjuice Jul 5, 2016 4:48 am

Isn't this linked to the PPAmex that gives 4 miles per $1 for dining? I recall had to get both cards when all I wanted back then was the PPAmex.

Does cancelling the PPMC inadvertently cancel the PPAmex also?

lcpteck Jul 5, 2016 11:58 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 26871790)
Isn't this linked to the PPAmex that gives 4 miles per $1 for dining? I recall had to get both cards when all I wanted back then was the PPAmex.

Does cancelling the PPMC inadvertently cancel the PPAmex also?

Oh sorry, I meant the PRVI Miles Mastercard... I did cancel the Preferred Platinum Mastercard a long time ago and still retained my Preferred Platinum Amex.

carrotjuice Jul 5, 2016 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 26873658)
Oh sorry, I meant the PRVI Miles Mastercard... I did cancel the Preferred Platinum Mastercard a long time ago and still retained my Preferred Platinum Amex.

Great. Am going to cancel mine too. The PPMC has never been used... gathering dust in a bottom drawer.

Ghost07 Jul 5, 2016 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 26873658)

I just call to cancel Preferred Platinum Mastercard, UOB does not allow me to cancel. They say the card is link to my Preferred Platinum Amex. Once I cancel the Mastercard, the Amex card will be cancel together.

lcpteck Jul 5, 2016 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 26875067)
Great. Am going to cancel mine too. The PPMC has never been used... gathering dust in a bottom drawer.

Originally Posted by Ghost07 (Post 26875807)
I just call to cancel Preferred Platinum Mastercard, UOB does not allow me to cancel. They say the card is link to my Preferred Platinum Amex. Once I cancel the Mastercard, the Amex card will be cancel together.

I cancelled mine back a few years ago, maybe policy has changed.

MilesBuzz Jul 6, 2016 8:23 am

They did the same to me too for the UOB PRVI Visa Card. So, I decided to cancel the card and the reply was the same: the 7,600 UNI$ will be reinstated to my account.

demue Jul 6, 2016 9:38 am

I checked for my PPV and given I had drawn down my points they deducted 192$. Went through the IVRS maze and waiver was approved on the spot. Hassle still.

SingaporeDon Jul 6, 2016 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Ghost07 (Post 26875807)

And just a reminder, I understand they have stopped issuing the PP AMEX with 4 miles per $ for dining, so if you have one better hang on to it