FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

spk307 Jul 4, 18 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 29834878)
Interesting problem I have. Was planning to spend a whopping US$30,000 on TheRealReal. It accepts Apple Pay. But I also know from previous purchases that it awards 10X on my Citi Rewards card. So unlikely to be awarded 20X under current Apple Pay promo.

If I use the same Citi Rewards card via Apple Pay, will it still give me 10X rewards without cap?

Or will it cap me at 1X rewards since I have spent close to S$12,000 already this membership year? If so, what’s the best alternative card to use?

If you have exceeded 12k on the visa version, you can apply for the MasterCard version and spend another 12k on 10x merchants.

elleana Jul 23, 18 12:53 am

Saw an ad in today's papers for the BOC World Elite Mastercard - awesome earn rates (2mpd on local spend, 5(!!!)mpd on overseas spend til 31 Dec 2018). Anyone hold a BOC-issued card and whats your experience with them?

carrotjuice Jul 24, 18 2:32 am

Originally Posted by elleana (Post 30002814)
Saw an ad in today's papers for the BOC World Elite Mastercard - awesome earn rates (2mpd on local spend, 5(!!!)mpd on overseas spend til 31 Dec 2018). Anyone hold a BOC-issued card and whats your experience with them?

Terrible. They are very slow in approving the card - my last experience was 4-5 weeks by which time I had lost patience and called them to cancel the application. A few days later the cards arrived, and I had to call them AGAIN to cancel. I get the impression they are a somewhat primitive bank that is mired in manual paper logged processes.

lifeonthego_k Jul 24, 18 10:15 am

Originally Posted by elleana (Post 30002814)

I had the BOC family card. No issue in applying. It did take BOC longer to process the application and issue the card, but whatever, I waited and got it. The BOC World Elite MC seems like a great miles earner. I'll gladly wait and just use another card till it arrives.

elleana Jul 24, 18 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 30006953)

Terrible. They are very slow in approving the card - my last experience was 4-5 weeks by which time I had lost patience and called them to cancel the application. A few days later the cards arrived, and I had to call them AGAIN to cancel. I get the impression they are a somewhat primitive bank that is mired in manual paper logged processes.

That was my fear. Ugh. Now to decide if dealing with all that is worth the insane earn rate.

Traflying Jul 24, 18 9:59 pm

Planning to make a 3-5k camera purchase from a store, any recommendation which card I should use, would Citi Rewards give the 10x?

hairhooks Jul 24, 18 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Traflying (Post 30010355)
Planning to make a 3-5k camera purchase from a store, any recommendation which card I should use, would Citi Rewards give the 10x?

if they have a contactless machine and allow you to make multiple payments (since theres supposedly a cap for contactless payments at 200 per transaction), you can earn 20x up till 31 July via applepay, provided the purchase is not made at a department store.

if youre buying the camera from a dept store you can earn 10x with citirewards

otherwise ocbc titanium might be your best bet for electronics

Green_eyes Aug 31, 18 8:35 am

Hello All, never flown Singapore and now looking for several possible flights to Asia. Also in need of a new credit card that will earn me the most KF miles. Please enlightend whats my best choice at this moment? Dear Husband has Amex plat but we never booked flights with memberhsiprewards points. Is it easy to redeem to Singapore fligthts in J?

aster Sep 7, 18 2:20 am

Redeeming in J is quite ok as long as you are redeeming just for one person. It can get tricky - and you will have to be flexible in terms of dates - if you want 2 biz seats on the same flights. But it certainly is possible and I have booked just redemptions for my parents on multiple occasions.

What's new in terms of KrisFlyer-accruing cards in Singapore? Anything stand out as the must-have card nowadays? :)

Traflying Dec 10, 18 7:56 pm

Anyone knows when do DBS WMMC points expire?

spk307 Dec 11, 18 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Traflying (Post 30521206)
Anyone knows when do DBS WMMC points expire?

one year from the month they were credited to dbs account.
technically, it’s at the end of the quarter when the 12 months are due.

Traflying Dec 11, 18 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by spk307 (Post 30524905)

one year from the month they were credited to dbs account.
technically, it’s at the end of the quarter when the 12 months are due.

Thank you! :D

aster Jan 7, 19 4:42 am

Anyone know exactly how UOB allocates points for spend using the UOB PRVI Amex card?

carrotjuice Jan 7, 19 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by aster (Post 30621365)
Anyone know exactly how UOB allocates points for spend using the UOB PRVI Amex card?

Just as I thought this thread was loooong dead!

Please clarify your question what is meant by “how UOB allocates points”?

aster Jan 7, 19 9:36 pm

I had to dig it out in fact - people don't like CCs any more? :)

My question referred to the exact way UOB calculates the number of points it gives you per transaction. Is it round-down to the nearest $5 and then multiply by 3.5?