FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

toothpick2 Jun 16, 2016 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 26786718)
No need to get so angry over this. If you are not happy, just go expedia or hotels.com make some free cancellation hotel bookings up to your credit limit. Once posted, redeem the points off, after that cancel the booking. DBS does not have negative points balance. If not enough points to offset the refunded transactions, it will not deduct any points...don't believe me? Try yourself....

haha this is a good idea. has anyone done this and got away with it? i'm sure many here have over $1,000,000 credit limit

demue Jun 17, 2016 12:22 am

Originally Posted by toothpick2 (Post 26789906)
i'm sure many here have over $1,000,000 credit limit

That would be quite a credit limit and one can get a Centurion card with that kind of disposable spend. Count me out ...

demue Jun 17, 2016 12:27 am

I checked my DBS points balance and for the May 2016 transactions I got full 10x bonus points (as expected). Next test in one month when the June bonus is supposed to hit.

spk307 Jun 17, 2016 7:52 am

same here. hope july 16th doesn't disappoint.

Awesom Andy Jun 17, 2016 12:17 pm

My billing cycle is on the 13th, and my annual fee is due in July as well. Depending on the points situation, I might send it straight to the abattoir instead of asking for a fee waiver.

tboons Jun 17, 2016 12:48 pm

I replied DBS.

All retail spending vs retail spending with excluding is a clear change of T&C as previous eligible transactions are not longer included. I told them either they honour the 30 days regulation or I will email to MAS. Has yet to hear from them ever since so I will contact MAS. The key issue is there is no email or letter to notify us of the change until I learnt from flyertalk.

tboons Jun 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Does top and tap includes top up to prepaid account?

tboons Jun 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Is top and tap consider as top up to prepaid account?

lcpteck Jun 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by tboons (Post 26793626)
Does top and tap includes top up to prepaid account?

No clue till we try.

ExSin Jun 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 26790765)
I checked my DBS points balance and for the May 2016 transactions I got full 10x bonus points (as expected). Next test in one month when the June bonus is supposed to hit.

Received my balance as expected.

Why do you say next one will be hit? Imagine reload ended in May, so wondering what opportunities exist that you're afraid will be hit in July.

vsepr Jun 17, 2016 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 26779972)
UOB PRVI Miles American Express Card

6 miles

For every S$1 spent on hotel and participating airline bookings at Expedia

http://www.uob.com.sg/assets/pdfs/ca...Miles_Card.pdf

During the period from 15 June 2016 to 31 December 2016 (the “Expedia Promotion Period”),
Cardmembers will earn UNI$15 for every S$5 spent (equivalent to 6 miles for every S$1
spent) at expedia.com.sg/prvimiles (“Expedia Booking Site”) for hotels, Expedia Participating
Airlines and packages. The rate of UNI$15 for every $5 spent comprises of prevailing
UNI$3.5 for every S$5 spent locally and additional UNI$11.5 for every S$5 spent at
expedia.com.sg/prvimiles.

The bonus UNI$11.5 for every S$5 spent is not posted once the charge is posted. Only the normal UNI$ rate is awarded. Tried and tested. Call UOB up and they say it will be credited within 2 months of the Charged date.

Don't know true or not...charge at your own risk. Prefer Citibank's promo although still need to wait for the bonus to be credited after a few months.

demue Jun 17, 2016 9:52 pm

As per DBS (see carrotjuice's posts) the T&Cs on the website were updated with "additional clarifications" on June 6. Hence, considering that all spending up to that day should certainly be eligible for full bonus points irregardless of the 30 days due notice period. If the 30 days notice is honored, it would be charges up to 6 Jul. YMMV.

Volasia Jun 17, 2016 10:30 pm

so if I try to summarise the discussion on EZ-reload. As of now the PRVI Amex is the only card giving any points and or cash back?

How about the following:
DBS Altitude?
Amex true cash back?
Any other card?

petertan72 Jun 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi all, im new here and would like some enlightenment on online shopping. I shop pretty much every month on overseas online retail site (at least 8k a mth ) and would like to your advice on the best way to clock miles.

Currently i have done my homework and it seems that citibank rewards and DBS women world will be the best. Both have $1/4miles but limited to 120k citipoints per annual for the citibank card and $2000 per month for DBS womens world.

Other than that, the best miles card will be DBS altitude and Citi premier miles for 2miles per 1$. I did not include UOB prvi card because their T&C states that online shopping on overseas site is categorized under local spending.

Hope to hear from the experts here. Thanks!

w4rd Jun 19, 2016 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by petertan72 (Post 26801612)
Hi all, im new here and would like some enlightenment on online shopping. I shop pretty much every month on overseas online retail site (at least 8k a mth ) and would like to your advice on the best way to clock miles.

Currently i have done my homework and it seems that citibank rewards and DBS women world will be the best. Both have $1/4miles but limited to 120k citipoints per annual for the citibank card and $2000 per month for DBS womens world.

Other than that, the best miles card will be DBS altitude and Citi premier miles for 2miles per 1$. I did not include UOB prvi card because their T&C states that online shopping on overseas site is categorized under local spending.

Hope to hear from the experts here. Thanks!

Sounds like good choices to me. A few thoughts:
Citi Rewards comes in two flavours; Visa and MC. Is the points cap shared or per card? I only have the MC version...
If you want another option Standard Chartered VI is offering unlimited 3miles/$ on foreign transactions for the rest of the year as long as you spend $2K/month.

Focusing on DBS and Citibank makes a lot of sense for ease of management and for when you want to extract your miles, though unfortunately its not possible to pool Citi points.