Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by selondoner
But their records should detail exactly how all those points had been legitimately gained!
They are a law to themselves. Heard of this happening a while ago so best to redeem ASAP or they close for no good reason except you havnt used your points?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
If anyone has any suggestions on ways I can take this any further with e-rewards I would be very grateful.
I would keep writing to them until they realise you are a "real" person taking surveys and that you care enough to keep insisting, that you've been accumulating all those points for a reason, etc. Hopefully you'll end up receiving something else other than all those nondescript e-mails they usually send.

Fortunately I didn't have too many points in my account but, for some reason, just before they closed it I received 2,000 points out of the blue... Really strange.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by josmon10
I would keep writing to them until they realise you are a "real" person taking surveys and that you care enough to keep insisting, that you've been accumulating all those points for a reason, etc. Hopefully you'll end up receiving something else other than all those nondescript e-mails they usually send.

Fortunately I didn't have too many points in my account but, for some reason, just before they closed it I received 2,000 points out of the blue... Really strange.
You probably took part in a diary survey some months back. It usually takes ages for the final reward to be given.

Last edited by goldencondor; Feb 15, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
E-rewards site own (?) - I haven't been able to open their sites for about 8-10 hours now.

When pinging the site, I get "Request timeout for icmp_seq nn" and "100.0% packet loss"

EDIT - nope, using an UK VPN server it works. Ouch
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: British Airways
My partner has had two proactive apologies over the past 4 days from e-rewards customer services regarding an inactive Avios account - each time stating that they are waiting for information from the review team. Perhaps they are a little overwhelmed with the number of Avios accounts that need to be sorted out!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Last few days ... UK account... get many invites, all empty, no surveys to complete ... anyone else noticing this?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by mirror74
Last few days ... UK account... get many invites, all empty, no surveys to complete ... anyone else noticing this?
No, but I did get more surveys yesterday than I probably got all last week. I keep hoping the drought has ended but I'm not holding my breath. 😠
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by josmon10

Thank you for your suggestion josmon10. When you say keep writing to them do you mean literally writing to their US head office or emailing their "member support"?
Funny you should mention receiving points out of the blue. On the day they initially reactivated my account they added a mysterious 15,000 'manual credit' to my account!
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Thank you for your suggestion josmon10. When you say keep writing to them do you mean literally writing to their US head office or emailing their "member support"?
I only know their member support one. Do you know any HQ e-mail addresses?

...because I may have to write to them. I have just received the same e-mail you got, word for word. And what I hate the most is this impersonal way to kick us out!

I didn't have too many points, so I may insist only once. It was great getting 2,000 avios per month, but the time spent completing surveys is precious too.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Had my e-rewards acct hacked somehow and points redeemed for a 50 itunes and 25 game stop e card on Feb 1st. Didn't notice it for a week as I was traveling, but fortunately after I contacted them they reinstated the points.

Password was changed and I never received email that anything was redeemed, while I kept getting the normal survey notices so my acct email was never changed, so not sure how they managed to hack or redeem the points or where it went.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Had my e-rewards acct hacked somehow and points redeemed for a 50 itunes and 25 game stop e card on Feb 1st. Didn't notice it for a week as I was traveling, but fortunately after I contacted them they reinstated the points.

Password was changed and I never received email that anything was redeemed, while I kept getting the normal survey notices so my acct email was never changed, so not sure how they managed to hack or redeem the points or where it went.
jeez, how many points did you have in your account? Remember lots have had their accounts terminated due to leaving a large balance so best to cash out in case.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
E-Rewards are Becoming Stingey

Lately, I'm getting E-Rewards emails offering surveys for $0.25 for 5 minutes. $2.00 for 10 minutes. $3.50 for 20 minutes. In the past I received $30.00 for 15 minutes. Aren't they aware that professionals won't do $0.25 surveys for 1 hour of time? This all started when they F'd up the Hilton redemption. These guys are done.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Tilly71
jeez, how many points did you have in your account? Remember lots have had their accounts terminated due to leaving a large balance so best to cash out in case.
I usually just redeem for Hertz points and on occasion some other ones to keep accounts active... so I normally have over 100 in the e-rewards dollars.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
HIlton Honors redemption

My recent Hilton redemption took five days. Not the almost-instant transaction but so much better than it has been.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: Southwest A-list & Companion Pass, Enterprise, Hilton, Wyndham, etc
Direct entry into surveys seems to be going extinct. Logging in within minutes, I get, "We apologize, but this survey has expired. Answer a few questions..." The statement is an obvious lie, which irritates the hell out of me. Why do big companies think it's so OK to lie to their customers? And completely obvious lies. It's just disgusting.
Counsellor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.