Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:09 pm

WARNING: Some SSI survey "invitations" read something like this:

You have an opportunity waiting!

Topic:Entertainment
Incentive:in e-Rewards® Currency
Length:5 minutes
You'll notice there is no incentive amount mentioned, nor is there a "participation" amount offered for trying but being disqualified. It does not appear this is an oversight!

The survey is called a "PopRewards" survey and (after the qualification questions) asks a lot of questions about your recent TV viewing, including what went on in the programs and the commercials (takes much more than 5 minutes, by the way). After the survey is over and you're congratulated for successfully completing the survey, there is nothing added to your total -- even days later. There is apparently no reward for taking the survey! (Well, they didn't promise any, did they?)
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:24 pm

I have reached the point where I'm simply not willing to answer qualifying surveys as a condition precedent to getting to surveys that award you credit in return for your responses. It use to be done on an occasional basis, and now it's totally in your face, almost all the time, repetitively. If that's the end of my participation in e-rewards, so be it; it has gotten to such an extreme balance, that it just no longer makes sense (to me).
Counsellor likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I get the Pop Rewards surveys to credit for cash or miles on Swagbucks and some of the single redemption sites like Opinion Rewards Club. But the Pop Rewards site is really flaky and seems to only get as far as selecting the tv shows maybe half the time.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: e-rewards
E-rewards UK unavailable surveys

Hello everyone

Last year for a few weeks I received daily many surveys, but when i clicked on the link , ALL of them would come up as 0% and a message :

Thank you for your interest in taking a survey!

Unfortunately there are no available surveys for you right now. Please try again later.
then it got back to normal, i could get to the surveys...

recently it started again to have the NO AVAILABLE survey

Does anyone know why this happens? cookies? using the same phone to do the surveys

I am sure this has happened to others.

any feedback would be great .

Cheers
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I'm not based in the UK, but frequently I can find a few more surveys by going back and clicking on previous e-mails. Doesn't make any sense, but it works.

ETA: and I may have found a decent alternative to e-Rewards- learned about it in a FaceBook feed. (Yes, Big Brother is alive and well.) So far I've completed enough Surveys to get 1,000 points; they're similar to the e-Rewards ones, many from the same survey companies. There's a delay of couple of weeks while they actually check your responses to see if your answers are credible and until then you can't see the rewards. I'm at that stage, having accumulated over 1,000 points with about 1/3 approved. I was waiting to see what the rewards actually are, and then found this review- basically a variety of $10 gift cards or $10 to PayPal for 1,000 in points, so well worth it. No invitation needed.

https://www.surveypolice.com/branded-surveys

Last edited by Athena53; Apr 13, 2019 at 2:35 pm
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Fake E-Rewards Surveys Lead to "Answer a [LOT OF] questions to find a new survey"

E-Rewards' emails claim to take survey, some range at a disgusting level of $0.25 for 5 Minutes, some better (should be $30.00 for 10 minutes like they were), but when ever we get these emails lately, once you go in, we're getting this BS: Answer a few questions to find a new survey. Well, there are not a few questions, there are A LOT and it's all BS. We had to fill out profiles when we started, so what is this garbage?

These Q's are really NOYBW: None of your Bee's Wax. Just see our profile from years ago, then get back to us. Really fake advertising from E-Rewards, annoying....no wait, it's AI, yeah that's it. Robo-hell.
Counsellor likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by goalie
Adding mine...

Redeemed on March 11 and the points posted yesterday (March 22)
Mine took 4 days (4 for the points to show in the account, 5 for the actual transaction to show on the activity).
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Spock Seat
E-Rewards' emails claim to take survey, some range at a disgusting level of $0.25 for 5 Minutes, some better (should be $30.00 for 10 minutes like they were), but when ever we get these emails lately, once you go in, we're getting this BS: Answer a few questions to find a new survey. Well, there are not a few questions, there are A LOT and it's all BS. We had to fill out profiles when we started, so what is this garbage?

These Q's are really NOYBW: None of your Bee's Wax. Just see our profile from years ago, then get back to us. Really fake advertising from E-Rewards, annoying....no wait, it's AI, yeah that's it. Robo-hell.
Just answer none of the above for every single one. I haven't seen any reduction in offered surveys from doing that.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:53 am

Is anyone getting just a blank screen after the screening questions?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Yes, I had survey mail that only goes to a blank page.
To be honest I don't expect much from e-rewards anymore
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bswiz
Just answer none of the above for every single one. I haven't seen any reduction in offered surveys from doing that.
Not a bad thought- if they can't get any new info they may stop doing it!

I waited to post this because I had ALMOST $100 in my account but now that I got it to $101 and redeemed $100 for AA miles I won't worry about putting a jinx on myself by posting this.

I'm racking up enough e-Reward points to get $100/month so. I alternate between Hilton points and AA miles, both of which I can use. I also hit up Starbucks for a $50 gift card ($145 in e-Rewards funny money) every 6 months if I can. Like everyone else here, I get my fair share of surveys that steal a lot of opinions/information before kicking you out. I've also cheerfully and honestly disqualified myself from surveys looking for people with specific health conditions, who are planning on buying a current model year car, who are passionate about beauty products, who smoke, etc.

I'm not sure why I'm not seeing the fall-off in decent surveys that many are. Maybe it's because I'm retired, so I have the time to complete a decent number of surveys. As noted earlier, I also go back and click on old e-mails and get directed to surveys even when the "Find a Survey" button is greyed out. Finally, I typically qualify for two types that seem to be very popular: financial services and social/political issues (for the latter they ask questions which indicate extent of community involvement and about whether you voted recently).

So, it's still not a bad deal for some of us "special snowflakes". I'll enjoy it while I can.
Counsellor likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:41 am

Anybody ever encountered "Internal error" message in red on the redemption page in your account? Won't allow me to redeem...
Old May 2, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Tilly71
Anybody ever encountered "Internal error" message in red on the redemption page in your account? Won't allow me to redeem...
Yes ... reported it nearly a month ago ... had 3 holding emails saying they had referred it to their IT department but not resolved so far.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by VikingRaider
Yes ... reported it nearly a month ago ... had 3 holding emails saying they had referred it to their IT department but not resolved so far.
So now we can't even redeem points, what a P**s poor company its turned into.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:58 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by LLIBERTO99
Hello everyone

Thank you for your interest in taking a survey!

Unfortunately there are no available surveys for you right now. Please try again later.
I am getting this message over and over again (5+ times). Any fixes?

I still get invitations to my email account...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.