Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Reply

Old Mar 8, 19, 6:10 am
  #3691  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
Has anyone else been receiving almost no surveys on the UK site for the past 2 weeks? One a day or less. Of the few I get, they're almost all SSI ones now too that give me an error when I try to do them.

The company really seems to be going to the dogs lately. Its a shame, it was a great way of earning some miles on the side for years.
jddbz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 19, 6:16 am
  #3692  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 603
Originally Posted by jddbz View Post
Has anyone else been receiving almost no surveys on the UK site for the past 2 weeks? One a day or less. Of the few I get, they're almost all SSI ones now too that give me an error when I try to do them.

The company really seems to be going to the dogs lately. Its a shame, it was a great way of earning some miles on the side for years.
Thats been happening to me for about two months now, I'm about to cash out on two accounts then I'm giving them a miss. Been a good 3-4 years of point collecting / vouchers but like they say, "everything comes to an end"..
Tilly71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 19, 6:23 am
  #3693  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
That seems to be a reasonable decision. Its barely worth logging in these days.

They must be hemorrhaging users, based on reports here and elsewhere. I can't help but wonder what their business strategy is.
jddbz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 19, 2:30 am
  #3694  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 603
Originally Posted by jddbz View Post
That seems to be a reasonable decision. Its barely worth logging in these days.

They must be hemorrhaging users, based on reports here and elsewhere. I can't help but wonder what their business strategy is.
Maybe they have finally introduced account tracking via IP address, in fairness im still running more than two accounts but over the last year lost six accounts in their culls.

Last edited by Tilly71; Mar 10, 19 at 12:43 am
Tilly71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 19, 8:38 am
  #3695  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: May 1998
Posts: 6,394
I haven't received an actual survey in weeks!

Lots of "invitations" (about two a day) saying to click on for a survey, but when you click there's no survey, just more irrelevant personal questions. They don't even bother adding the lie that the survey has closed. In those cases of false inducement, I just close the window.

Must be under new management, maybe simply trying to mine your personal data to sell.
Counsellor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 19, 5:50 am
  #3696  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: MCI
Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,846
Really getting annoyed with the 25-cent surveys (25 cents if you complete it, 25 cents in pity points). I started on one last night - the subject was the pneumonococcal pneumonia vaccine- and after going through the initial screening questions it went into several questions on what statements would be more effective in persuading me to be immunized. When I then got to the third of TWELVE screens asking me to choose the most effective and least effective among a group of statements, I shut the browser down.

I realize that I lost 25 cents and that they still got some actionable information, but I plan to close out of more of these when they ask too much. Another I did complete asked for text responses on a video commercial. Pretty sad that e-Rewards allows its clients to do this. I'm hoping that partially-completed surveys with early exits when the "reward" is the same as the pity points might send a message.

Last edited by Athena53; Yesterday at 12:59 pm
Athena53 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 2:25 pm
  #3697  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: too far from the airport
Posts: 3,267
It seems that none of the awards for the ssi surveys are posting now, or is it just me? The posting was usually delayed by a few minutes to an hour, but I now have partial and full credits from yesterday that are still missing... Anyone else experiencing this problem? This problem doesn’t seem to affect the old style surveys, which usually post immediately. But those are rather scarce these days...
honu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 2:28 pm
  #3698  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 408
Originally Posted by honu View Post
It seems that none of the awards for the ssi surveys are posting now, or is it just me? The posting was usually delayed by a few minutes to an hour, but I now have partial and full credits from yesterday that are still missing... Anyone else experiencing this problem? This problem doesn’t seem to affect the old style surveys, which usually post immediately. But those are rather scarce these days...
Yes, same here with my sons account. He has completed some 3-4 this morning, nothing posted.
mirror74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 5:57 pm
  #3699  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CNF
Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Posts: 2,038
same here, but there have been delays of a day or two before
neuromancer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 6:50 pm
  #3700  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: too far from the airport
Posts: 3,267
Talking

Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
same here, but there have been delays of a day or two before
true that. An excellent opportunity to take the weekend off and see what happens by Monday...
honu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 9:56 pm
  #3701  
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond
Posts: 33,698
Originally Posted by Counsellor View Post
I haven't received an actual survey in weeks!
Ditto here. I just need a few more dollars to get to $35 and transfer to Hertz points. Then I'm done with them until/unless there are reports that they've stopped this bait-and-switch data mining.
Counsellor likes this.
cblaisd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 19, 4:45 am
  #3702  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 408
Originally Posted by honu View Post

true that. An excellent opportunity to take the weekend off and see what happens by Monday...
Not much, apparently. Points still not posting.
mirror74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 19, 7:39 pm
  #3703  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: too far from the airport
Posts: 3,267
Well, I tried to see if things got fixed over the weekend. I had a few partial credits post on 3/15, probably less than a third of the ssi surveys I did, and all the older style ones - 3 in all, I think. No credit, partial or full, for any of the ssi surveys attempted or completed on 3/14, 3/16, 3/17. Delays in mileage posting, no credit for surveys... I wonder if e-Rewards is disappearing and these are the last sputters of a dying business...
honu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 19, 10:00 pm
  #3704  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: VPS
Programs: IHG Spire
Posts: 3,652
Originally Posted by honu View Post
Well, I tried to see if things got fixed over the weekend. I had a few partial credits post on 3/15, probably less than a third of the ssi surveys I did, and all the older style ones - 3 in all, I think. No credit, partial or full, for any of the ssi surveys attempted or completed on 3/14, 3/16, 3/17. Delays in mileage posting, no credit for surveys... I wonder if e-Rewards is disappearing and these are the last sputters of a dying business...
Their parent company sent me an invitation to a Hilton surveys-for-points platform on Friday and I still get pretty regular surveys on their Flying Blue site as well as the SSI surveys showing up and crediting properly on Swagbucks and MyPoints.

So I'd be inclined to say e-Rewards site-specific IT issues rather than problems with the company as a whole.
beachmouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 4:59 am
  #3705  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: too far from the airport
Posts: 3,267
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Their parent company sent me an invitation to a Hilton surveys-for-points platform on Friday and I still get pretty regular surveys on their Flying Blue site as well as the SSI surveys showing up and crediting properly on Swagbucks and Mypoints.
That would indeed point to a problem with e-rewards, as it’s exactly the SSI surveys that aren’t posting on their website. I hope it isn’t indicative of e-rewards going out of business...
honu is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread