Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 1:35 pm

Were you already credited in your Alaska account or did you just redeem from the Microsoft end?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 1:39 pm

I just came on to announce we are live again, but you guys beat me to it! Wow you are quick!

Has anyone tried the LSC toolbar yet? You can get up to 10 tickects a day for everyday searches.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by AirBorn Flyer
I just came on to announce we are live again, but you guys beat me to it! Wow you are quick!

Has anyone tried the LSC toolbar yet? You can get up to 10 tickects a day for everyday searches.
Hmmm. If someone tries it, please report back here. I'm kinda reluctant to add another toolbar to my computer. Everytime I've done that in the past I've hated the toolbar. I prefer the standard or google or something I'm familiar with.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 5:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, HH GLD
Cool More AA Miles

I turned in 4300 tickets yesterday for the 2500 AA miles. Says it'll take at least 19 days to make sure I've met all requirements.. I guess to make sure I wasn't a bot or what not.

FutureCEO1982
Old Jan 18, 2008, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Same here. I cashed out, and am very interested to see if they classify me as a bot. I went very quickly, so I fear what I have heard of them just deciding people are a bot and banning them. If so, it only cost me some movement in my mouse hand. ;-)
Old Jan 18, 2008, 7:09 pm

Wirelessly posted (Treo 650: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Originally Posted by edlin303
Same here. I cashed out, and am very interested to see if they classify me as a bot. I went very quickly, so I fear what I have heard of them just deciding people are a bot and banning them. If so, it only cost me some movement in my mouse hand. ;-)
I have not received a shipping confirmation email on the headphones I ordered. I went through Chicktionary pretty quickly so I am in the same situation that you're in.

If the headphones ship I'll see about getting more tickets for miles. If not, no need to give MS the search revenue.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:00 am
Original Poster

New Message Received...

I redeemed for my 2nd 2500 reward today and went to play again (not much else going on today) and got the following message: Congratulations! You have reached the daily ticket limit. Return tomorrow to win more, or redeem your tickets in the prize mall.

This must be the "fix" that Microsoft put in to curtail frauds. I have played by the book, but for the most part only play flexicon for the maximum number of points at a time. I wish I had known this was going to happen, then I could have looked at the number of points I won today and knew what the "max" was.

Just a word of caution....
Old Jan 21, 2008, 1:25 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I have to admit, I've been playing Flexicon a lot as well. It's to the point where the same words come up over and over. I can finish all of the puzzles in less than 4 minutes each.

I do them while watching TV and so far have earned one 1,000 Delta award (tops off an inactive account) and one 1,000 Alaska award. ^

Confirmation email has been received both times. Now I need to be patient and see if the miles post.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Confirmation email has been received both times. Now I need to be patient and see if the miles post.
Same here. Sure would be nice if a FTer were to post that they have received their miles. I'll feel a lot better.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by BigDog
The jury is still out on this one. I redeemed for AA miles back in November and I'm still waiting for them to hit my account. If it is reliable, this will be a nice way to keep an account active as there are several airline options.
I just noticed this from early in the thread. Looks like we shouldn't be expecting much of a rush, unless BigDog was judged to be a bot and is not getting miles at all.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abezebabe
I redeemed for my 2nd 2500 reward today and went to play again (not much else going on today) and got the following message: Congratulations! You have reached the daily ticket limit. Return tomorrow to win more, or redeem your tickets in the prize mall.

This must be the "fix" that Microsoft put in to curtail frauds. I have played by the book, but for the most part only play flexicon for the maximum number of points at a time. I wish I had known this was going to happen, then I could have looked at the number of points I won today and knew what the "max" was.

Just a word of caution....
You can go play another game, then come back to Flexicon. At least I was able to the one time that I received that message. This also works if you've solved all the Flexicon puzzles, but maybe it's that they just add them continually.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
You can go play another game, then come back to Flexicon. At least I was able to the one time that I received that message. This also works if you've solved all the Flexicon puzzles, but maybe it's that they just add them continually.
Believe it or not, I tried that. It's not a big deal though. I probably needed to move on .
Old Jan 23, 2008, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
Same here. Sure would be nice if a FTer were to post that they have received their miles. I'll feel a lot better.
I'm due to receive 100 AA miles this Friday. I'll post an update then.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I redeemed for my 2nd 2500 reward today
I'm wondering how much time this took you. I can play Flexicon at a rate of about 10 games per hour - including all the in-between stuff like saving points, retrieving, loading. Since I rarely have to do a search, I think that's about my own personal limit. At 25 points per game, that's 250 points per hour. For each 2500 miles one needs 4300 points - which would take me about 17 hours. So it would take me about 34-35 hours of playing Flexicon to get two 2500 mile awards. I'm at about 2800 points and I'm getting pretty tired of it.

Another calculation - if we use 2 cents/mile for the value of miles, that's $50 for 2500 miles. If I take 17 hours to earn $50, that's about $3/hour.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Of course if you are playing on the laptop while "Watching" tv, you are getting paid $3 an hour for time you would be getting nothing for normally. Also if you are keeping other accounts alive with miles I figure it is a no cost way to accomplish that without having to shop, dine, or fly.

JudyJFLA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.