Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2008, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Winglets747
For those on Firefox, definitely add the (free) User Agent Switcher:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59

From the Tools menu in FF you can select what browser FF displays itself as to other sites. Whenever I get a message saying only IE is supported for a site, I just select the IE option in the menu and continue on my way. I've never had it not work. ^
I'm using Firefox and I've never had a problem accessing the site.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by edlin303
In any event, I put in a help request to see what is going on. Glad I at least got 1k US that went through. Hopefully they don't think I'm a bot.
Please let us know what they say. I tried to redeem yesterday and received the same "we're sorry we cannot process your request".
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Well, I wonder if this thing is dead. I can't get the home page to load. It just defaults to My msn home page. Hmmmm.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
abezebabe----

It does that for me from time to time - sometimes I just have to wait a while (like an hour or three), sometimes if I do a Google search for it I can find a link that will work, and sometimes clicking on the link in message #1 is the charm. Just a minute ago it redirected me to MSN so I tried the OP's link and it worked.

Pretty frustrating.....
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by susaboo
abezebabe----

It does that for me from time to time - sometimes I just have to wait a while (like an hour or three), sometimes if I do a Google search for it I can find a link that will work, and sometimes clicking on the link in message #1 is the charm. Just a minute ago it redirected me to MSN so I tried the OP's link and it worked.

Pretty frustrating.....
Same for me over the past few days. I usually just go to games page to sign in:

http://club.live.com/all_games.aspx
Old Jan 13, 2008, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Still not able to redeem for miles. I sent a message to the help desk. Microsoft then sent me an auto-reply email, which gave a list of FAQ's and said that if you did not see the answer, reply to the email they sent, which I did. I encourage everyone to email them.

Mike
Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:52 pm

I'm tempted to spend 1500 tickets on the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 Headset since I don't have a headset for use with the computer yet. But that's another 75 games of Chicktionary to play to make it up..
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:08 am

a little digging reveals a few common issues with the site:
  • it's been around at least a year and a half, and many people have claimed to receive their prizes
  • the site was taken offline for a while, and brought back in nov 2007
  • ff miles were first added with the recent relaunch
  • historical complaints usually focus on msn's aggressive but arbitrary approach to what it deems cheaters. while ostensibly designed to prevent bots from automatically accruing tickets, the system catches many legitimate users. making matters worse, alleged cheaters are not alerted until after they try to redeem tickets; many are not alerted at all. msn provides no feedback, explanation, or recourse for users deemed 'cheaters.'
  • i was not able to find any references online to the problems reported in this topic ('we cannot process your request').
Old Jan 14, 2008, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by crabbing
a little digging reveals a few common issues with the site:
  • it's been around at least a year and a half, and many people have claimed to receive their prizes
  • the site was taken offline for a while, and brought back in nov 2007
  • ff miles were first added with the recent relaunch
  • historical complaints usually focus on msn's aggressive but arbitrary approach to what it deems cheaters. while ostensibly designed to prevent bots from automatically accruing tickets, the system catches many legitimate users. making matters worse, alleged cheaters are not alerted until after they try to redeem tickets; many are not alerted at all. msn provides no feedback, explanation, or recourse for users deemed 'cheaters.'
  • i was not able to find any references online to the problems reported in this topic ('we cannot process your request').
To give you a little history, when LiveSearchClub first started, Microsoft had no failsafe for botting. Two very large, very tech savvy internet forums found this out and had a field day. It took about a week before MS got wise and basically closed all of the current accounts without warning.

What we think they do now to prevent botting is basically look at the amount of time it takes you to solve a puzzle. If you're faster than what MS has put in place, then they flag your account and you're SOL.

If you're account gets flagged, then you're done. No prizes will be sent, no emails will be returned, etc. It is, however, legitimate. Many people have received prizes. Of course, many honest players have been flagged as well.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
All very interesting. I guess at this point I will just wait n see. I had not tried any of the suggestions on using anagram dictionaries etc, and was playing the old fashioned way. Yesterday, I could not sign in at all from home. I was successful in signing in at work today, but I can't play from here, so I will try my desktop at home instead of my laptop. I have no idea, and maybe it was just something going on yesterday. I have redeemed for US points, and now have another 900+ pts, so I will keep slogging away with the hopes of actually getting something in return. My account is still active, so...
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:49 am

I'm testing the waters. I put in an order for the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 Headset. I got a confirmation number for the order and the confirmation screen tells me that: Rewards will be delivered within approximately 12 weeks from the date redemption request is fully processed, unless otherwise stated
Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:56 pm

Live Search Club Error

Folks,

I work for AirIncentives that is powering the Live Search Club mileage redemptions. The Airline Redemptions are temporarily down. They should be back up in a day or two. I will post again once they are live.

I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by AirBorn Flyer
Folks,

I work for AirIncentives that is powering the Live Search Club mileage redemptions. The Airline Redemptions are temporarily down. They should be back up in a day or two. I will post again once they are live.

I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.
Wow, thanks for stopping in with that info. I can't wait for them to re-appear. Any information about average processing time we should expect? Since they're a new option, I'm sure we're all dying to know.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by edlin303
Wow, thanks for stopping in with that info. I can't wait for them to re-appear. Any information about average processing time we should expect? Since they're a new option, I'm sure we're all dying to know.
Between 15-20 days depending on the airline that you choose. The delay is to screen for fraud.

As a word to the wise...most people that use anagram solvers will be weeded out as cheaters...
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by AirBorn Flyer
Between 15-20 days depending on the airline that you choose. The delay is to screen for fraud.

As a word to the wise...most people that use anagram solvers will be weeded out as cheaters...
Thanks for being candid Airborn Flyer. Can you specify where in Microsoft's Terms and Conditions that it specifies that using an anagram solver is against the rules?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.