Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2008, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by flyingstudent
Too much time for too little.
A couple hours at work playing Flexicon, earning enough 'tickets' to extend the expiration of one of my FF accts - Priceless!!
Old Jan 9, 2008, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't play games as a rule (because I'm terrible at games), but I will for a cause/miles.

Thanks to the OP for a great find. ^
Old Jan 9, 2008, 3:09 am

Programs: AA, Delta, IcelandAir, Starbucks
Thanks OP. I played a lot one night to see how far I could get. Around 1100 I got a message saying I had earned the maximum amount for the day. I couldn't spend that much time reaching it again, but it was nice to know the limit.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 8:13 am

Well, redeemed for 100 miles for one of my wife's account to keep miles from expiring. Said it would take 17 days. Today is the 9th so on the 26th we will see if miles actually post
Old Jan 9, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mapsmith
Well, redeemed for 100 miles for one of my wife's account to keep miles from expiring. Said it would take 17 days. Today is the 9th so on the 26th we will see if miles actually post
Keep in mind it's 17 days from the time Microsoft declares your account to be legit and bot-free. No telling how long that will be.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got 1800 tickets to get 1000 Delta miles, which will put me over 25K. Thanks to OP if this works out. Now I'll go for some Alaska Air miles, then some AA miles, if I don't get too bored with it. But so far it's been way more fun than keying in Coke cap numbers and then hoping a travel award appears on the MCR site long enough to cash in.
Old Jan 10, 2008, 9:44 pm

Well, I spent an embarrasingly large amount of late evening hours playing crosswire. I finally got to 4300 points and tried to redeem them for 2500 AA miles. I got a message saying: "We're sorry; we are unable to process your request."
So then I tried the 1000 miles and got the same message. Hopefully just a glitch that might get fixed.

As a side note, I also noticed that the games had fewer or no glitches if I used MS Internet Explorer instead of my normal Mozilla Firefox browser (not all that surprising really)
Old Jan 10, 2008, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
both my dad and myself tried redeeming 1,000 miles and were unable to do so (same message as joporto). I'm guessing they had only XXX amount of miles to give away, and FTers have already used 'em up. Don't underestimate FTers!
Old Jan 10, 2008, 10:43 pm

I tested out pulling up the anagram generator on one screen with livesearch on another. If you enter words very rapidly (>100wpm) it will pop up some of the photo boxes after about 10 words or so. Hopefully this won't get my account flagged..
Old Jan 10, 2008, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by majikTib
both my dad and myself tried redeeming 1,000 miles and were unable to do so (same message as joporto). I'm guessing they had only XXX amount of miles to give away, and FTers have already used 'em up. Don't underestimate FTers!
I really hope that isn't the case. I'm quite close to 4300 now. Will press on and have it done soon.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:19 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I can't redeem for 100 or 500 Alaska miles either

JudyJFLA
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:42 am

Here is the pertinent part of the auto response I received from customer service when I asked them about it:

Q7: What happens if I get a processing error?

A: You have a couple of choices:

1. Try to process it again by clicking the “Process It!” button on the order error screen.

i. If you continue to get a processing error then the recommendation would be to come back and try submitting your order at a later time.

2. You can walk away from the order and play more games, by clicking the “Play Games!” button. Click of this will direct the user to the home page where they can select a game to play.

3. You can select a different prize to redeem by clicking the “Get Prizes!” button. Click of this will direct the user to the Get Prizes main page.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 1:50 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, AS
I got the same auto-ack as joporto but I'm more concerned about:

Q9: How many prizes can I get?

A: Participants are limited to one software prize and one hardware prize per household address.

I was hoping to toss a few miles into both of our Alaska MP acc'ts before they expire in April. Maybe the statement means that one 100 mile redemption and one larger redemption per household? And if I redeem for the 100 miles, will I not ever again be allowed to redeem for another 100 miles? Note that there is no indication the the redemptions are once a quarter or a year. This program might be self-cancelling!
Old Jan 11, 2008, 2:52 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by Travlynn
Maybe the statement means that one 100 mile redemption and one larger redemption per household?
IMHO, the statement means you can only redeem for a single piece of hardware (cameras, headsets, controllers, etc.) and a single piece of software (one game or other software title). I don't think that things like T-shirts, miles, etc. would be counted as either "software" or "hardware." Obviously, I have no actual proof of this, but being a computer guy, "software" and "hardware" have very specific meanings to me, and miles don't fall under either category.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
I was able to redeem for US points (2500) earlier this week. I hope this hasn't played out yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.