Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2008, 5:48 am

Is 20 points the maximum number of points per game?
Old Jan 11, 2008, 6:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
A couple of Questions

I redeemed points for a 100 miles reward at the beginning of the week, however my account states "no order history found". The points were taken out of my account. Is anyone else seeing this for those who redeemed points? I did save the confirmation email.

Also, do you think you can redeem miles for a family members account or do you think everyone should have their own? I read the terms and conditions but did not find anything related to this. Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by futaris
Look at reply #3.

Originally Posted by Tmpy
I redeemed points for a 100 miles reward at the beginning of the week, however my account states "no order history found". The points were taken out of my account. Is anyone else seeing this for those who redeemed points? I did save the confirmation email.
I just checked my account and it also states "no order history found." I'm not concerned.

Also, do you think you can redeem miles for a family members account or do you think everyone should have their own? I read the terms and conditions but did not find anything related to this. Thanks.
You would probably be safe redeeming miles for a family members/other people, a la e-Rewards.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I got the same error message as most of you, and I also show no order history, although I do have the confirmation emails to show I did order some AA miles. In fact, it let me order six 100 mile prizes day before yesterday, but today, nothing.

I'm sure the 100 mile prizes will go first (a la Coke Rewards/Hilton points) since the cost is 40 points per 100 miles, as opposed to 50 and 55 points per 100 miles for the larger prizes. Who thought up those prize awards?
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:17 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by futaris
I got 25 tickets for Flexicon.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:52 pm

Thanks, OP.

But the games are too hard for me
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:55 pm

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing OP. Good way for to earn somemore miles.^
Old Jan 11, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: Frontier Summit, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Nanook
I'm sure the 100 mile prizes will go first (a la Coke Rewards/Hilton points) since the cost is 40 points per 100 miles, as opposed to 50 and 55 points per 100 miles for the larger prizes. Who thought up those prize awards?
Where are you getting your numbers?

Code:
Tickets:Miles
 250 : 100    =  250 tkt per 100mi
1000 : 500    =  200 tkt per 100mi
1800 : 1000   =  180 tkt per 100mi
4300 : 2500   =  172 tkt per 100mi
And with being able to get Frontier miles, it works out even better for me with F9's lower redemption levels.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 2:49 pm

Programs: MR Plat, BW Rewards Plat, CP Gold, HH Silver, Delta Skymiles
Crossfire

I've been playing CrossFire. Pretty easy, you match up words in each column. Can try different ones over and over until you get it right, so no real getting stumped, and you don't have to use the search if you don't want to. 20 tickets/game. Thanks for the heads up on this OP.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
i'm guessing this is an attempt for Microsoft to show more stats for their search engine. I'm sure Google's blowing them out of the water, so maybe this is a feable attempt to try to regain a top spot in the search engines, and make it appear that people are actually using their search engines for searching (rather than playing games)?

if anything, playing flexicon has proven to me that I don't get the results I want when searching with "Live Search."
(as mentioned in post 15)
Old Jan 11, 2008, 3:46 pm

There's a lot of reports out there about people having their redemptions rejected. So essentially you don't know how they determine whether you're using a bot or something else that's automated but if you cross that undefined threshold they deny your redemption and there's nothing you can do about it. If you accumulate about 20 points every 3 minutes you need about 11 hours to get enough points to redeem for 2500 miles..
Old Jan 11, 2008, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, IcelandAir, Starbucks
I tried again for the 2500 AA miles with no luck (same inability to process message). I then decided to see if some headphones were available. That order went through just fine. So maybe it is an availability issue.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm, I got on fine this afternoon, but now when I try to get to Live Search Club, I'm redirected to www.msn.com. What gives?

Edited to add:

Ahhh, they've restricted it to IE only. I guess engineering in glitches on other browsers wasn't enough for them. I hate IE.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Jan 11, 2008 at 7:39 pm
Old Jan 11, 2008, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Hmmm, I got on fine this afternoon, but now when I try to get to Live Search Club, I'm redirected to www.msn.com. What gives?

Edited to add:

Ahhh, they've restricted it to IE only. I guess engineering in glitches on other browsers wasn't enough for them. I hate IE.
When I go, i get redirected. If I try again it works. Not sure why, but I can always get there the second try.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by joporto
I got a message saying: "We're sorry; we are unable to process your request."
Originally Posted by majikTib
both my dad and myself tried redeeming 1,000 miles and were unable to do so (same message as joporto).
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
I can't redeem for 100 or 500 Alaska miles either

I got the same message today. Has anyone been able to redeem miles yesterday or today?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.