Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2008, 7:54 am

Programs: US, NW, HH Gold, iDine VIP
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by roadtripman
I got the same message today. Has anyone been able to redeem miles yesterday or today?
Because others were reporting problems with AA miles, and I wanted US miles, I made the effort to get to 4300 points last night - figured it was best to hurry. I reached around 11PM, and got the same error messages as others. The help form brought the same autoresponder with FAQ, as well.

So, US is off the list (only temporarily, I hope), as well.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by roadtripman
I got the same message today. Has anyone been able to redeem miles yesterday or today?
Still getting that here.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:07 am

redacted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 14, 2009 at 7:19 pm
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by ProvRIGuy
Because others were reporting problems with AA miles, and I wanted US miles, I made the effort to get to 4300 points last night - figured it was best to hurry. I reached around 11PM, and got the same error messages as others. The help form brought the same autoresponder with FAQ, as well.

So, US is off the list (only temporarily, I hope), as well.
Originally Posted by edlin303
Still getting that here.
This is not good. Personally, I'm not holding my breath that we'll ever see them offered again. There are a lot of echoes of MCR with this program. I hope I'm wrong.

This sucks a lot for me, since I'm in Canada and can't redeem for any of the other rewards.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by shoodawg
If the are using airincentives.com for the aa miles, we may have a wait on our hands until aa is a redemption choice at airincentives.com.
They offered AA redemptions up until a few days ago. Many people reported successfully redeeming for them. I don't think this has anything to do at all with airincentives.com
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:20 am

redacted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jan 14, 2009 at 7:19 pm
Old Jan 12, 2008, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by shoodawg
OK. about a week ago I "successfully" redeemed for some aa miles, and at the time saw something about them being fulfilled by airincentives.com. So, I went to airincentives.com once again and aa was not included in the program.

(a couple months ago I was awarded 100,000 miles for something I did, and airincentives.com was the fulfiller, no aa participation then either :-( )
Hmm, I believe you, but this problem is beyond AA. I've tried for Frontier, Delta, and US and none work. I'm not going to try the others but I'm guessing they don't work either. Maybe they're wisening up about how easy it actually is to get these miles and are going to be either eradicating them or raising the redemption levels.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:15 am

Programs: Too many to list
Thread begun January 6th. Problems redeeming being January 11th. Only 5 days for FTers to expose another program's redemption flaw??

Tried this morning to redeem for an award (all levels: 100, 500, 1000, 2500) on every airline buy Hawaiian and Frontier. No dice.

Did enter an AA reward on Jan. 7th and that did "go through".

They are either eliminating, or changing their redemption levels for airline miles.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
Thread begun January 6th. Problems redeeming being January 11th. Only 5 days for FTers to expose another program's redemption flaw??

Tried this morning to redeem for an award (all levels: 100, 500, 1000, 2500) on every airline buy Hawaiian and Frontier. No dice.

Did enter an AA reward on Jan. 7th and that did "go through".

They are either eliminating, or changing their redemption levels for airline miles.
The early bird gets the worm, I guess. I just feel really bad that I spent 10+ hours of my time trying to get the 1,000 miles and am now faced with not getting my airline miles. This program sucks.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
I'm not worried yet, since the redemption seems in line with their other options. It seems to be 1 point ~$0.01. The miles were $0.017 each if you use that calculation, which seems reasonable. I think the system is just broken. In any event, I put in a help request to see what is going on. Glad I at least got 1k US that went through. Hopefully they don't think I'm a bot.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:53 pm

I'm not worried yet, since the redemption seems in line with their other options. It seems to be 1 point ~$0.01. The miles were $0.017 each if you use that calculation, which seems reasonable. I think the system is just broken. In any event, I put in a help request to see what is going on. Glad I at least got 1k US that went through. Hopefully they don't think I'm a bot.
If they accuse you of using a "bot" and you weren't using one, I bet a person could sue their @$$ off for being accused of being a cheater. I'm no legal expert, but that could be constituted as slander.

I look forward to some good fighting with this company if I'm ever accused. This thing is pretty bot-proof, I'm not sure what they're so concerned about. There is word verification every game and during the game if you submit your answers too quickly.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: QF Platinum

I tried Hawaiian, Alaska, AA and Delta for just 250 tickets for 100 miles, no good any of them. I have 900 tickets and I'm in Australia so miles is my only option......I got "We're sorry; we are unable to process your request."

I fear they are onto it, I used chickenairy with the anagram buster and flew through it. Shame as I wanted to keep my programs alive for another 18 months. If anyone gets redemption post it as there may only be a small window of opportunity!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 4:19 pm

I wonder if the use of anagram solvers is considered a cheat by them.

More random speculation.. I also wonder if hitting one of those 'verify you're not a bot' boxes brings up your account for manual verification before they allow you to submit for a prize. Just tried redeeming for 500 AA miles and it gives the same error to me, cannot process the request.

Last edited by Lurker1999; Jan 12, 2008 at 4:33 pm
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:58 am

If anyone is successfully redeeming for miles, please say so. We can't all be being flagged.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Hmmm, I got on fine this afternoon, but now when I try to get to Live Search Club, I'm redirected to www.msn.com. What gives?

Edited to add:

Ahhh, they've restricted it to IE only. I guess engineering in glitches on other browsers wasn't enough for them. I hate IE.
For those on Firefox, definitely add the (free) User Agent Switcher:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59

From the Tools menu in FF you can select what browser FF displays itself as to other sites. Whenever I get a message saying only IE is supported for a site, I just select the IE option in the menu and continue on my way. I've never had it not work. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.