Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2008, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta, United, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
My account is blocked!

Well, I called up Microsoft's main number and spoke to someone in the Phillipines. She could look up my account and while she didn't exactly call me a cheat, she did say my account was blocked. She then told me that I would have to speak to someone at MSN. Well to make a long story short (I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone) and everyone I spoke to denied any knowledge or responsibility for customer support for this program and referred me to other numbers. 6 phone numbers later, I still wasn't able to talk to anyone with any knowledge about the program.

I'm actually suprised how much it bothers me to be labeled a cheat and not be able to defend myself (for the record, I did these games legitimately). And I spent way too much time on the games which now feels completely wasted.

Does anybody have any ideas?
Old Jan 31, 2008, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, AS
I needed to get some miles posted to Alaska before the acc't expires in April; so I 'spent' some LSC tickets on Jan 18 and today the 100 miles posted as:

Date Activity Type Flight Miles Bonus Total
01/31/08 Points.Com Air Reward Pgm 4376 100 0 100

Interesting that they posted as miles, not bonus.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 3:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
i'm getting an error too.

I'm getting a communication error as well when I play the game even though I can sign in. I have never used a bot and only played Flexicon. However at times I might play 2 hours or so and many times had to enter special numbers and letters in a box before continuing. I'm not very fast so I didn't accumulate a lot of points but this is nonsense if they blocked my acct. I am legit!
Old Jan 31, 2008, 4:01 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by flguy
I had that happen to me twice before but I just had to log out then log back in and it worked fine.
Well, having lots of experience with Microsoft, this was the first thing I tried, but no good. Anyway, for a few miles it is not worth it to spend hours on the phone, I detest call centres.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 4:04 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
I requested miles (delta) on the 17th and 27th..no miles yet, I can still earn tickets so I hope that's a good sign.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tmpy
I'm getting a communication error as well when I play the game even though I can sign in. I have never used a bot and only played Flexicon. However at times I might play 2 hours or so and many times had to enter special numbers and letters in a box before continuing. I'm not very fast so I didn't accumulate a lot of points but this is nonsense if they blocked my acct. I am legit!
Same here, although I played a bit of Chicktionary and finished Red Carpet Reveal. My wife's account is fine, though. I was so close to redeeming for 2500 miles too.

NB, if I try to redeem for 100 miles, it displays:
Your deposit is currently processing.
This may take up to two minutes to finish.

(which goes through corporate.points.com)

and then it gives me this error:
We're sorry; we are unable to process your request.

Last edited by futaris; Jan 31, 2008 at 5:53 pm
Old Jan 31, 2008, 6:15 pm

Both Mrs. Cornroaster and I had 100 miles post on Alaska Airways today. That was the first order we placed to see how this would work. Now we are waiting to see whether 2500 American miles we have ordered for both of us post, as well as 100 Delta ordered to try and be a partner in the Delta promo. But the miles for AA and Delta were ordered about 2 weeks later than the Alaska miles.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 8:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
My miles posted today as well. Back to playing!
Old Feb 1, 2008, 1:18 am

Communications error and unable to earn points plus unable to redeem for miles. I guess I've been "flagged".
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I am getting the server error message as well. I have written to the "help" area gotten the automated reply and then responded to the automated reply. I will post again if I hear something.

BTW, I only earned a little 1000 points in 10 days.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I redeemed for 500 DL with the same idea to not play anymore until the miles post. This was on the 27th. Today, my Live account has been reduced by 1000 tickets and I can still earn, but no miles yet to my SM account.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:41 am

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
I received an email yesterday to join a group to help them improve Live Search. It has to be installed on IE and if you participate you'll earn 1,000 tickets.

I opened IE to install their "trial" and then played Flexicon. Game frooze up on me though so I switched back to Firefox. Hopefully that was enough to get the bonus tickets.

Anyone else having issues playing the games because of the searches on IE?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by ProvRIGuy
Chuckles beat me by an hour, but I just had 5000 USAir miles post as well - showed from points.com.

I submitted on 1/18 and 1/22, and both hit today - maybe it's a monthly sweep...

Either way, I'm motivated to get back to flexicon now

I've been out of pocket and am just having a chance to check. I am pleased to announce that both of my 2500 transactions have now posted to USAir. Thanks for the update, and looks like I will be playing much flexicon this weekend. Ihave lots of time ot make up for.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL UA US
Thanks to everybody who posted about their miles posting to their FF accounts.

That is very reassuring.

Pincus
Old Feb 1, 2008, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by abezebabe
I've been out of pocket and am just having a chance to check. I am pleased to announce that both of my 2500 transactions have now posted to USAir. Thanks for the update, and looks like I will be playing much flexicon this weekend. Ihave lots of time ot make up for.
A Huge 'THANK YOU' abezebabe for originally posting this. Now the big question is, will they limit the number of miles earned? I see this in the site:

"*Limit one item per household (based on account holder address) of each hardware and software product."

But I cannot find anything about a limit on miles. Let's see, only 3,440,000 'tickets' for AA lifetime Plat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.