Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by reiflame
Can you specify where in Microsoft's Terms and Conditions that it specifies that using an anagram solver is against the rules?
I do not represent Microsoft in any way, so that question is better directed to their helpdesk.

That being said, I found this line in their T&C's:

"You must not use any bot, cheat code or other automated way to do an Activity or participate in the Program."

I would interpret an Anagram solver as an automated way to do an activity.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by reiflame
Thanks for being candid Airborn Flyer. Can you specify where in Microsoft's Terms and Conditions that it specifies that using an anagram solver is against the rules?
I don't think he can speak for MS if he's not working for them. The Club Live Search website is pretty non-committal in this regard: Please be aware that we regularly review game play and have a set of criteria by which invalid activity is easily identified. When we find this type of behavior, we cancel any prize orders or ticket accruals made by that account, based on the Microsoft Terms and Conditions. Because we are committed to the overall user experience and fair game playing, Live Search Club has made the effort to effectively deal with those users appropriately so that the rest of the gaming community can continue to enjoy these games and puzzles.

So basically if they decide that it's not legal they'll simply invalidate your prize submission. And I'm sure they're not going to specifically mention some methods since it may encourage those who didn't know about them to try them out.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:28 pm

Programs: US, NW, HH Gold, iDine VIP
Originally Posted by AirBorn Flyer
Folks,

I work for AirIncentives that is powering the Live Search Club mileage redemptions. The Airline Redemptions are temporarily down. They should be back up in a day or two. I will post again once they are live.

I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.
Airborn, thanks so much for the info. In my read of the rules, etc., I've been unclear on one other piece on redemptions - do you know if are we allowed to only redeem miles once at each value? Once per airline?

Or can I keep going "to the well" for 2500 US miles at a time?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by AirBorn Flyer
I would interpret an Anagram solver as an automated way to do an activity.

I have to disagree on that. As long as you enter the entries manually, how can you call it automatic? What is the difference between that and using a dictionary (albeit much faster)?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I have to disagree on that. As long as you enter the entries manually, how can you call it automatic? What is the difference between that and using a dictionary (albeit much faster)?
I do see your point, that was just my interpretation.

Again I am not speaking on behalf of Microsoft. An anagram solver may be legit...but I highly doubt it...
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by ProvRIGuy
Airborn, thanks so much for the info. In my read of the rules, etc., I've been unclear on one other piece on redemptions - do you know if are we allowed to only redeem miles once at each value? Once per airline?

Or can I keep going "to the well" for 2500 US miles at a time?
You can redeem as many times as you like on as many different airlines as you like...as long as you legitimately earned your tickets
Old Jan 15, 2008, 9:25 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
From the redemption page:

Frequent Flyer Mile prizes are temporarily unavailable. Please wait 1-2 business days and try again. We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Sincerely,
Live Search Club Team
Air Incentives fulfills Frequent Flyer Mile orders on behalf of Microsoft.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 3:37 pm

There's a long, long thread on chepassgamer about Club Live although clearly there they focus more on the Xbox 360. There appears to be no consensus opinion on whether using an anagram solver and then entering the information manually into the games flags your account for fraud.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:37 am

Programs: MR Plat, BW Rewards Plat, CP Gold, HH Silver, Delta Skymiles
Don't know if it's due to the FlyerTalk posting or what, but I've been getting an error quite a few times the last few days when I visit the site. Hope they get things worked out.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
There's a long, long thread on chepassgamer about Club Live although clearly there they focus more on the Xbox 360. There appears to be no consensus opinion on whether using an anagram solver and then entering the information manually into the games flags your account for fraud.
If it is entered manually, how would the account be flagged?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
If it is entered manually, how would the account be flagged?
Solving the puzzles too quickly? I'm sure there are scripts/bots out there that simply pause when one of those image verification boxes pop up, wait for the user to enter the correct string and then continue to fill in the boxes.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Solving the puzzles too quickly? I'm sure there are scripts/bots out there that simply pause when one of those image verification boxes pop up, wait for the user to enter the correct string and then continue to fill in the boxes.
If people are using bots to solve these, that's pretty sad. An average game of Flexicon takes me less than 5 minutes, all the while using the Live search tool to get hints, but more often because I've played it enough that I'm getting repeats and have memorized the answers.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:06 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by roadtripman
If people are using bots to solve these, that's pretty sad. An average game of Flexicon takes me less than 5 minutes, all the while using the Live search tool to get hints, but more often because I've played it enough that I'm getting repeats and have memorized the answers.
Same here...they use the same clues over and over so it becomes very easy.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by delmargal
Same here...they use the same clues over and over so it becomes very easy.
Agreed. And since it appears to have the maximum points, I don't even do the other puzzles (unless I have a lot of time on my hands and have exhausted flexicon...)
Old Jan 17, 2008, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Airline redemptions are working!!!

I just now redeemed for 100 Alaska Miles to keep my account alive and it worked!!!!

I am now wondering if the Delta award would count toward the 25K promo?

Redeem away Flyertalkers!!!

JudyJFLA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.