Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:33 am
cvr

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum & Priority Club Platinum
Do we know for whom the T-codes where originally intended?

I've seen something regarding travel industry from Germany, is that correct?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by cvr
Do we know for whom the T-codes where originally intended?

I've seen something regarding travel industry from Germany, is that correct?
Doesn't matter.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by armeee
I am planning an 8 day rental in April and would like to use Alamo. I am part of the Insiders club but I am finding no discounts and discovering the rates are extremely high.

I have done a few mock bookings with T code and it is offering me a fullsize SUV for about $390.
Is there another coupon which could accompany the T code to drop the rate?
I cannot tell if the T code includes an additional driver, does it?

I also have been playing with contract code 6677196M with 2 car upgrade
AU4234FDA offering a fullsize for $310.
Again, I cannot tell if add driver is included, or does not ask me either way...

The one thing I am finding is that 8th day is killing me as far as price.

Will Alamo Insiders offer me a better deal closer to April or is this as good as it gets?

Never been to MCO, any tips and advice would be most appreciated.
*** I have done my best to research this thread, appologies if I missed something.
Too early right now to get a good price for April. Make a res, check every week or so for a better price, update as needed. Like you would anytime.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Premier; NW Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Silver; Priority Club Gold; Avis Select
Can you use online check in with Alamo's T code?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:33 pm
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Yes -- although, lately, since the Alamo web site "upgrade", several of us have been having trouble getting it to do it. I don't think it is T-code related at all. It seems to just be a problem where, sometimes, it won't let you do the online check-in right away. My assumption is that it will clear up and start working soon...

- John...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by jgoggan
Yes -- although, lately, since the Alamo web site "upgrade", several of us have been having trouble getting it to do it. I don't think it is T-code related at all. It seems to just be a problem where, sometimes, it won't let you do the online check-in right away. My assumption is that it will clear up and start working soon...

- John...
I hope so. I frankly don't have time to list all of the glitches I have encountered with their new site but wow, does it suck.

And for those interested Alamo has been dropping prices on convertibles at LAS for random dates over the next few months. Some weeks I've found the convert to be cheaper than the economy.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:43 am

Their website is now fixed at least for the online check in for the T code reservations.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 3:17 pm

I found what I was looking for.

Last edited by msbuz; Mar 4, 2013 at 5:11 pm
Old Feb 9, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Germany Rental

Is T-code supposed to work for Germany? I tried several different codes and none of them work. I would appreciate if someone pm working code for Germany.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
I am interested in using the T code for an upcoming PHX rental. The T code would save me a lot of money for a Van rental which is what we need. Though I read a lot about many people being successful with picking up their rentals using this rate, and to use a kiosk or online check-in, but has anyone ever been refused? More importantly, what concerns me, what if the worst happened and there was an accident, or small damage to the vehicle? Although I see that insurance is included, I am sure an accident would generate a more indepth look into the reservation, and it would then be discovered that I was not entitled to the rate. If this were to happen, would they charge me more, and what about the damage? Normally I rely upon my own personal car insurance for coverage, but if I have a reservation under the T code which I am actually not entitled to use, would this void my own insurance companie's coverage? I am not sure if anyone may know the answers to such questions, and in all my rentals, I've never had any accdient or damage, but just concerned about "what if." I do want to take advantage of the T code, and realize many do take advantage of this great code, but isn't anyone worried about the unknown implications if there was an accident? Everyone's concern seems to be more about leaving the car rental center with a vehicle taking advantage fo the lower T code rate, but my concern is what if the worst happened and there was damage to the car under my rental, then what? Thanks for all who may share their thoughts and opinions. Hum, to be honest, I guess I am looking for assurance that even if there was damage, that using the T code won't cause me any issues.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
No assurance about insurance. ;-)

Take your chances but I would bet your insurance would still cover it. They don't know what codes you did or didn't use. All they would know is that you had an accident.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:36 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by pkerr
No assurance about insurance. ;-)

Take your chances but I would bet your insurance would still cover it. They don't know what codes you did or didn't use. All they would know is that you had an accident.
I agree. Unless there is something in your insurance that says they will only cover you if you use a code that you are entitled too.....

I have never seen insurance that says this, or anything even close.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by jpc763
All,

I used the T code to reserve a car at John Wayne in Orange County back in August. I have my email confirmation still which shows all the inclusions (fuel, insurance, etc).

I decided to "online check in" which is a button from the email. It leads to a dead page. I clicked the Alamo.com "Online check in" and typed my name and confirmation number. It says "This reservation is not eligible for Online Check-In" so I decided to "view" my confirmation using Alamo.com. I get the reservation but also this message "You cannot modify this reservation online. To modify or cancel, please call (888)826-6893" which I expected based on reading the past couple pages in this thread.

Besides that, 2 things concerned me:
1) There is a window on the side that says "Sorry to see you go. We hope you will visit us again at Alamo.com for your future car rental needs." Did my reservation get cancelled?

2) When I look at the summary (or email it again to myself) I do not see the list of inclusions (especially fuel). Did they modify my reservation?

Anybody have experience with any of this?

For reference, here is what Alamo.com "view reservation" says:

Car Summary Midsize SUV
Ford Escape(or similar)
Power Door Locks
Automatic Transmission
Air Conditioning
AM/FM Stereo and CD
Additional options available
Rental Rate Detail

1 Rental @201.95 $201.95
2 Day(s) @44.67 $89.34

Taxes and Fees:
Mtr Veh Fuel Sales Tax (2.75%) $0.69
Sales Tax (8.0%) $5.17
UNLIMITED MILEAGE( Excess Mileage Fee $ per mile) INCLUDED
Estimated Total: $297.15

and here is what my original email says:

Base Rate - Midsize SUV (USD)
(1) Rental Rate ($202.05/rental) $202.05
(2) Day Rate ($44.70/day) $89.39

Contract I.D. Alamo.de Pep Master Pl
Inclusive Rate Items
No charge distance Included
(9) Collision damage waiver full Included
(9) Extended protection Included
Upfront fuel Included
Concession fee recovery 11.11 % Included
Tourism fee 2.85 % Included
Mtr veh fuel sales tax (2.750%) $0.69 Included
Sales tax (7.750%) $5.02 Included
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

Subtotal.......................................... ...$297.15
Estimated Total......................................$297.15

Thanks in advance, John
Just cancelled this car as I got a minivan from Alamo for the same dates for $224. I can handle the tank of gas with the savings.

Now, if someone has a CASH OFF coupon, let me know!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 2:31 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
..so whats this t-code? any good?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Online Check-in using T Code

I have an upcoming reservation and hope to use the T-code. I see that maybe doing the online check-in may be an option, or if that should fail, use the kiosk. My reservation is at PHX, and will have to go to the car rental center to pick up the car. If I do the online check-in, and it's successful where I am able to check in and I presume pay with my credit card, where do I go at the car rental center? I've never used a kiosk, or online check-in. Do I simply print off any paperwork, and head to the car and drive off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.