Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by keishashadow
this was posted on DIS, so it's 'out' there producing same ballpark price as secret code

vroom vroom vroom limited (appears to be from AU travel provider as best as determined by search)

code #299851, for weekly reservation combine with double upgrade coupon AU4234FDA have no idea where it orginated

it does include CDW
On the reservations I checked, it is quite a bit higher, and doesnt include prepaid fuel like the pepmaster code does. It also adds a hefty drop fee on one ways....
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by tatterdema
On the reservations I checked, it is quite a bit higher, and doesnt include prepaid fuel like the pepmaster code does. It also adds a hefty drop fee on one ways....
true, no prepaid fuel is included. I'm not eligible to use either code, have used the pepmaster without issue, but figured this code w/o the fuel might be 'safer' to use if priced the same, jmho

fyi, i ran my existing reservations again, it's still working well for MCO and other FLA locations i priced out
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by violetrain
I did go through the last 20 pages under this thread. Except for the old TI1 and the "TINDR1" another guy posted (which you said is not THE ONE), I found nothing. Could you PM me the code? Thank you.
As far as I understand, the TI1, TINDR1 and TIND1 codes are special rates for travel industry professionals, that is, people who work for travel agencies.

The main difference from any corporate rate is that there is a well-known document that identifies you as travel industry professional : IATA card.
If you don't have one, the chance you get caught is very high.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: Lotz
TINDR is pepmaster from Germany. I actually have an IATA card but don't know of any travel codes for Alamo.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:09 pm

What exactly is "pepmaster"?
I thought it's some kind of "master code" and P.E.P. is some acronym in German.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by elruso
As far as I understand, the TI1, TINDR1 and TIND1 codes are special rates for travel industry professionals, that is, people who work for travel agencies.

The main difference from any corporate rate is that there is a well-known document that identifies you as travel industry professional : IATA card.
If you don't have one, the chance you get caught is very high.
In the multiple times I used the TI1 code as well as the many others here, no one EVER had problems or were asked for an IATA card. Not to say it couldn't happen, but it never did in all the many reservations that were made.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by elruso
What exactly is "pepmaster"?
I thought it's some kind of "master code" and P.E.P. is some acronym in German.
master of politics, economics & philosophy in Germany:

http://www.wiso.uni-hamburg.de/fachb...m/pep-msc/faq/
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
In the multiple times I used the TI1 code as well as the many others here, no one EVER had problems or were asked for an IATA card. Not to say it couldn't happen, but it never did in all the many reservations that were made.
Good to know Alamo doesn't check the eligibility.
Will they check it in the event of an accident?

Originally Posted by tassojunior
master of politics, economics & philosophy in Germany:

http://www.wiso.uni-hamburg.de/fachb...m/pep-msc/faq/
I really doubt Alamo has an all inclusive code for "Master in politics, economics & philosophy" and the code acronym resembles "Travel INDustry"

There is a similar discussion in German forum:
http://www.usa-reise.net/forum/smf/i...topic=31242.15
(the Google translate is horrible, but they talk about the Travel Agent ID card as well)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:57 pm

granted, but when you put the code in it comes up as "pepmaster.de"
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
YYZ High Rates right now

trying to get a one week rental from YYZ starting June 30 and seeing high 450-550 rates by the majors and $250 for Universal Rentacar.

Anyone know of an idea for a one week rental that can bring the price down?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
Anyone know of an idea for a one week rental that can bring the price down?
Priceline?

Shuly
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Originally Posted by shuly
Priceline?

Shuly
so far no go -- bidding up to 400. hotwire is 443.

could go with independent company I've never heard of for $240.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:45 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Just used TINDR code for a 4 day rental. Rental came out to $163. Requested a compact car and when I checked in all they had was a Prem SUV. (GMC Yukon) The rep initially said they had a great upgrade for me but when I whined a bit about the poor gas mileage she dropped the rate to $73 still including a free tank of gas. I think it holds 26 gallons so at around $4/gallon I got a great deal.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by MileTex
Just used TINDR code for a 4 day rental. Rental came out to $163. Requested a compact car and when I checked in all they had was a Prem SUV. (GMC Yukon) The rep initially said they had a great upgrade for me but when I whined a bit about the poor gas mileage she dropped the rate to $73 still including a free tank of gas. I think it holds 26 gallons so at around $4/gallon I got a great deal.
Reservation or actually picked up the car and used the code?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:37 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by MileTex
Wow, you actually made money. When I used it last month, I got Triple RR points somehow. I only had a mid suv (hyundai) and it sucked. Has such a small tank, I was afraid I would run out going from Palm Springs to Las Vegas, through the Mojave Preserve.

Last edited by tatterdema; Jul 2, 2012 at 1:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.