Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkAL
TIND1 code yielded great discount for weekly rental of midsize SUV in St Louis. TINDR1 added only about $2 but included free extra driver.

Without any codes rental would have been $330 plus taxes & fees for $408. With TINDR1 and AD2359FDF ($35 coupon), total rental will be $166.^
Not quite as good, but also try 66777D and 66777D3M and the American Airlines AD2359FDF coupon.
*****D3M includes similar perks as the Pepmaster code, though quote is higher than 66777D.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:19 pm

Do not go to the rental counter in Mia or Fll if you are using the t1 code

If you are renting from Miami or ft lauderdale airport do not go to the rental counter to use the t1 code. They will tell you that it is a German code and that you don't qualify for it. They told me you have to have a German license . I made another reservation after I was rejected and went to the kiosk and rented it from there. It gave me the rental paper and it told me to go to pick out my car. I did that and drove out. The lady at the exit booth took the paper and my license and my cc and scanned everything and told me to have a nice day. The liar at the counter in miami told me that if I did that I will be stopped at the exit. So I had someone drive me to ft. Lauderdale and I tried the counter first. They said no. I then created a new reservation and went to the kiosk.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Hi Guys,

New here, great forum, has me all pumped up for my upcoming trip to LAX. I am using a AOPA code and it is giving me a waiver on the under age driver fee (I am 21) and it is saving me alot of money to be honest. I tried the pep code but it doesnt offer it neither the other codes that I tried.

Question, anyone got a code for free CDW from Alamo? I dont want to risk my AMEX CDW as I have never used it. I would truly appreciate it! Or a Under Age waiver so I can use it with the pep code.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Redwood839
I dont want to risk my AMEX CDW as I have never used it.
I don't think there is much to "risk." I've had two claims (with the paid PCRP) with no adverse effects. Granted, both were very minor damages (a couple hundred bucks), but I've never heard of anyone being dropped by Amex (or any card company, for that matter) for ordinary rental car damage claims.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Called AMEX and they said that for CR card's you have to be a Platinum not gold for CDW which I am. Visa Gold does cover me but rather not use a card for these sort of things.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta, American, British
Any suggestions for codes for one way bookings? I'm driving from RDU-GSP on 9/11-15.

I tried with Alamo/PEP and get an acceptable rate in the $180s, but then they tack on a $150 drop fee, which makes it not so decent...

I was looking at Kayak, Orbitz, etc, and rates are about $290 and up. Ended up booking on Alamo for $276 using a Costco code. I'll keep looking, and keep missing AutoSlash, but any advice is appreciated.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by jetlagg3d
Any suggestions for codes for one way bookings? I'm driving from RDU-GSP on 9/11-15.

I tried with Alamo/PEP and get an acceptable rate in the $180s, but then they tack on a $150 drop fee, which makes it not so decent...

I was looking at Kayak, Orbitz, etc, and rates are about $290 and up. Ended up booking on Alamo for $276 using a Costco code. I'll keep looking, and keep missing AutoSlash, but any advice is appreciated.
I just booked a one way yesterday from LAX to LAS 10/27-11/3 using Alamo/PEP, and did not see a drop fee. Total was $224 for me.

There's also a thread on one-way rental codes
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:19 am

Question

Originally Posted by mr_joe
Thanks to this forum I was able to secure a great rate on a full size suv from alamo for a week rental at LAS....and I was wondering if someone who has used the alamo code tind1 can confirm if the gas is included in the rental? It states upfront fuel included in the confirmation email but I'm not sure if there are any additional fees associated with that. Also does anyone know what types of Full Size SUVS Alamao usually stocks in LAS?
If anyone can help me with my previous post I would appreciate it, I've searched and haven't been able to come up with any info.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta Gold, M&M Senator, ITA executive, wyndham diamond, Hyatt explorist
hi there

i've been following the pep code discussion for a while now.
Like some people mentioned, it is a code for people who work in the travel industry
But there are other people who are officialy entitled to this promotion: people who have a press card, students with an ISIC card and teachers with a ITIC card. Maybe some more people can use the code like this without having to worry what happens at the counter. If you google isic, itic ord press card with alamo, you will find the apprpriate links with the 38% discount.

greetz
Old Sep 14, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
Originally Posted by mr_joe
If anyone can help me with my previous post I would appreciate it, I've searched and haven't been able to come up with any info.

Thanks in advance!
I've rented a Full SUV with code in LAS... checked in online and went straight to car area... garage attendant asked what size and pointed me to back row filled with Tahoe's and Suburban's. He said take any Tahoe, just not a Suburban.

When returning, for example, if you bring it in on empty they will enter 0 for gas onto their handheld device. The device will recognize you have fuel included and you will not be charged anything additional.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:27 am

T1/PEP vs. Korean Air code

So the T1/PEP code includes CDW, Liability, and Fuel while the Korean Air code for Alamo includes CDW only.

The only thing that worries me about the T1 code is if you get into an accident or if there is some damage. Since the code says it's from Alamo.de, and I'm obviously not renting from Germany, can't they revoke CDW and liability?

For the Korean air code, you only need to join their Skypass frequent flyer club, which is very easy. Any thoughts?

Both codes are within $10 of each other for a one-way rental
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Well do you fell lucky , punk? Well do ya?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
Well do you fell lucky , punk? Well do ya?
That's what I figured It's a risk-to-reward issue, and the free-gas is not worth the risk
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Question FREE CAR RENTAL CODE - Does it work?

T code that brings the total to $0

How is this possible???? Does this work? has anybody seen this before?

maybe ive found another T code, that gives you a free rental?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by KL808
T code that brings the total to $0

How is this possible???? Does this work? has anybody seen this before?

maybe ive found another T code, that gives you a free rental?

Ok, I'll bite - saaaaay whaaaat ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.