Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
For me, TIND1 and TINDR1 both locked in decent rates on a full size and include all coverages and fees, but I wasn't able to apply any coupons. Even when a coupon was accepted, it would be debited and credited out on the same page, rendering it useless. Still, got a much better rate than I would have otherwise with insider and free birthday code.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:56 am

"For me, TIND1 and TINDR1 both locked in decent rates on a full size and include all coverages and fees"

Me as well, I'm just curious about the T code that is generating $ 0
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by flyertalkAL
TIND1 code yielded great discount for weekly rental of midsize SUV in St Louis. TINDR1 added only about $2 but included free extra driver.

Without any codes rental would have been $330 plus taxes & fees for $408. With TINDR1 and AD2359FDF ($35 coupon), total rental will be $166.^

Thanks for the codes everyone!
Just a quick question on the "Coupon Will Be Applied" for $35 when using the TINDR1 code.....That isnt discounted in the rsvp, but it will be when you go to the counter? For example, it shows that a coupon has been listed for $35, and the total reservation is $200. Does that mean that when I go to pay, it will be factored in and then drop the rate to $165?

Thanks in advance anyone!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec
Well the only issue I have using any coupon with any of the T, Lufthansa, etc codes is that I won't be able to use the Kiosk and will be directed to the desk. I rather not elevate any chance of being asked about the code I am using.
Especially if the balance comes out to $0.00

TS
Old Sep 22, 2012, 3:05 pm

Save on Gas and Liability and other advantages

Before renting, register for ALAMO INSIDERS first with your name & license number and all. It saves lots of time.

Corp I.D. codes TIND1 and TINDR1 (add additional drivers free) offer the greatest discounts I've ever seen. Both have advantages INCLUDED with the rental that you don't pay extra for:

1. Upfront Fuel: You can bring back the vehicle empty & save big bucks
2. Collision Damage Waiver Full: Waives your responsibility for the cost of repair, replacement and loss of use of the rental car up to the full value of the vehicle. Applies from "dollar one", so there is no deductible
3. Extended protection - Liability and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection and Liability Protection - Protection for claims made against you, up to $1,000,000, of PRIMARY liability benefits.
4. Customer Facility Charge fees - no charge
5. Airport Access fees - no charge
6. Tire/battery fees - no charge
7. Vehicle License fee - no charge
And on and on.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:57 pm

I am trying to use the TIND1 or TINDR1 Corp IDs for a 1 day rental on the 27th from Vancouver airport, BC. But it bumps the regular rate by double to about $96. I even put in my Alamo Insiders number to get the regular 10% discount. And still the rate stayed the same for a Compact class car. What am I doing wrong?

If these codes are not applicable for this kind of 1 day rental, can anyone suggest some good Corp IDs or Coupon Codes? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by samhoq; Sep 25, 2012 at 12:02 am
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by samhoq
I am trying to use the TIND1 or TINDR1 Corp IDs for a 1 day rental on the 27th from Vancouver airport, BC. But it bumps the regular rate by double to about $96. I even put in my Alamo Insiders number to get the regular 10% discount. And still the rate stayed the same for a Compact class car. What am I doing wrong?

If these codes are not applicable for this kind of 1 day rental, can anyone suggest some good Corp IDs or Coupon Codes? Thanks in advance.
That code is generally not a good deal for 1 day rental. If you read back through the many pages on this topic, you will find many many many codes to try. Some good, some not so. Reading is your friend. You can learn lots here.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:54 am
was jgoggan

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Anyone notice any recent changes to the TINDR1 code? I'm trying to do a car at Disney in the beginning of November and the discount is good, as expected, but it does not include upfront fuel. This is the first time I've seen it NOT include upfront fuel. It included just fine in my California trip in September.

Just curious if everyone is seeing that? Am I just getting unlucky on the test trips that I am selecting? Or does the code no longer include upfront fuel?

EDIT: Interesting... I did a slightly LONGER search (i.e. anything past 72 hours) and, suddenly, upfront fuel shows up as included in all of those. So, maybe it has to be over 72 hours (which pushes it into an additional day, of course) to qualify for the upfront fuel. Just FYI.

- John...

Last edited by JohnMI; Oct 11, 2012 at 10:00 am
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:27 pm

I've found the zero dollar code. If anyone wants to volunteer to try it out I would be willing to PM it to you however I don't think it should be posted since I would imagine it would be pulled very quickly.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by maniac78
I've found the zero dollar code. If anyone wants to volunteer to try it out I would be willing to PM it to you however I don't think it should be posted since I would imagine it would be pulled very quickly.
Sent you a pm.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by maniac78
Sent you a PM also.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Thanks again FT!

I had a last minute need for a pre-cruise rental in FLL and yikes!!! at the rates for a one day weekend rental.

I came looking here after sucessfully using the T1 code last year. TIND1 does not bump the regular rate up as someone else encountered and saves me nearly $14 on the one day rental by including all those extra charges in the rate.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by trajanc
Sent you a pm.
No reply yet, for those interested.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:46 pm

Any enterprise discount codes for November? I need to rent a car from Nov 2nd - Nov 5th. Appreciate help.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Some other Europcar codes:

First two of them work pretty good in Europe. Please be aware that the user interface might change after you use the code on the first page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.