Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Has anyone had any recent problems with the old good Alamo code as I have two reservations coming up, one at MSY and one at MCO?
Old May 28, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by ktremor
Has anyone had any recent problems with the old good Alamo code as I have two reservations coming up, one at MSY and one at MCO?
If you are talking about the T code, just check your reservation online at alamo and it will show you that it is still being applied. Print it out and make sure you take it with you when you go to pickup your car.
Old May 31, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by geek
I'd wish i could use that coupon id (AU2852SDA) but it is not valid for July....bummer...
I just found that out, too. My next rental isn't until July 8th and I can't apply that coupon to it. I've been getting Insiders double-upgades every time for almost as long as I've been renting with Alamo, so I'm hoping the code will simply be updated sometime in the next couple of weeks.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: Usairways Silver
People are ridiculous they think since they have the code (chances are from someobody else) they have some kind of superior right to have it. I asked someone to PM to me which nobody could be bothered to do and yes I do know how to google and at first couldnt locate it. So, I found it on my own. Here it is so people dont keep asking which apparently really bothers some people for reasons unknown to me. This forum is supposed to be about sharing information and experiences yet some people want to keep secrets so they are the only ones that benefit. Thats kind of crummy if you ask me.

code = TINDR1
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Klineact
People are ridiculous they think since they have the code (chances are from someobody else) they have some kind of superior right to have it. I asked someone to PM to me which nobody could be bothered to do and yes I do know how to google and at first couldnt locate it. So, I found it on my own. Here it is so people dont keep asking which apparently really bothers some people for reasons unknown to me. This forum is supposed to be about sharing information and experiences yet some people want to keep secrets so they are the only ones that benefit. Thats kind of crummy if you ask me.

code = TINDR1
Awww. So no one PM'd you with the code and you had to Google it. That's really sad.
And BTW... TINDR1 is not THE code.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: Usairways Silver
Originally Posted by pkerr
Awww. So no one PM'd you with the code and you had to Google it. That's really sad.
And BTW... TINDR1 is not THE code.
well i dont know what code you are using and dont care. the above code gives you everything that the old ti1 code did, gas, cdw, inclusive of taxes and close to 40% off the rate so I guess it works for me and whoever else wants to use it because I am nice and can share. If you read my post you would see I did google it ...what is sad is your piss poor attitude along with others on this board. Its hurray for me and the hell with you...very nice!
Old Jun 9, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
The code isn't all that great, IMHO. I ran it through a test booking out of FLL for 6/14-6/18 - Standard Car.
Without the code = $115.34
With the code = $176.64

Sure, upfront fuel is included with the code. But are you going to spend more than the $61 you save in fuel (essentially a tankful) during the four days you have the car? For me, probably not. Plus it isn't worth the risk of carrying LDW that I'm not eligible for that could also void out my credit card's rental car coverage.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by plagwate
The code isn't all that great, IMHO. I ran it through a test booking out of FLL for 6/14-6/18 - Standard Car.
Without the code = $115.34
With the code = $176.64

Sure, upfront fuel is included with the code. But are you going to spend more than the $61 you save in fuel (essentially a tankful) during the four days you have the car? For me, probably not. Plus it isn't worth the risk of carrying LDW that I'm not eligible for that could also void out my credit card's rental car coverage.
Where it really helps is in one way rentals. It cut my cost from $550 to $160 with a coupon. Plus the tank of gas, brings it down to $100.00
Old Jun 9, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Where it really helps is in one way rentals. It cut my cost from $550 to $160 with a coupon. Plus the tank of gas, brings it down to $100.00
I would agree. But in the interest of transparency, I doubt that the majority of the "PM me too" folks on here are looking for one-way rentals. I could be wrong, but doubtful.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:26 am

In my case i need a 3-week rental for the Caribbean for next month of July (in the Dominican Republic to be exact) and the "big" code does not work down there and the other one doubles my rental cost.....bummer...
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:23 pm

Read back the last 5 pages of the thread, most of it just PM requests for 'the code'. I had come across it a few days ago from a friend of mine who frequents another forum. But she seemed as clueless as I find myself being.

I'm in need of an SUV out of LAX for a week in October. And the cheapest I've been able to find is a Budget code that I booked 2 months ago, pushing $400. This code gets me a Tahoe for just over $300.

Kind of a too good to be true situation perhaps? Have people been having a lot of trouble with the code at all? Considering everything that's included, seems like it'd probably be risky. I wouldn't think twice if I was traveling by myself, but I'm not.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:25 am

mia monthly

I'm going to be in Miami for a month starting next week.. can anyone suggest a code or a method for a best rate with Alamo? Usually I book at LAX anywhere from 4 days to a week and use the old costco code that gives me $30 off and then another small percentage for my insiders membership.. but $30 off a month long doesn't do much and I don't want to have to return the care and re-rent each week either. Suggestions?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:59 am

Programs: HH Silver
Double upgrade Exp 8/30/2012

Alamo AU2852SDA

Last edited by tatterdema; Jun 21, 2012 at 4:53 am Reason: Forgot to add agency....
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: Lotz
I'm booking through National every weekend with the Emerald code and the 1 free day coupon. At DCA, where I rent, Alamo & National pool cars so I could book with either and choose any car. But I can't find any contract ID's that combine with a free day to get a lower rate through Alamo. I must be doing something wrong as Alamo should be cheaper.

If anyone has a code that would help I'd appreciate a p.m.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:35 am

this was posted on DIS, so it's 'out' there producing same ballpark price as secret code

vroom vroom vroom limited (appears to be from AU travel provider as best as determined by search)

code #299851, for weekly reservation combine with double upgrade coupon AU4234FDA have no idea where it orginated

it does include CDW

Last edited by keishashadow; Jun 22, 2012 at 6:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.