Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
TI1 working again.
Just wanted to say after trolling that I have used so many great codes from this Forum and saved so much $$$$
TI1 has been my best bang for the buck, used it 2 times in the last few months, one in MCO and another recently in Portland ME.
In MCO gave paper work to an attendant behind the desk, gave him a $20 with my licence and credit card he noticed that I was a tall guy, upgraded me to a premium, sent someone for the car brought it up to the window.
In Portland upgrade to a full size... Tipping is a added plus for using codes. (learned that from another poster on here)

Just wanted to say Thanks!!!

Rick
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Most (if not all) credit card CDW products have T&C which contain verbiage like "You must decline the CDW offered by the rental agency." If you end up taking the rental agency's coverage, whether as a paid optional extra product or included with your rate, and that coverage ends up not covering you, the credit card will likely not cover you, either.
has anybody (not secondary info) been able to actually decline the included LDW insurance? my stomach isn't strong enough to worry re my CC not cover any damage.

notice that Ti1 is appearing as "pep master" when i price out a reservation. When i google all i find is application to program at university of hamburg
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by keishashadow
has anybody (not secondary info) been able to actually decline the included LDW insurance? my stomach isn't strong enough to worry re my CC not cover any damage.

notice that Ti1 is appearing as "pep master" when i price out a reservation. When i google all i find is application to program at university of hamburg
i booked alamo reservation online with that code and gave many freebies like free gas and LDW. i didn't have to enter CC info, i hope i am not asked to show corporate or pep master id when i come to pick the car. it warned me on the top that i could be asked to show
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by jonny1
i booked alamo reservation online with that code and gave many freebies like free gas and LDW. i didn't have to enter CC info, i hope i am not asked to show corporate or pep master id when i come to pick the car. it warned me on the top that i could be asked to show
i left off coupon codes, which allow me at my 'participating locations - you can find the list on alamo's website' to use my insider info to go directly to 'row' to pick up vehicle, skipping the counter/garage. Coupons only knock a few bucks off these reservations, not the amount as stated as on other reservations. Additionally, you should find the warning (that appears in red on top of page when using a coupon) disappear.

fyi, i booked two 2-day reservations today that still provided the free fuel.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by keishashadow
i left off coupon codes, which allow me at my 'participating locations - you can find the list on alamo's website' to use my insider info to go directly to 'row' to pick up vehicle, skipping the counter/garage. Coupons only knock a few bucks off these reservations, not the amount as stated as on other reservations. Additionally, you should find the warning (that appears in red on top of page when using a coupon) disappear.

fyi, i booked two 2-day reservations today that still provided the free fuel.
SO SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT THIS? THE RENTAL AGENT WILL ASK ME THE CORPORATE ID OR PEP MASTER ID OR WHATEVER THAT IS?
since i didn't have to enter my CC info to book online, i can cancel it anytime without any penalties i guess?

Should I book another rental( as a backup) from a different company? budget has good deal with the codes, enterprise doesn't have any working code is but their price is reasonable. ALAMO's price is best with this discount, budget and enterprise has same price even with budget's wendy discount code.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
SO SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT THIS? THE RENTAL AGENT WILL ASK ME THE CORPORATE ID OR PEP MASTER ID OR WHATEVER THAT IS?
since i didn't have to enter my CC info to book online, i can cancel it anytime without any penalties i guess?

Should I book another rental( as a backup) from a different company? budget has good deal with the codes, enterprise doesn't have any working code is but their price is reasonable. ALAMO's price is best with this discount, budget and enterprise has same price even with budget's wendy discount code.
Since this thread has no introductory tips, I'll take the liberty to quote Peteropny from the National Discount Contract IDs & Coupons thread. As you may or may not know, Alamo, Enterprise and National are subsidiaries of Enterprise Holdings so most of his advise should be applicable for Alamo bookings as well. Areas of particular interest to this thread (and your particular concerns) have been bolded.

Note by peteropny:

Please note that this list of codes is simply a compilation and does not indicate that people are eligible for using these codes and that Flyertalk does not endorse their use.

This is the most current list of codes that exists - thanks to squawk7500 for compiling it originally in 12/06 and updating it and drzoidberg in maintaining it.

We will add codes/comments to this list as they are posted - also will "restart" this thread at appropriate times to maintain its usefulness (a 50 page thread is not very useful). Please post codes that you find (along with the organization associated with the code) as well as codes that have "died".

We would appreciate your help in keeping this thread "clean" by not posting "too many comments" on codes in this thread. I would suggest that discussion of individual codes (eg the recently departed "57") be in their own threads (which I will post a link to in this post as appropriate).

As had been discussed recently in the thread that is a predecessor, there are some codes that give a very good rate (almost unbelievable in some instances). Usage by individuals not "entitled" to use those codes are as YMMV since National (particularly for Emerald Club members) do not often ask for ID (but obviously may). However, calling or contacting National to ask whether it is valid is a way to "kill" the code. Once booked, the reservation should be valid even if the code is pulled (of course YMMV). Finally, many codes includes LDW in the rate, if an accident occurs and the user is not appropriately authorized to use that "code", the LDW will probably not be valid.

Coupon comments: National allows the mix & match of codes and coupons (ie you could use a code for DL Airlines Skymiles and combine with Entertainment Book coupon). If you do a lot of rentals, investing $30 or so in the Entertainment Book annually can save you quite a bit of money since once you are registered on the Entertainment Book site with your card, you have access to basically an unlimited supply of coupons associated with Entertainment Book. Also, note that while National doesn't often ask for a physical paper coupon (especially for Emerald Club members) since many are "electronic", it is always a good idea to have one on hand (or just hand it to the booth).
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by jpc763
Tried the TI1 code with Alamo and was able to get a better rate for a March trip to Las Vegas.
Just got back from Vegas. Code worked great. I checked in online, providing a credit card number and went to the garage and picked out the car. No problem checking out or back in. Gas included and no questions.

Finally, I used it to get a rate for Thanksgiving in Orlando.
I went to modify this reservation to get the flights to match better and got a "all vehicles sold out at this location" message. Is the code turned off?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:42 am
Suspended

Just got back from Vegas. Code worked great. I checked in online, providing a credit card number and went to the garage and picked out the car. No problem checking out or back in. Gas included and no questions.

I went to modify this reservation to get the flights to match better and got a "all vehicles sold out at this location" message. Is the code turned off?
did you pre book online? did you enter credit card info?

i booked one at airport location in buffalo ny with that code and worked with just my name and email. i didn't know you can book/reserve a rental without entering credit card info online
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:46 pm

Angry TI1 Dead

did you pre book online? did you enter credit card info?

i booked one at airport location in buffalo ny with that code and worked with just my name and email. i didn't know you can book/reserve a rental without entering credit card info online

Code is dead again..... What a surprise.....

Last edited by powermax; Mar 13, 2012 at 1:11 pm
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Fairmont President's Club ,Marriott Rewards,
Courtesy hold

. i didn't know you can book/reserve a rental without entering credit card info online
Placing a courtesy hold on-line is probably one of the most popular way folks reserve vehicles these days. A name, email & phone number is all that is required. One must remember to cancel any reservation you are not going to use...so the rental company can free up the car for others to book.
At present, there is no charge for these reservations ,if the customer is a "no show" ?...no credit card on file...nothing to charge.

Last edited by Executrip; Mar 13, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by powermax
Code is dead again..... What a surprise.....
oh so my upcoming reservation is DEAD now?
i booked reservation online 4 days ago for march 22nd.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
These days it's the very rare reservation that requires a credit card to book. I have never given my credit card for a reservation.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
oh so my upcoming reservation is DEAD now?
i booked reservation online 4 days ago for march 22nd.
no, you should be good. The last time the code went dead I had 4 future reservations already booked. All my rentals went through without a hiccup.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:28 pm

you should be fine. The one time I had to talk with a desk agent was when I couldn't get to a computer to use online check-in. The agent was curious about what company PEP master was... I just said not sure cause my secretary sets up all my reservations. Agent just shrugged nonchalantly and I was on my way.

that said, the way to go is online check-in. I also found out that you don't have to print the online agreement that comes up after you finish the online check-in process. Pick your car and head towards the exit gate agent where on their screen it shows "online check-in"... they will verify ID and Credit Card. This is great for those that can just online check-in using a smartphone - no need for printer access.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:29 pm

I'm hoping that the code going dead is just a result of spring break. The last time it went down was during Christmas/New Years. :fingerscrossed:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.