Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Can I use a coupon code and the ID code 299851 at the same time? I can use $20 of my discover cash back to get $40 certificate towards alamo.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by pwd847
Can I use a coupon code and the ID code at the same time? I can use $20 of my discover cash back to get $40 certificate towards alamo.
With Alamo's system, you never know until you try and do a booking. Each code/coupon has their own set of restrictions on dates/city/car class and IMO the odds of the discounts being stackable is very low.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I found this today. I don't know if it works but I will know soon.

Here’s how to combine the Alamo discounts:
Go to the Alamo website. In the blue booking window on the left side, type in your pickup location, date and time information.
Click on Add Discount Code and enter an ID number in the correct space. (An ID# may already be in that space. You may want to try other ID#s because some give better discounts than others.) Type a coupon code (if available) in the Coupon Code space.
If you are a Alamo Insiders member, click on Are you an Alamo Insider? and enter your username and password in the provided spaces.
You should receive up to two discounts — the ID# and Coupon discounts — plus any benefits that come from the Alamo Insiders membership.

Most coupons will list a specific ID# to be used along with the coupon code, but dozens of readers report using their coupons with ID#s other than the ones specified. We have successfully combined discounts from different sources (such as a coupon code from an airline frequent flyer program and an ID# from AAA) dozens of times without any problems.

Be aware that codes are subject to capacity controls. If too many other people have already reserved cars during the time you’re traveling, you may not be able to use your codes.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: HH Silver
It works. Myself, and most others on these forums have been doing it for years...

Of course, as always, YMMV depending on codes used.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by pwd847
Can I use a coupon code and the ID code 299851 at the same time? I can use $20 of my discover cash back to get $40 certificate towards alamo.
That id code was meant for international visitors and there have been recent reports of people being denied.

Any contract that includes insurance you should be wary of because there are no codes available to the general US public that comes with insurance included. None.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
Best International Rates

LHR 28 bucks a day!!!

5005809 Na
T111949 Av
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: SW-A list preferred , Alaska -MVP Gold , Marriott - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond , Hyatt - Diamond
Does anyone know if the T code still works ?? tried it on an upcoming reservation and says " No car is available"

299851 - is kinda crapy as it is bumping up the price by almost 300$
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by user2013
Does anyone know if the T code still works ?? tried it on an upcoming reservation and says " No car is available"

299851 - is kinda crapy as it is bumping up the price by almost 300$
No it doesn't. To many people here and on other blogs blabbed about it and got it killed.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by limamike
LHR 28 bucks a day!!!

5005809 Na
T111949 Av
Not bad. Anybody know any other good codes for Europe? Those two don't reduce the price more than a couple dollars for my destinations (EDI & DUB). Most all of the codes I've found (for most any company) are only good within the US and sometimes Canada.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:02 pm

Does anyone know anything about the codes for a free day with Alamo? I've found them while searching for codes and when you use the code, part of the web address reads "Affinity." Is this some sort of deal for Affinity Health Insurance?
Old May 8, 2015, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Originally Posted by FluxCapacitor
Does anyone know anything about the codes for a free day with Alamo? I've found them while searching for codes and when you use the code, part of the web address reads "Affinity." Is this some sort of deal for Affinity Health Insurance?
If you are a costco member, you can use their codes and contract ids. You will need to be a costco member as they ask for it, but there is a free weekend day you can take advantage of.
Old May 9, 2015, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by kaaria
If you are a costco member, you can use their codes and contract ids. You will need to be a costco member as they ask for it, but there is a free weekend day you can take advantage of.
In dozens of rentals, I have never once been asked for my Costco ID.
Old May 9, 2015, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Costco

Originally Posted by tatterdema
In dozens of rentals, I have never once been asked for my Costco ID.
I went directly to the Alamo site (did not use Costco site except to get the code). At the Alamo site when entering the Costco ID and coupon, it asks for membership number, and did not let me proceed until I had entered it.
Old May 10, 2015, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by kaaria
I went directly to the Alamo site (did not use Costco site except to get the code). At the Alamo site when entering the Costco ID and coupon, it asks for membership number, and did not let me proceed until I had entered it.
Weird. It has never asked me for one. I just tried it again, did not ask for any Costco info. This was @ Alamo.com. Maybe because I am using the upgrade coupon and not the free day one? In fact I do not even see the free day listed on Costcotravel anymore.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: LH HON
299851 still works me for if I select German citizenship instead of US. Holding both passports I'll give it a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.