Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2013, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by jgoggan
Oh -- and you should be able to check-in and everything online before you go -- including paying. If you do it that way, you don't even need to go to the kiosk, if I recall -- it actually prints a thing that tells you to go straight to your car type when you arrive. So you don't have to talk to anyone nor use the kiosk (until you hit the lot attendant). I think this varies a bit based on the location -- so see if your reservation will allow the online check-in and such.

- John...
Thanks so much for all of that info!

I did check-in already online, but I saw no option to prepay for the rental. Is it possible that this is not offered at all locations or with all promos?
Old Nov 30, 2013, 3:01 pm

Would it be safer to cancel the current reservation and book another one using the same code and with the same information? That way any notes that might be placed on this reservation concerning the promo would be eliminated, right?
Old Nov 30, 2013, 4:27 pm

And last question... does anyone know if the corporate rate is applicable to ALL German travel agencies and do they actually check to verify the IATA number?
Old Nov 30, 2013, 5:35 pm

I also just learned that apparently there is no kiosk in YYC. Can anyone confirm if that's true? If so, it appears I'm screwed. I really cannot afford to pay more than $400 tax-in for this rental and absolutely need a full-sizes suv. What to do now... any other options?

What does Alamo generally require in terms of ID?

The corporate rate as mentioned appears to be through a German travel agency. Would a cardboard business card with logo and basic contact information suffice, or would they need a photo ID or IATA card? How strict are they with corporate rate bookings??

Last edited by OliverB; Nov 30, 2013 at 6:54 pm
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by OliverB
I hope I didn't just screw myself over but I called Alamo to inquire about snow tire availability and gave the person over the phone my confirmation number. I used the TINDR1 promo code and was asked where I was flying in from. When I replied San Francisco, he sarcastically responded... "so you're a German travel agent?" to which I replied, "my wife is". He then told me to make sure that we bring ID.
its situations like this where codes are either shut down or scrutinized beyond need...people knowingly using them without qualifying and then doing something so foolish as calling the rental company, thus forcing them to look at your rental ahead of time.

I don't think it's rocket science to suggest that if you're renting a car from a location which is more than likely subject to winter weather that the rental companies will not only have snow tires, but also ice scrapers/brushes and washer fluid which will melt the ice!

I don't want to be a complete prick but its hard to feel sympathy for someone who does something so foolish and dare I say I hope they ask for ID and force you to pay the full rate for said foolishness!!

Let that be a lesson!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:59 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by vh1971
The code is "TRADE". I see it shows up now but it says "UK TRAVEL TRADE STAFF".
I am a travel agent, but NOT from the UK
Wow I just spotted this. I am a UK travel agent, what creds will they require? This code saves me >$200 on a 2 day rental in Florida
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: QF Gold
Can't get any code to work in Guam.

A % off or a free CDW would be great. ISIC, Costco, etc not working.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA BAEC FL WN US SPG Marriott Hyatt UR
One way FLL-RSW codes

Anyone know of any FLL-RSW one-way codes/coupons?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 9:48 am

Question Traveling to the Caribeean in June

I know this may be early, but looking around for a good code for Alamo for a 3-week rental in June for the Dominican Republic.

Any info is appreciated...
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:29 pm

Question

Originally Posted by bon95
code no longer works.
Please tell me what the T Code is or where I can find it.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by sugarking
Please tell me what the T Code is or where I can find it.
Yeah right... Do some research.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 1:11 am

Programs: SW-A list preferred , Alaska -MVP Gold , Marriott - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond , Hyatt - Diamond
Are there any promo codes for enterprise that I can use ? Any pointers is much appreciated.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Anyone have any codes for UK residents hiring from Alamo in Miami.

Need to do a 17 day hire and would like to get the price below $2000 if possible! (this is for a convertible)

Thanks....
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:52 pm

MCO code

Hello folks, can anybody please help me with a discount code for 2 weeks rental @ Orlando Florida Airport (MCO). I got a trip booked from 8/21 to 9/4.
I am looking for the cheapest rate possible.
Thank you in advance!
D
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:34 pm

Anyone?

REQUEST Car rental at Orlando International MCO:
Pick up date 8/21/14 - 10:00am
Retuning date 9/4/14 - 6:00am

Flexible on car category, in fact looking for the cheapest option.

What I got so far:
Thrifty, economy car for $460.76 rate code RCUW9
Dollar (via Expedia) economy car for $ 482.32
Dollar (looks best deal so far) premium car for $481.92 ( promo code AU4FL)
Alamo (via Costco) economy car for $ 465 with 2nd driver included

Thanks!

Last edited by Hawk600; Jul 27, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.