Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBJoel
This information is expert advice on where to look and how to save on Alamo rental rates.
  • Some coupon codes are stackable with a Contract ID.
  • AutoSlash is one website for getting quotes on rentals and tracking price drops.
  • Government Employees can use the code "GOVBIZ" for a discount
  • Memberships in certain organizations can receive reduced rates:
    • CostCo
    • BJ's
    • AARP
    • LATAM
Print Wikipost

Alamo Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by swdke
I have an upcoming reservation and hope to use the T-code. I see that maybe doing the online check-in may be an option, or if that should fail, use the kiosk. My reservation is at PHX, and will have to go to the car rental center to pick up the car. If I do the online check-in, and it's successful where I am able to check in and I presume pay with my credit card, where do I go at the car rental center? I've never used a kiosk, or online check-in. Do I simply print off any paperwork, and head to the car and drive off?
Yes.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
$3 off per day (up to 10 days) at Priceline. Any city, any size, any dates.

Valid for booking till 2/20 11.59 ET, but I clipped the URL and the link may continue to work ever after. YMMV.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:03 am

I have a t-code booking for RSW in March which I would like to modify. If I try a new booking it shows sold out. It will not allow me to modify online. Can it be modified by phone??
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:05 pm

We're could i find a T code?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I wish somebody would explain what the heck a "T code" is!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 1:40 pm

The T code worries me a bit (all since our friends with mouse ears all keep calling to make sure the code "really, really, really works" and asking the CSR's "isn't it too good to be true"), I have a feeling it days may be short.

Anyway, for a 4-day minivan out of Denver, it's giving me $278. I won't bore with details, but that saves me about $15 on rates I can get through Alamo Insider standard discounts, plus a coupon. Not worth the risk to go with T.

Using the MITA**** code (details easily found here or on Google), pay an extra $35 over the T rate.

Anyway, I do have the feeling the MITA**** rate could be more useful in some other scenarios so just wanted to put it out there.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 5:34 pm

wish I could find the MITA**** code but I cannot.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by daveyurek
wish I could find the MITA**** code but I cannot.
Well, to keep the mousekeeteers from killing it, I am not going to post the whole thing, but MITA is the first four letters. And, it's not really the code anyway, but you can easily find it on here.

I really get a bit steamed by posts, like the last one or so before mine that are whining about "please give me the code." NOT SAYING you did that, it's just that some people won't take the 7 minutes necessary to look it up.

Anyway...

If you like Bavarian food, and BMW's it will give you a hint. But, it don't take Warner Van Braun....
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by Denverbounding
I really get a bit steamed by posts, like the last one or so before mine that are whining about "please give me the code." NOT SAYING you did that, it's just that some people won't take the 7 minutes necessary to look it up.
I'm thinking we should start a "Definitive T-Code" thread so that the clueless, lazy, dumb and crazy can all have a one-stop thread to find the precious T-Code without cluttering up this one. @:-)

Of course once that thread gets to be about two pages long, folks will be asking for the T-Code all over again.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:11 pm

I am gonna gloat here - I checked the site out for the first time in a while, found this thread, kept digging for the infamous T-code - found it and booked an standard SUV and managed to save myself some serious money. $1000 on the same car with no codes and a couple hundred on a smaller car. Go me! The information is out there people. All you have to do is look.
I'm not too worried about getting the rate. I found and used a similar code a couple years ago and they gave me more hassels over not having a CC or "proper debit card". I had a Paypal debit card and they said it was a prepaid card. -rolls eyes- After going round and round with the agent and the manager, someone finally said - cash deposit! Duh. I promptly went to the ATM, used my "improper" debit card and took out $300 in cash and bingo - we were on the streets of Vegas in a sweet convertible. The only thing said to us about the rate was from the original agent. He said, "Great rate! We can't even get a rate that good." I played it cool and said it sure is. We had a back up reservation, and I will do the same for this trip. I don't expect to have to use it though.
A great big thanks to whoever shared that code! Seriously, prolly the biggest win this low roller will find in Vegas!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:50 am

I used it in ogg recently with zero problems at all. They've fixed online check-in so I did that and then I ended up needing a payed upgrade because the vehicle wasn't big enough for us and we dealt with a supervisor who didn't blink upon seeing the rate or anything. As per the location of the magic code I won't be taking any pms.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:07 pm

Hmm, have 2 T code res's for Las Vegas April 21-28. One for a midsize suv, the other for a mini van since am not sure how many will be in our party. The mini van one is ok but when I check the res for the suv alamo site gives me no details, just a message that says this coupon is no longer available. Weird.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:04 pm

Question about Product Codes

First of all, thanks to all on here for the invaluable advise.

Question:
When using Alamo, is it better to modify a reservation and simply remove the "Contract Code" and simply leave the "Product Code" that is shown after reserving? In doing so, you now have what I assume is a general product code that yields the same rate, but doesn't link you to a specific company/affiliation.

What results in less scrutiny if issues arise?

Thx
Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:45 pm

Question Online Check-in Alamo

Hi all. I have been busy reading this forum for two days getting info on codes and coupons (thank you all for the help) and have finally found a combo that worked well for an RSW Alamo minivan rental in October. (What can I say? I'm a planner.)

I received a reservation confirmation and put it into Tripit. However, when I went onto the Alamo site to view it by res #, it said "We're sorry. This coupon isn't available at this time." and would not let me view the rez. Is this just a problem with their new website, or is it now a useless rez?

BTW, for anyone renting at RSW, t-codes were a bust unfortunately, but 66777D worked with AD2338FDF for me (well, kind of...I have a rez, but can't access it on their site). 8 days for $372.36, which is stellar for RSW, which tends to have pretty high rental car pricing.

Should I just chill out and hope their online system decides to let me view the reservation at a later date?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by SanibelJunkie
I received a reservation confirmation and put it into Tripit. However, when I went onto the Alamo site to view it by res #, it said "We're sorry. This coupon isn't available at this time." and would not let me view the rez. Is this just a problem with their new website, or is it now a useless rez?
Alamo updated their website a couple months back, and ever since then, it's had a miserable time displaying many reservations. For awhile, you couldn't even view a reservation at all if it had been booked on a third-party website (even without any discount codes). They fixed that, but it still has a tough time pulling up some (but not all) reservations with discount codes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.