Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2021, 2:39 am

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold
I was able to check with some contacts in Qatar; No requirements to self isolate once the test is done on arrival from a red country. I will report back on what actually happens in a couple of weeks
Old Aug 4, 2021, 4:52 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
First off, it's frustrating that we have zero reports of anyone who has been able to enter Qatar. Was it a difficult thing or just just sounds such?

I am currently in Corfu and for my return, I have been trying repeatily to create a 24hrs stopover in DOH. Currently the QR stopover program is suspended, dispite what the Qatar gov says. Every QR staff I have spoken with is understanding and says to keep trying. It's more than frustrating to have to be forced to spend 14+ hours stuck in the business lounge at DOH. Really wish this would change in the next few days.

​​​​​​
cheltzel likes this.

Last edited by SEA777GUY; Aug 4, 2021 at 6:55 am
Old Aug 4, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
First off, it's frustrating that we have zero reports of anyone who has been able to enter Qatar. Was it a difficult thing or just just sounds such.

I am currently in Corfu and for my return, I have been trying repeatily to create a 24hrs stopover in DOH. Currently the QR stopover program is suspended, dispite what the Qatar gov says. Every QR staff I have spoken with is understanding and says to keep trying. It's more than frustrating to have to be forced to spend 14+ hours stuck in the business lounge at DOH. Really wish this would change in the next few days.

​​​​​​
It doesn't help that Qatar updated its red list countries and I think Greece and the US have been moved to the red list just last week. Really hoping that travel can return back to normal before the end of the year because a lot of rules placed by countries confuse everyone since they change every two weeks or so.
SEA777GUY likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by physicsdude
It doesn't help that Qatar updated its red list countries and I think Greece and the US have been moved to the red list just last week. Really hoping that travel can return back to normal before the end of the year because a lot of rules placed by countries confuse everyone since they change every two weeks or so.
US moved to red list? Well I guess that scuttles any more hope of an extended stopover in November.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
First off, it's frustrating that we have zero reports of anyone who has been able to enter Qatar. Was it a difficult thing or just just sounds such?

​​​​​​
I flew CDG-DOH last week. French (free) PCR test, result next morning, then uploaded to Ehteraz website my documents including vax cert. Check-in was normal. Flight good - also 100% full in business - Arrival efficient. No problems at all.
SEA777GUY and purple1addict like this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Grantosol
I flew CDG-DOH last week. French (free) PCR test, result next morning, then uploaded to Ehteraz website my documents including vax cert. Check-in was normal. Flight good - also 100% full in business - Arrival efficient. No problems at all.
How long was your layover?
Old Aug 4, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
US moved to red list? Well I guess that scuttles any more hope of an extended stopover in November.
November? The US might have come off the red list three times, been on the pruple list and been camouflaged and tinted green and back to normal by then.

-A
Old Aug 4, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Currently the QR stopover program is suspended,​​​​​​
There is a (limited) stopover program available. I've enquired about retrospective inclusion but QR via twitter refuse to acknowledge its existence.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by LukeO9
There is a (limited) stopover program available. I've enquired about retrospective inclusion but QR via twitter refuse to acknowledge its existence.
What exactly does this mean? My flight currently has a 20 hour layover, and I've debated moving it up by another day to give me a 44 hour layover, but only if I can enter the country. Will QR not let me change my ticket to do this? Or by "stopover program" do you mean actually entering the country visa-free during a layover?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:01 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offe...-stopover.html

Stopover program is suspended at this time. As I said everyone I spoke with face to face reiterated this fact and told me to keep trying as it could change at anytime.
If you can provide information on how it is allowed, please let it be known.
​​​​​
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:02 am

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Red list doesnt mean you cannot enter qatar. You just need to do an additional covid test on arrival which, from what I have heard, is pretty straighforward and organized at DOH. Aparantly the challenge is getting a SIM card ..... a friends Mother in law took 2 hours to get hers a couple of weeks ago in arrivals.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Silly19
Take 2 with my CA Personal Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record and this time the rejection/return to action response was “THE BAR CODE ON YOUR VACCINATION CERTIFICATE SHOWS NO DATA FOUND. PLEASE UPLOAD A VALID VACCINATION CODE. THANK YOU”. Clearly they do not like my CA QR code. I’ll try adding the CVS document for 3rd times a charm.

On a side note, with the bars in Athens allowing inside seating with proof of vaccination, when my CA QR code was scanned nothing popped up either.

The mission continues.
I have the same issue. I have a upcoming long 14hr layover in Doha connecting to ATH. I only have the CDC vaccination card & CA digital vaccination card. Apparently the California digital vaccination card can only be scanned by specific app.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/a...d-16343641.php

CA digital vaccination certificate is designed to provide privacy, but now that privacy protection seems to affect the travel permit application.

Oryx hotel is fully booked until next month, so that's not even an option, and I really want to be able to get out of the airport and get a hotel for the night.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:40 am

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Stopover program is suspended at this time.
Stopovers currently available online.
Not in usual format, but available.

Different formats appear depending on destination, and probably departure.
physicsdude likes this.

Last edited by LukeO9; Aug 5, 2021 at 8:55 am
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:57 pm

Bump,,, Same here!

I have a 21 hr layover (what was i thinking) in Doha before connecting to ATH. Would love any world on getting into Doha with CDC Vaccination card, Have a QR code with NY state App but it wont show anything unless you use the corresponding app to check its validity.

If not I guess I’m going to have to pull a Tom Hanks and corner off a room in the al mourjan lounge. Any word if the First Class lounge will reopen anytime soon?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mikechan
Any word if the First Class lounge will reopen anytime soon?
No idea pretty much was the response from staff in the AM lounge in the last few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.