Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by northinsouth
Thanks for this. I did look upthread and it seemed that way as well, but there was a lot of confusion in spots in thread--because of the wording of the policy from the Qatari govt.

So, one last point of clarification and I'll bow out: if I decide to stay airside in Doha and not enter the country, but fly home to the US instead: a CDC card and a PCR test will suffice? That's what I saw earlier upthread but not sure if that has changed.
Don't think CDC card is needed. Only some sort of test (PCR/antigen) and the stupid attestation form from the CDC that they have you fill out at check in.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:38 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Maybe someone can help me on this, it's a unique situation. I have a flight booked SEA-DOH-MUC-DOH. I arrive into MUC at 7am, and then leave to go back to DOH at 4:50pm. Will they require my documentation of EHTERAZ in SEA upon check-in, or can I wait until when I am in Germany to present my EHTERAZ information? Is being in Germany considered a stop over, or my final destination? All segments are in one reservation.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Maybe someone can help me on this, it's a unique situation. I have a flight booked SEA-DOH-MUC-DOH. I arrive into MUC at 7am, and then leave to go back to DOH at 4:50pm. Will they require my documentation of EHTERAZ in SEA upon check-in, or can I wait until when I am in Germany to present my EHTERAZ information? Is being in Germany considered a stop over, or my final destination? All segments are in one reservation.
Only you know how the entire ticket is structured. I'm guessing it's a round-trip to Munich from Seattle with a stop in Doha on the return; or an open jaw Seattle Munich then Munich to Doha, then maybe Doha-XXX.

Assuming you have no break of journey in Doha on your outward journey, then In both cases the end destination of that outward journey is Germany. In Seattle they will not check you in for MUC DOH. The complication could be if German regulations demand you have an onward reservation out of the country, in which case QR agents might feel they need to check that you have he necessary documentation to enable you to take that flight out.

In normal times your itinerary would seem odd, but quite straightforward to handle. I'm sure you have stories prepared of Munich meetings, picking up document at MUC or planned romps in the Englischer Garten. But in Covid-times it seems kind of reckless to expose yourself to unnecessary risk of regulatory confusion and, indeed, of regulations changing.
NWplatinum and KingCanute like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Only you know how the entire ticket is structured. I'm guessing it's a round-trip to Munich from Seattle with a stop in Doha on the return; or an open jaw Seattle Munich then Munich to Doha, then maybe Doha-XXX.

Assuming you have no break of journey in Doha on your outward journey, then In both cases the end destination of that outward journey is Germany. In Seattle they will not check you in for MUC DOH. The complication could be if German regulations demand you have an onward reservation out of the country, in which case QR agents might feel they need to check that you have he necessary documentation to enable you to take that flight out.

In normal times your itinerary would seem odd, but quite straightforward to handle. I'm sure you have stories prepared of Munich meetings, picking up document at MUC or planned romps in the Englischer Garten. But in Covid-times it seems kind of reckless to expose yourself to unnecessary risk of regulatory confusion and, indeed, of regulations changing.
Thank you for this answer. Yes not knowing during this time, I guess I will just do ehterhaz just in case i get a check-in agent who insists I show them stuff for DOH. I would think the SEA check-in staff wouldn't care since it should be Germany's problem. But why risk it?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:50 pm

everyone’s going back to school I guess, so getting a PCR test might not come back in time. So I don’t know if my PCR results will come back in time.

Will the pathogen test work? I might not need a test. Do they do tests on arrival into Doha?

Also just to confirm, if I’m coming from the US, and just transiting DOH, I don’t need a test, right?

Last edited by NWplatinum; Sep 15, 2021 at 3:40 pm
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would think the SEA check-in staff wouldn't care since it should be Germany's problem.
Germany's problem could quickly become your problem
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:13 pm

Lol… No Germany only requires the vaccine card. It’s Doha that requires a PCR test and vaccine. But I’m not gonna get to DOH until the 19th, so even if I got the test now, it wouldn’t be valid because it wouldn’t be 72 hours. So I can’t imagine SEA check-in asks for it.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:08 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Have a long layover in November and with the city tours still suspended we’re looking at exploring on our own.

if I understand right we need the following:
1. Negative test (72 hours)
2. Qatari SIM (but I think we can use the same for both of us.

Questions I have is can we use vaccination card and get tested at DOH (our final is MLE and it’s 96 hours since 72 is our wedding day we’d rather not). Can we both use the same Qatari SIM?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:50 pm

A friend of mine trying to come to Doha from Dubai for work has missed two flights now (yesterday & today) because his Ethraz application is still pending. (The website you need to upload all info, PCR, Vaccination etc) The 72 hours for the PCR will have long expired by the time it is approved!
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ben_W
A friend of mine trying to come to Doha from Dubai for work has missed two flights now (yesterday & today) because his Ethraz application is still pending. (The website you need to upload all info, PCR, Vaccination etc) The 72 hours for the PCR will have long expired by the time it is approved!
Has he tried to reach out to someone at Ethraz? Also try to reach out to the twitter team @gcoQatar. I googled it and I think this is the information to contact the government who administers the app: The Contact Center can be reached via telephone at 109 (inside Qatar), 44069999 or by fax at 44069998 or live chat. The e-mail address is [email protected]. I would also think the airline should have a department they can contact when someone is having issues with EHTERAZ.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 12:05 am

Has he tried to reach out to someone at Ethraz? Also try to reach out to the twitter team @gcoQatar. I googled it and I think this is the information to contact the government who administers the app: The Contact Center can be reached via telephone at 109 (inside Qatar), 44069999 or by fax at 44069998 or live chat. The e-mail address is [email protected]. I would also think the airline should have a department they can contact when someone is having issues with EHTERAZ.
Yes I found that same number and sent it to him. He called more than once and they just said they will escalate it but nothing happened, and then he missed his rearranged flight. Now its too late because its past 72 hours since the PCR test.
They are pretty useless on that hotline anyway. I've called the local number before and so have other friends and they don't really know what they are doing!
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:43 pm

Im at the SEA check-in and they don’t even know the entry requirements for Germany 🙄
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Im at the SEA check-in and they don’t even know the entry requirements for Germany 🙄
relax, and enjoy the flight !
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:49 pm

relax, and enjoy the flight !
Let me tell you check-in took 40 minutes. They had to call Doha. All I can say to people is make sure you have everything printed, and sorted document wise and triple check a few days before. Having a PCR test on hand is also helpful.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: Alaska
Let me tell you check-in took 40 minutes. They had to call Doha. All I can say to people is make sure you have everything printed, and sorted document wise and triple check a few days before. Having a PCR test on hand is also helpful.
so did you get your MUC-DOH boarding pass at SEA or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.