Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:10 pm

Submitted my documents via EHTERAZ Uploaded the CDC vaccination card in addition to the vaccination record that was located on my “My Chart” medical records. If you go to print page it should show a logo/seal of where the vaccination took place .

Note that since USA is now a red country you’re also required to submit a PCR test.

Hope this gets approved soon so I wont have to live in the terminal for 20+ hours. (Leaving in a few hours, arriving into doh tomorrow)
SEA777GUY and physicsdude like this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mikechan
Submitted my documents via EHTERAZ Uploaded the CDC vaccination card in addition to the vaccination record that was located on my “My Chart” medical records. If you go to print page it should show a logo/seal of where the vaccination took place .

Note that since USA is now a red country you’re also required to submit a PCR test.

Hope this gets approved soon so I wont have to live in the terminal for 20+ hours. (Leaving in a few hours, arriving into doh tomorrow)
Did you get the vaccination record directly from your medical provider? Hope your CDC vaccination record card gets accepted, best of luck, keep us posted.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by windonwaters

Did you get the vaccination record directly from your medical provider? Hope your CDC vaccination record card gets accepted, best of luck, keep us posted.
+1 on posting back. I may be in your shoes in the next few months and would like to know what happens with the US CDC vaccine card.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Just wanted to update on trying to get my ticket changed for a 24hr stopover.
As advised by the agent in the lounge per the sales office on my 13hr layover, I went to the ATH city ticket office yesterday and found it closed and gone. Only other option is to go to the circus show of what is known as the Athens airport for 55+ euro. Ah, no.

Called the QR customer service number and was on hold for 2 hours before I tried again late at night. Got connected in half an hour. Everything all set, in the final processing, then the agent advised that a stopover is only permitted on my inbound flight. Refused to connect with a supervisor and offered only to cancel altogether.
I am going to keep trying but almost to the point it's not worth it.
​​​​​​Absolutely maddening with no transit accommodations this can't be done if space is available and you have complied with all the Covid requirements from the Qatari government.
​​​​​​

​​​​​
Old Aug 7, 2021, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Just wanted to update on trying to get my ticket changed for a 24hr stopover.
As advised by the agent in the lounge per the sales office on my 13hr layover, I went to the ATH city ticket office yesterday and found it closed and gone. Only other option is to go to the circus show of what is known as the Athens airport for 55+ euro. Ah, no.

​​​​​
I know it's but a sideline to your problems, but why would you spend EUR55+ to get to the airport unencumbered by bags? The metro offers a fast and frequent service for a third of that price: the airport bus is even cheaper.
mpeterson78 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:14 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I know it's but a sideline to your problems, but why would you spend EUR55+ to get to the airport unencumbered by bags? The metro offers a fast and frequent service for a third of that price: the airport bus is even cheaper.
I was over an hour late arriving into ATH. Metro had shut down for the night and due to the late hour opted to take a taxi to the Marriott. Due to the fire btwn the airport and city, roads were closed so it took much longer.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 8:24 am

Arrived at DOH, paperwork was inline to enter but a 300qar pcr test would be required, and results wouldn’t come back until next day 10am. I’m not sure if that meant I wouldn’t be able to leave the hotel until I get my results but was advised to just stay at the airport.

asked transfer desk about moving to the earlier flight but it’s sold out, only econ.

guess I’ll try again on the return flight.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Arrived at DOH, paperwork was inline to enter but a 300qar pcr test would be required, and results wouldn’t come back until next day 10am. I’m not sure if that meant I wouldn’t be able to leave the hotel until I get my results but was advised to just stay at the airport.

asked transfer desk about moving to the earlier flight but it’s sold out, only econ.

Blimey, I'm all for precautions for safety but 300QAR per test? How is that supposed to attract tourist money into Qatar on layovers?
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:33 am

Also have a trip coming up in a few days. Did the immigration officers advise you about this?

Thanks for checking back in–haven't had many people report back, it's really helpful!
cheltzel likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by windonwaters

I think he was referring to the VAMS.cdc.gov website. If you got the vaccination thru local health department, then it is available there.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 1:27 pm

How long was your layover? Sounds like it’s impossible to get have an overnight layover in Doha if the PCR test result takes just as long to come back. We’re you able to get a corner room at the Al Mourjan lounge or was it fully packed?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 7:48 pm

Sorry if this have been asked/answered but can someone who has been to DOH lately confirm that EHTERAZ app is only required if want to leave the airport. I have a 2 hour layover and I believe do not need to use that app since not leaving the airport. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:18 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Konasurfer
Sorry if this have been asked/answered but can someone who has been to DOH lately confirm that EHTERAZ app is only required if want to leave the airport. I have a 2 hour layover and I believe do not need to use that app since not leaving the airport. Any help would be appreciated.
Correct.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:26 pm

Thanks for confirming.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold
Once the pre arrival form/docs have been submitted on ehretaz.gov.qa, does anyone know how long it takes for them to come back with the approval?

Im travelling from BCN to DOH on Wednesday and ill be sure to report back on the arrivals process etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.