Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by aviators99
I read the PDF as all flowing down from the categories at the very top. It all makes sense if you read it that way, other than it being inconsistent with other documents. But at least it is internally consistent if you read it that way.
This is what I mean:

Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by tfizzle
Thanks for the helpful interpretations. I travel in two weeks and only intended to spend one night in DOH despite two long layovers. So my plan is to get the straight information upon arrival on my outbound layover to get squared away for my return.

Did anyone figure out the PCR test requirement for transit passengers?
Would like an answer to this too.

i'm doing MIA - DOH (6 HOURS) - CDG. Fully vaccinated.
Since USA is a green country (and i'm not leaving the airport at Doha), would i need any testing?
IN other words does France only consider the country of origin (green) or does the transit country (yellow) matter?
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by aviators99
This is what I mean:

That is how I read it as well. Hopefully we will have some real world experience on this very soon.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

I don't know when you're traveling but if it's in the near future, avoid >24 hour connections in DOH.
Worry not, QR is still actively suppressing nearly all 24+ hour connections and stopovers from sale.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, United Premier Silver; Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
First hand experience from SFO-DOH-ATH from Mon 12 JUL, Qatar Airways check-in said I would not be able to enter without being specific as to how I could overcome the “no” but applied through the travel entry portal 12+ hours prior to departure, submitting Passport, PCR Neg Result and CDC card. Received a rejection of “kindly attach valid, clear copy of vaccination certificate” while flying.

Not to worry as I had the Oryx Hotel booking as a backup but with the 14 hrs to play with I asked around and managed to speak to an immigration officer who told me my CDC card was not good enough. He presented his vaccine certificate as a comparison.

The type of certificate they were looking for was an A4, headed paper with official logo/seal of the vaccination authority. Obviously the CDC card has all of this apart from the physical size element.

While this is anecdotal rather than official, I had the impression unless the vaccine record looked similar to the Qatari version entry would be rejected.

I’ll attempt again with the CA Personal Digital Record attached this time for the return leg.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Silly19
First hand experience from SFO-DOH-ATH from Mon 12 JUL, Qatar Airways check-in said I would not be able to enter without being specific as to how I could overcome the “no” but applied through the travel entry portal 12+ hours prior to departure, submitting Passport, PCR Neg Result and CDC card. Received a rejection of “kindly attach valid, clear copy of vaccination certificate” while flying.

Not to worry as I had the Oryx Hotel booking as a backup but with the 14 hrs to play with I asked around and managed to speak to an immigration officer who told me my CDC card was not good enough. He presented his vaccine certificate as a comparison.

The type of certificate they were looking for was an A4, headed paper with official logo/seal of the vaccination authority. Obviously the CDC card has all of this apart from the physical size element.

While this is anecdotal rather than official, I had the impression unless the vaccine record looked similar to the Qatari version entry would be rejected.

I’ll attempt again with the CA Personal Digital Record attached this time for the return leg.
Thanks for this. I fly tomorrow; also have a 14 hour layover. Glad I've got the Onyx hotel reservation (even if it is $300/night).
Old Jul 16, 2021, 12:36 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)

I wonder whether getting the consular section of the Qatar Embassy in Washington, DC to attest a copy of the CDC card (you might need to get a notorized copy made onto a piece of A4 paper by a US notary first) might work.

You will somehow have to get to Washington, DC and pay a $27 fee to get this done. https://washington.embassy.qa/en/ser...sular-services

Attestation

Medical documents

Beneficiaries of this service:

Citizens, expatriates and visitors.

Service Description:

It is a service that aims to impart legal status to medical documents for use inside and outside the State of Qatar such as the following letters:
  • Medical documents issued by hospitals or health centers under the supervision of the supreme council of health.
  • Medical documents issued outside Qatar and attested by the supreme council of health, Ministry of Foreign, and Qatar’s mission in the country of issuance, or the country’s mission in Qatar.

Terms and requirements:

The Department of Consular Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or one of its branches (five branches at present and will be eight branches at the beginning of the next year) ratify the stamp or Signature of the chamber of commerce or any other ministry or authority approved by the Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

General instructions:

• The document applied for attestation must include a group of stamps and signatures ending with a stamp and signature approved by Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
  • The authorities of the Government of the State of Qatar are responsible for ratification of documents issued by themselves, as well as copies of those documents.
  • Qatar chamber of commerce approves stamps and signatures of some translation offices.
  • If the information on an attested document or any of its signatures or stamps, turns out to be incorrect, the attestation will be considered void and null, in which case the department of consular affairs will reserve the right to file claims to the concerned authorities in Qatar.
  • The Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and its affiliates are not responsible for the contents of the document. However, they 'll refuse to ratify any document that its content proves to be contrary to the regulations of the State of Qatar.

Medical Documents attestation fees

Qatari Riyal
U.S. DollarsMedical certificates

100 QR
$27Medical reports

100 QR
$27
Anyone with time on their hands and is close to Washington, DC willing to give this a try?
Old Jul 16, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: AA PPro

Trying to decipher this. Do you mean that the small CDC vaccination card is NOT good enough for entry into Doha with their new policy? Of they wouldn't let you get on the plane to transit?
Old Jul 16, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, United Premier Silver; Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Trying to decipher this. Do you mean that the small CDC vaccination card is NOT good enough for entry into Doha with their new policy? Of they wouldn't let you get on the plane to transit?
I got on the plane and transited through to ATH.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 4:34 pm

Just to close the loop for everyone, I gave up and booked around Qatar.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:15 am

Take 2 with my CA Personal Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record and this time the rejection/return to action response was “THE BAR CODE ON YOUR VACCINATION CERTIFICATE SHOWS NO DATA FOUND. PLEASE UPLOAD A VALID VACCINATION CODE. THANK YOU”. Clearly they do not like my CA QR code. I’ll try adding the CVS document for 3rd times a charm.

On a side note, with the bars in Athens allowing inside seating with proof of vaccination, when my CA QR code was scanned nothing popped up either.

The mission continues.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:16 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Just my one data point:

Fully vaccinated in Saudi Arabia (Astra Zeneca)
Traveling Dammam-Doha-Bucharest
Had my Saudi Ministry of Health Vaccine Certificate
Did NOT have any PCR test.

I was allowed all the way through. The checkin at DMM was initially reluctant to let me board. I guess they don't see too many that don't need a Covid test. But the rules for Romania said that Saudi is a green country (so is Qatar for that matter) and therefore a PCR test is not needed for vaccinated people. So I was fine the whole way. No issues with transiting in DOH or arrival at OTP.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: AA PPro
Take 2 with my CA Personal Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record and this time the rejection/return to action response was “THE BAR CODE ON YOUR VACCINATION CERTIFICATE SHOWS NO DATA FOUND. PLEASE UPLOAD A VALID VACCINATION CODE. THANK YOU”. Clearly they do not like my CA QR code. I’ll try adding the CVS document for 3rd times a charm.

On a side note, with the bars in Athens allowing inside seating with proof of vaccination, when my CA QR code was scanned nothing popped up either.

The mission continues.
I'm sorry but I'm finding this all confusing.
Are you saying that the CDC small card is NOT an acceptable document to prove vaccination. I"m flying SEA-DOH-ATH in 10 days and want to have all my ducks in order. We don't have a state vaccination portal to get records.

Also I was confused by "CA QR code" because QR is also the airline.

1. Will the CDC card suffice for transit through DOH and entry to ATH?
2. Do I also need a negative PCR test if already vaccinated?
3. I have filled out the PLF from the the Greece government and assume I will get a email 24 hours before.
4. Anything else that is required?

Obviously people are flying and getting through, but the information seems unclear.

Last edited by tfizzle; Jul 17, 2021 at 9:34 am Reason: more information
Old Jul 17, 2021, 10:58 am

Are you saying that the CDC small card is NOT an acceptable document to prove vaccination. I"m flying SEA-DOH-ATH in 10 days and want to have all my ducks in order. We don't have a state vaccination portal to get records.

3. I have filled out the PLF from the the Greece government and assume I will get a email 24 hours before.

Obviously people are flying and getting through, but the information seems unclear.
I'm flying literally the same route as you right now: SEA-DOH-ATH with a 13 hour layover in DOH. I am currently checked in to the Onyx Hotel for the night. I had zero problems at Seattle -- they asked for my "COVID test" and I showed them my vaccination card. No problem. Never asked for it again and no problems transiting in Qatar. Did NOT get a PCR test before the flight. Decided not to try to enter Qatar (just staying in the airport).

I have not yet received the email from Greece after completing the PLF, though it is still a few hours from 00:01 of the day of my arrival so I assume it will come shortly.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

This thread is for entering Qatar and landside transfers. If you are going to remain airside during your travel, you would be able to board your flights with a your CDC card and without any test.

So;
1- Yes, the CDC card would be enough
2- No, your vaccination certificate would be enough
3- Yes, that is required
4- No, nothing else would be required

However, as you might think, you would need to remain at the international transit zone of the airport during your entire layover in Doha unless you meet the entry criteria of the State of Qatar.
SEA777GUY, tfizzle and physicsdude like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.