FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12
View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:59 pm
Single_Flyer

Originally Posted by Silly19
First hand experience from SFO-DOH-ATH from Mon 12 JUL, Qatar Airways check-in said I would not be able to enter without being specific as to how I could overcome the “no” but applied through the travel entry portal 12+ hours prior to departure, submitting Passport, PCR Neg Result and CDC card. Received a rejection of “kindly attach valid, clear copy of vaccination certificate” while flying.

Not to worry as I had the Oryx Hotel booking as a backup but with the 14 hrs to play with I asked around and managed to speak to an immigration officer who told me my CDC card was not good enough. He presented his vaccine certificate as a comparison.

The type of certificate they were looking for was an A4, headed paper with official logo/seal of the vaccination authority. Obviously the CDC card has all of this apart from the physical size element.

While this is anecdotal rather than official, I had the impression unless the vaccine record looked similar to the Qatari version entry would be rejected.

I’ll attempt again with the CA Personal Digital Record attached this time for the return leg.
Thanks for this. I fly tomorrow; also have a 14 hour layover. Glad I've got the Onyx hotel reservation (even if it is $300/night).