Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by N1Rotate
The process description is confusing and I wish they did not name the pre-approval website and the app with the same name.

Completing the form on the Ehteraz pre-approval website as linked by IAN-UK is required for visitors (non-Qatari citizens and non-residents of Qatar). You don't need a Qatari sim to use it. You upload the documents to it ahead of your flight and get a pre-approval. This pre-approval is required to check-in on QR if you will enter Qatar as a visitor.

Once you reach Qatar, you will be required to activate the Ehteraz App (you can download it ahead of time, otherwise wifi is available at the airport) and you will be required to have a Qatari sim card to do so which you can purchase at the airport. There are people there that guide you through the process. The Ehteraz App is for contact tracing and acts as a 'health passport' to enter businesses and buildings.

I would expect the process to change between now and January 2022, so make sure to check again closer to your dates.

IAN-UK and N1Rptate,

Thank you so much for taking the time and explaining the process in such a way that it is easy to understand. Your help is much appreciated. I feel much better now. You are right that i still have plenty of time before our trip and things may change by then. If nothing changes, we still have the option to change our first flight from LHE t0 DOH to an earlier one so that we have only few hours connection at DOH.

We are flying Biz so will have lounge access but idea was to leave LHE during the day and spend the night in Doha and see the corniche area before our flight to IAD rather than leave LHE in the middle of the night.

Last edited by takhliq1; Jul 26, 2021 at 1:01 pm
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:28 am

Interactive COVID-19 Travel Measures Guide

This is a simpler way to check the travel eligibility to Qatar.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:40 am

What is Qatar’s obsession with having a QR code?

Simply having a link to your document using a QR code doesn’t prove anything anyway.

Would it be misleading to upload the document online, generate a QR code to that upload link, and put the QR code on the document that is submitted for entry? Just not sure what their need for a code is.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: AA PPro
Has anyone had success in using the CDC vaccination card as documentation to get in?
Mikechan likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Sthemanuals
What is Qatar’s obsession with having a QR code?
Free marketing for Qatar Airways?
Old Jul 26, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
What is the approximate cost of the SIM card at DOH airport with an adequate amount of data? I'm guessing each member of a party would need one? There's going to be a point when the cost to jump through all the hoops won't be worth a stopover.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
What is the approximate cost of the SIM card at DOH airport with an adequate amount of data? I'm guessing each member of a party would need one? There's going to be a point when the cost to jump through all the hoops won't be worth a stopover.
I was hoping that someone with technical knowledge superior to mine would explain in what way the Ooredoo SIM is better equipped to handle the Ehteraz app than non-Qatari SIM.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I was hoping that someone with technical knowledge superior to mine would explain in what way the Ooredoo SIM is better equipped to handle the Ehteraz app than non-Qatari SIM.
Just personal speculation, but as long as you have active cell service and the app works, I don't think it will make any difference.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 11:58 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
When using foreign SIMs, while not on wi-fi, internet traffic is routed back via the gateway of the mobile services provider in your home country (if you go to www.whatismyipaddress.com when not on wi-fi, you will see that you are accessing the internet via your home country). To avoid latency issues (and perhaps blocking from your home country), it is preferred that you use a Qatari SIM to access the servers for Etheraz. Furthermore, it might also be possible that for national security reasons, the Qataris might have blocked traffic from foreign IP address to their Etheraz and perhaps other sensitive government servers.
IAN-UK likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by daniellam
When using foreign SIMs, while not on wi-fi, internet traffic is routed back via the gateway of the mobile services provider in your home country (if you go to www.whatismyipaddress.com when not on wi-fi, you will see that you are accessing the internet via your home country). To avoid latency issues (and perhaps blocking from your home country), it is preferred that you use a Qatari SIM to access the servers for Etheraz. Furthermore, it might also be possible that for national security reasons, the Qataris might have blocked traffic from foreign IP address to their Etheraz and perhaps other sensitive government servers.
Unless things changed recently you need a Qatari IP address and a one time password text on a Qatari number to activate the app.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Is the Ooredoo Qatar Visitor Sim available as an eSIM ?
Morgo likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold
Hi,

Im due to travel from BCN to DOH in a couple of weeks for business. I am non resident in Qatar, British passport holder, resident in Spain, and fully vaccinated with AZ. Until last week, Spain was on Qatar's amber list, but has since been moved to the red list. My understanding is that as a fully vaccinated passenger coming from a red list country, the only additional requirement (aside from the pre registration on Ehretaz.gov.qa, negative covid test within 72 hours, and Ehretaz app) is that I will need to take an additional PCR test upon arrival in DOH.

Does anyone know what the procedure is here in terms of waiting for results on arrival? How long do results take and do you wait in the airport, or are you supposed to isolate wherever you are staying. I have meetings the day after i am supposed to arrive so dont really want to be rescheduling these on the day because im having to wait for test results.

Many thanks

J
Old Aug 3, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I'll reiterate my earlier question, does anyone know what the SIM cost will be at the airport in order to get and use the Ehretaz app? I know in some countries this is a very nominal cost and only a couple dollars, but in some countries (like Israel for instance), the cost for a SIM card + data service can be well over $50.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
I'll reiterate my earlier question, does anyone know what the SIM cost will be at the airport in order to get and use the Ehretaz app? I know in some countries this is a very nominal cost and only a couple dollars, but in some countries (like Israel for instance), the cost for a SIM card + data service can be well over $50.
Haven't bought a Qatari SIM card before, but from my experience, SIM cards generally range from $25-$60 USD at an airport. Usually, if the country is small or has great infrastructure, SIM cards are usually cheaper.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 2:37 am

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold
I believe it is QAR 35

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.