Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2021, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by daniellam
Does anyone know if the local SIM card that you must get is available in eSIM format or is it available only in physical SIM format?
eSIM's are available throughout the country but that's normally when purchased in a phone shop (Ooredoo for example). Not sure if they can do that in a duty free shop?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
This is the question I had too. Luckily my county does PCR tests and gives you QR codes for the results. But how do you get a QR code for your vaccination card? Mine is just a hand written CDC card by the hospital who gave me the shot.
If i'm interpreting it correctly - from what I've read in this thread, you don't need a QR code for the vaccination record, just for the covid test result. But your CDC card won't work, either. You need an official vaccination certificate which apparently should be obtainable online (hopefully) from your vaccine issuer?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Originally Posted by senatorbrown
You need an official vaccination certificate which apparently should be obtainable online (hopefully) from your vaccine issuer?
I don't mean to be daft here, but what would this look like? I work at a medical university and got vaccinated through work--would they have this kind of certificate. I have a brutal flight from Baku to ATL via Doha in October and would love to break it up.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:29 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by senatorbrown
If i'm interpreting it correctly - from what I've read in this thread, you don't need a QR code for the vaccination record, just for the covid test result. But your CDC card won't work, either. You need an official vaccination certificate which apparently should be obtainable online (hopefully) from your vaccine issuer?
Someone else reported QR check-in staff accepted a hand written CDC vaccination card. This could just be for Americans and for the CDC as the poster was a Canadian passport holder.

The test results will have to be a place that you can obtain using a QR code.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:58 am

Someone else reported QR check-in staff accepted a hand written CDC vaccination card. This could just be for Americans and for the CDC as the poster was a Canadian passport holder.

The test results will have to be a place that you can obtain using a QR code.
By QR check-in staff, do you mean the Qatar Immigration agents? I don't think you need a vaccination to fly on Qatar? I don't think you even need a negative covid test (like you do on Etihad) - but they'll check those at check-in because your origin country would require it. I don't think the check-in agent would be concerned, or even aware, of your plans to transit outside Doha airport, right?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Entry report from today. Arrived from a yellow zone country. Submitted the pre-arrival form 18 hours before arrival -- received the approval 6 hours after submission. Vodafone SIM was 35 QAR at duty-free before customs and included 1 GB of data for 1 week. Only my PCR was checked and entry was relatively smooth. Like a post above, use the visa number that they stick in your passport to register for the COVID app.
mpeterson78 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Do they take credit card for all the extras on arrival? ie extra PCR test as I’m arriving from a Red Country and SIM cards
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 5:00 pm

I did not take a PCR since I arrived from a yellow country. Also, I did not see where they were doing the PCR -- seems like most travelers just were waved by.

The duty free shop does take credit card for the SIM. You'll need your passport and boarding pass to buy it.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by xfisgsm
Entry report from today. Arrived from a yellow zone country. Submitted the pre-arrival form 18 hours before arrival -- received the approval 6 hours after submission. Vodafone SIM was 35 QAR at duty-free before customs and included 1 GB of data for 1 week. Only my PCR was checked and entry was relatively smooth. Like a post above, use the visa number that they stick in your passport to register for the COVID app.
Hey there. Were you there for a transit or was Qatar your final destination?
Old Sep 4, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I’m not sure what they will need, but I figure it can’t hurt to have a negative PCR test on hand I’ll get the day before in case Qatar, or Germany needs it.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by bruintraveller
Hey there. Were you there for a transit or was Qatar your final destination?
I was there for transit, but the entry process is the same.

I’m not sure what they will need, but I figure it can’t hurt to have a negative PCR test on hand I’ll get the day before in case Qatar, or Germany needs it.
I used this website: https://www.gco.gov.qa/en/travel/ . It's much easier than reading the Qatar health requirements page.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Hoping we’ll see city tour resumption soon
Old Sep 8, 2021, 7:59 am

I was there for transit, but the entry process is the same.

I used this website: https://www.gco.gov.qa/en/travel/ . It's much easier than reading the Qatar health requirements page.
Wait, I just want a bit of clarity. I'm a US Citizen. If I'm coming from a red-list country (Azerbaijan), I still need to buy a sim card and take a 2nd PCR test. I'm not sure how to get my CDC digitized, as my stupid state records don't offer digital records with the aforementioned requirements for vaccine records.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by northinsouth
Wait, I just want a bit of clarity. I'm a US Citizen. If I'm coming from a red-list country (Azerbaijan), I still need to buy a sim card and take a 2nd PCR test. I'm not sure how to get my CDC digitized, as my stupid state records don't offer digital records with the aforementioned requirements for vaccine records.
I think earlier reports said that uploading the card with no QR code worked. I converted my card to a Pass Sanitaire via the French Embassy and uploaded that (which had a QR code).
Old Sep 8, 2021, 11:58 pm

I think earlier reports said that uploading the card with no QR code worked. I converted my card to a Pass Sanitaire via the French Embassy and uploaded that (which had a QR code).
Thanks for this. I did look upthread and it seemed that way as well, but there was a lot of confusion in spots in thread--because of the wording of the policy from the Qatari govt.

So, one last point of clarification and I'll bow out: if I decide to stay airside in Doha and not enter the country, but fly home to the US instead: a CDC card and a PCR test will suffice? That's what I saw earlier upthread but not sure if that has changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.