Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BigE
This is a big relief and I hope it holds true. I was supposed to fly on Thursday. I'll probably change to a different airline if they don't clear it up.
I guess they would update their website and TIMATIC if every transit passenger would require a PCR test. A lot of European countries are totally fine with a proof of vaccination or antigen test. Maybe with transit they mean stopover with leaving the airport?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
The Financial Times is reporting that Qatar will permit entry without quarantine for vaccinated travellers. Can't easily link to it as it's a story on their live news page.

Qatar to drop quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated travellers
Simeon Kerr in Dubai

Qatar is to allow fully vaccinated travellers to enter the Gulf state without the need for quarantine as it ramps up tourism plans ahead of next year’s Fifa world cup.

A new set of measures would make visiting Qatar “as easy as possible” while maintaining precautions against coronavirus, the government said on Tuesday. Eligibility to enter without quarantine has been opened to those vaccinated with two doses of BioTech/Pfizer, Moderna and Oxford/Astrazeneca or with one dose of Johnson & Johnson. They must have received their doses 14 days before arrival.

Those inoculated with two doses of China-produced Sinopharm will have to pre-book a quarantine hotel, where they will be administered with an antibody test.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
The Financial Times is reporting that Qatar will permit entry without quarantine for vaccinated travellers. Can't easily link to it as it's a story on their live news page.
So many conflicting messages!
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
Here's the FT link (scroll to article) Coronavirus latest: Qatar to drop quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated travellers | Financial Times (ft.com). It doesn't give all the details but no quarantine only applies if arriving from green countries. See official twitter message ISTFlyer posted above.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
This is very interesting. Flying next week MIA-DOH-CAI with a 14 hour layover. Would love to be able to go into the city.

I'm a US permanent resident with a UK passport, but I have not been in the UK for 18 months and will be flying directly from the US...I can imagine this might cause some kind of confusion presenting a passport from a red-list country...but I guess they see this a lot. Right now it may not be worth the hassle (stay at Oryx) but will wait for some evidence from others :/
tfizzle likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:55 pm

Honestly the covid19.moph.gov.qa page couldn't be much less clear.

Does any of this now apply to transit?

The part about having to have the Ehteraz app and requiring a Qatari SIM seems annoying.

EDIT: Sherpa is now showing that ALL transit pax thru DOH require a negative test. It seems bizarre that they are going more strict on transit to go less strict on entry?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 5:51 pm

Before travelling to the State of Qatar:​

1. Conduct a PCR test proving that they are free of Covid-19 up to 72 hours before reaching Qatar, from a medical center accredited by the local Ministry of Health in the country of departure.
Yet the USA is not listed on the page with accredited medical centers...this is exactly what I did not want need to see 7 days before departure.

Last edited by jeffers; Jul 13, 2021 at 5:59 pm
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just gets more confusing.

1. Qatar updated its websites and posted a link for the MOPH website. That website includes the information about transit pax.
2. TIMATIC was updated but there is no information about the test for transit pax at all.
3. Qatar once again confirmed on Twitter that no PCR for transit is required.
4. The Austrian government updated its website and clearly states that a PCR test for transit pax is required from July 12th.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:55 pm

Surely has to be something lost in translation. I don't get why they would ask all transit passengers to have a test.

Hopefully we find out for sure in the next day or so.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Also the USA is not in Qatar's green-list. It's in the amber list.
AFAIK, only tourists that arrive from green list countries would be permitted inside Qatar without quarantine for non-essential purposes.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:48 pm

I'm flying USA-DOH-EU on Friday. I may be the test case.

Have a night booked at the Onyx hotel, but would much rather stay in a hotel outside the airport.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I hope this works it self out and some folks can get out of the Oyrx. I was waiting on prices to come down and now the hotel is fully books for my date in early august. At this Point I would be happy to have the option to leave the airport as a fully vaccinated person with a PCR test coming form ATH-DOH-SEA.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tfizzle
I hope this works it self out and some folks can get out of the Oyrx. I was waiting on prices to come down and now the hotel is fully books for my date in early august. At this Point I would be happy to have the option to leave the airport as a fully vaccinated person with a PCR test coming form ATH-DOH-SEA.
Greece is also not in the green-list of the State of Qatar.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:10 am

Have also just had QR say via Twitter that a PCR test is not required (unless by your finally destination). .

Kindly note that Qatar Airways as an airline does not require a Covid-19 PCR test for boarding on our flights unless this is a requirement imposed by the country of your arrival or/and departure.
Edit: After re-reading, it doens't actually clear anything up. It's just QR saying the airline doesn't require a test. If Qatar does, then they do...

Last edited by jeffers; Jul 14, 2021 at 6:26 am
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jeffers
Have also just had QR say via Twitter that a PCR test is not required (unless by your finally destination). .
Thanks! I will fly from MLE to MUC via DOH on Saturday and will report. At the moment there are absolutely no requirements for transit pax in TIMATIC or on Qatarairways.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.