Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Sorry if this was posted already,

Qatar is allowing vaccinated tourists and residents to enter the country starting July 12th
​​​​​​
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...12-2021-07-08/
northinsouth likes this.

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; Jul 9, 2021 at 11:51 am
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
I caught this as well. I already have a reservation, so I'm hoping it will be easy to add a stopover on to it, though I suppose I'll need to call and hold for a while. The rub is that I'll be coming from Azerbaijan, a green list, where I would have been for 10 days. But before that, I'll have been in Georgia, a red list country. I'm fully vaccinated, so not sure if any of this matters. I'm still trying to parse through the ins and outs of the announcement.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:54 pm

Any idea if this will allow for stopovers with QR? Not sure if a “visitor” visa is exactly the same as one of the 96hr transit visas. It would make sense that the 96hr visas would be the last to come back.

And am I interpreting correctly that vaccinated travelers don’t need to test?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Hope to see a further clarification announcement.
I assume that Turkey would be on the green list of Qatar which means that I'll be able to enter Qatar during my layover.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Hope to see a further clarification announcement.
I assume that Turkey would be on the green list of Qatar which means that I'll be able to enter Qatar during my layover.
According to the following, Turkey falls under the Amber list. Not completely sure what that means, if one is vaccinated vs. unvaccinated.

https://www.iloveqatar.net/coronavir...e-july-12-2021
Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by northinsouth
According to the following, Turkey falls under the Amber list. Not completely sure what that means, if one is vaccinated vs. unvaccinated.

https://www.iloveqatar.net/coronavir...e-july-12-2021
Yes, you are right.
However, I have strong feelings that Turkey would go into the green list soon due to political pressure.

According to this tweet;

For vaccinated foreigners:
Arriving from a Green List Country: No quarantine, PCR test at most 72 hours before arrival
Arriving from a Amber List Country: 7-day hotel quarantine, PCR test at most 72 hours before arrival
Arriving from a Red List Country: Entry wouldn't be permitted
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
The USA is in the top 15 of vaccinations by population percentage of countries that aren't teeny tiny... and first if you count larger countries... but we're on the yellow/amber list. Great...
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:10 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
From the MOPH website
https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/trave...s/default.aspx
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:14 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
The USA is in the top 15 of vaccinations by population percentage of countries that aren't teeny tiny... and first if you count larger countries... but we're on the yellow/amber list. Great...
Looking at the list of Green List Countries, they are there due to a combination of high vaccination rate and or low case numbers. That's why the UK isn't on the list (high vaccination rate + high case numbers) but Australia is (low vaccination rate + low case numbers).
Old Jul 10, 2021, 1:34 am

It looks like all transit passengers now also need to have a PCR test regardless of where they are coming from.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlySimple
It looks like all transit passengers now also need to have a PCR test regardless of where they are coming from.
If so, QR would lose a lot of passengers.
Turkey asked COVID tests from all transfer passengers at some stage back in the winter but they backed up as Turkish Airlines was losing customers and then Turkish the Ministry of Health exempted transfer passengers remaining airside for the entire duration of their transfer.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:05 am

It does say "all passengers transiting through Qatar" but the richness of the English language means that could just as easily refer only to landside transfer (ie. enter and pass through Qatar en route to somewhere else).

Given that it comes into force on Monday and there doesn't appear to be anything on the airline website yet, there could be a very high percentage of passengers denied boarding next week if it includes airside transfer as well. Especially as countries like the US are happy for travellers to arrive with an antigen test rather than PCR.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by KingCanute
It does say "all passengers transiting through Qatar" but the richness of the English language means that could just as easily refer only to landside transfer (ie. enter and pass through Qatar en route to somewhere else).

Given that it comes into force on Monday and there doesn't appear to be anything on the airline website yet, there could be a very high percentage of passengers denied boarding next week if it includes airside transfer as well. Especially as countries like the US are happy for travellers to arrive with an antigen test rather than PCR.
Hopefully it’s just for landslide transit onwards as you mention to another destination or for passengers with long transits who wish to leave the airport and not a blanket rule for all. Let’s see if the website is updated with clarity.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 7:11 am

Hopefully it’s just for landslide transit onwards as you mention to another destination or for passengers with long transits who wish to leave the airport and not a blanket rule for all. Let’s see if the website is updated with clarity.
Yes hopefully. I'm flying next weekend so have a keen interest...
tfizzle likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I am wondering if Qatar will accept most US CDC vaccine certificates. Looking at the following website, it says "Official logo and stamp of the vaccination authority" as the final requirement for a valid vaccine certificate. Most CDC certificates do not have any sort of stamp on them. Mine just has the Product Name/Manufacturer/Lot Number/Date/Site Number for both the first and second dose.

https://www.iloveqatar.net/coronavir...s-12-july-2021

I hope this works out so we can break up longer strips with an overnight at a hotel in the city (and in a real bed!) with some time to walk around the Souq etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.