Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I am wondering if Qatar will accept most US CDC vaccine certificates. Looking at the following website, it says "Official logo and stamp of the vaccination authority" as the final requirement for a valid vaccine certificate. Most CDC certificates do not have any sort of stamp on them. Mine just has the Product Name/Manufacturer/Lot Number/Date/Site Number for both the first and second dose.

https://www.iloveqatar.net/coronavir...s-12-july-2021

I hope this works out so we can break up longer strips with an overnight at a hotel in the city (and in a real bed!) with some time to walk around the Souq etc.
I am able to go online and printout a somewhat official looking document that shows my vax status. Mine was performed by homeland security group, not sure if that makes a difference.

The way it read it.......USA is on the Yellow List so you might be able to go to a hotel and get a proper rest but you are required to quarantine.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I am able to go online and printout a somewhat official looking document that shows my vax status. Mine was performed by homeland security group, not sure if that makes a difference.

The way it read it.......USA is on the Yellow List so you might be able to go to a hotel and get a proper rest but you are required to quarantine.
I thought the quarantine was required if you weren't vaccinated. Not trying to disagree or argue this, just that it was my impression that the being vaccinated was crucial to entry without quarantine. I am sure we will see this discussed on this thread over the next few days.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
I thought the quarantine was required if you weren't vaccinated. Not trying to disagree or argue this, just that it was my impression that the being vaccinated was crucial to entry without quarantine. I am sure we will see this discussed on this thread over the next few days.

That chart upthread is confusing, IMHO (honestly, maybe even the policy). It seems there are two groups there: Qataris in Group A, and then tourism, non-Qatari business folks, etc. in Group B. If a Group B traveler arrives from an Amber List country, then there is a mandatory seven day quarantine. Honestly, I'm still uncertain if I'd need a PCR test if I simply stay airside in Doha, which is fine, whatever. I'd like to have a stopover in Doha, but I'm not certain I want to put money down yet on a fluid situation.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by northinsouth
That chart upthread is confusing, IMHO (honestly, maybe even the policy). It seems there are two groups there: Qataris in Group A, and then tourism, non-Qatari business folks, etc. in Group B. If a Group B traveler arrives from an Amber List country, then there is a mandatory seven day quarantine. Honestly, I'm still uncertain if I'd need a PCR test if I simply stay airside in Doha, which is fine, whatever. I'd like to have a stopover in Doha, but I'm not certain I want to put money down yet on a fluid situation.
I am going by the website I linked to. Under the section "General Policy", item #15 says "Travelers fully vaccinated with the above-specified *conditional vaccines will be subject to an antibody test on arrival, if the result is positive with antibodies, exempted from quarantine; otherwise the traveler must undergo applicable quarantine based on country of departure and perform COVID-19 PCR tests upon arrival​.​" (emphasis is mine)

Assuming that is how it plays out, if you have an acceptable vaccination certificate and show the appropriate antibody test results, you are free to enter Qatar. Again I am not saying this is how it will be, just that this is why I am hopeful that this is how it could work out.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
I am going by the website I linked to. Under the section "General Policy", item #15 says "Travelers fully vaccinated with the above-specified *conditional vaccines will be subject to an antibody test on arrival, if the result is positive with antibodies, exempted from quarantine; otherwise the traveler must undergo applicable quarantine based on country of departure and perform COVID-19 PCR tests upon arrival​.​" (emphasis is mine)

Assuming that is how it plays out, if you have an acceptable vaccination certificate and show the appropriate antibody test results, you are free to enter Qatar. Again I am not saying this is how it will be, just that this is why I am hopeful that this is how it could work out.
I hope you're correct. It will make life much easier.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 11:10 pm

The "*conditional vaccines" only refers to Sinopharm. The other vaccines don't require an antibody test, as far as I can tell. But what confuses me is the Tweet upthread that seems to indicate that "red countries" are prohibited altogether, regardless of vaccination status. I am trying to plan a vacation that includes a flight from LHR-DXB...
Old Jul 11, 2021, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by aviators99
The "*conditional vaccines" only refers to Sinopharm. The other vaccines don't require an antibody test, as far as I can tell. But what confuses me is the Tweet upthread that seems to indicate that "red countries" are prohibited altogether, regardless of vaccination status. I am trying to plan a vacation that includes a flight from LHR-DXB...
I totally agree with you on the "confusing" part. Luckily our next trip where we would likely fly with QR is in 2022. Hopefully this is all sorted out by then.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I have a long enough layover to perhaps go and find a real bed next month.. but I think we can file visiting Doha this time under the "too much faff" category and put it off for improved times.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Sthemanuals
Any idea if this will allow for stopovers with QR? Not sure if a “visitor” visa is exactly the same as one of the 96hr transit visas. It would make sense that the 96hr visas would be the last to come back.

And am I interpreting correctly that vaccinated travelers don’t need to test?
I copy & paste this paragraph from the said article (link from OP's post), it says:

"Passengers transiting through Qatar will also have to provide a COVID-19 PCR test, while fully vaccinated arrivals will take an anti-bodies test upon arrival to determine if they need to be institutionally quarantined."

My recent understanding was that transit pax don't need to be tested in DOH. Now, all transit pax do! Well, that's a deal breaker for me.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by allset2travel
I copy & paste this paragraph from the said article (link from OP's post), it says:

"Passengers transiting through Qatar will also have to provide a COVID-19 PCR test, while fully vaccinated arrivals will take an anti-bodies test upon arrival to determine if they need to be institutionally quarantined."

My recent understanding was that transit pax don't need to be tested in DOH. Now, all transit pax do! Well, that's a deal breaker for me.
I think someone has made a mistake there.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by Sthemanuals
Any idea if this will allow for stopovers with QR?
QR has yet to update its agents or re-enable stopovers, so for now the re-opening is mostly an academic exercise.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 7:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Schwann
I think someone has made a mistake there.
Timatic still says transit PCR are only for Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka or Viet Nam.

Their website is also still not updated.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 7:43 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
The MOPH website has stated that transit passengers require a RT-PCR test for some time now, but that isn't actually the case.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just asked at the local Qatar Airways office:
Please be advised that a negative PCR test is required to transit in Doha, Qatar for passengers who have been in or transited through India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, the Philippines and Vietnam.

For all other passengers, a negative PCR test is not required by Qatar Airways unless government regulation requires you to present a negative COVID-19 test result on departure and/or arrival. Qatar Airways will verify this information at check-in and retain a copy of the test result.
Also asked them on Twitter:

Please note that passengers with onward connections through Hamad International Airport will be accepted for travel. Our operations will continue for transit passengers as normal, subject to entry restrictions at their final destination. For more information please visit letsgo

Thank you and stay safe.
So I guess as long as your have all the required documents for your final destination (antigen-test or proof of vaccination) you should be able to fly.
BigE and northinsouth like this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:08 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by Enskie
Just asked at the local Qatar Airways office:

Also asked them on Twitter:

So I guess as long as your have all the required documents for your final destination (antigen-test or proof of vaccination) you should be able to fly.
This is a big relief and I hope it holds true. I was supposed to fly on Thursday. I'll probably change to a different airline if they don't clear it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.