Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Modo
Same situation ex HKG. Emailed me promo J fares in the 14 to 18K (HK$) to most European destinations, book by May 4. The pop ups on this web page are reflecting my matrix searches and quoting fares 20% higher. QR marketing is just plain irritating.
QR is in the habit of quoting airfares only and not revealing that the total with taxes and fees would be substantially higher.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
not revealing that the total with taxes and fees

Originally Posted by bchang
QR is in the habit of quoting airfares only and not revealing that the total with taxes and fees would be substantially higher.
Just irritating. - a total waste of time. Not permissible in Europe IIRC.
Richard Bell likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Hi all, just a quick question:

Currently trying to fly this itineray, does anyone have a way to add in even more stops to maximize TP?
Stockholm (ARN) to Canberra (CBR) — Tue, Dec 10]
Stockholm (ARN) to Doha (DOH) — Tue, Dec 10Qatar Airways 172Dep: 9:45 pmArr: 5:55 am
Doha (DOH) to Sydney (SYD) — Wed, Dec 11Qatar Airways 906Dep: 7:55 amArr: 6:25 am
Sydney (SYD) to Canberra (CBR) — Thu, Dec 12Qatar Airways 906Dep: 7:55 amArr: 8:55 am1h 0m
Canberra (CBR) to Sydney (SYD) — Tue, Dec 24Qatar Airways 907Dep: 1:55 pmArr: 2:55 pm1h 0m
Sydney (SYD) to Doha (DOH) — Tue, Dec 24Qatar Airways 907Dep: 4:25 pmArr: 11:30 pm
Doha (DOH) to Stockholm (ARN) — Wed, Dec 25Qatar Airways 169Dep: 1:40 amArr: 6:10 am6h 30m

Last edited by Thysk; May 1, 2019 at 7:53 am Reason: Messed up coding
Old May 1, 2019, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Thysk

Currently trying to fly this itineray, does anyone have a way to add in even more stops to maximize TP?
You can add in routing via HEL but it will push up your price by ~£200 per additional leg.
Thysk likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by Morgo
You can add in routing via HEL but it will push up your price by ~£200 per additional leg.
Thanks! It will, however give me the A330 instead of the A350, so I'd rather take a raincheck on that.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by Thysk

Stockholm (ARN) to Canberra (CBR) — Tue, Dec 10]
Stockholm (ARN) to Doha (DOH) — Tue, Dec 10Qatar Airways 172Dep: 9:45 pmArr: 5:55 am
Doha (DOH) to Sydney (SYD) — Wed, Dec 11Qatar Airways 906Dep: 7:55 amArr: 6:25 am
Sydney (SYD) to Canberra (CBR) — Thu, Dec 12Qatar Airways 906Dep: 7:55 amArr: 8:55 am1h 0m
Canberra (CBR) to Sydney (SYD) — Tue, Dec 24Qatar Airways 907Dep: 1:55 pmArr: 2:55 pm1h 0m
Sydney (SYD) to Doha (DOH) — Tue, Dec 24Qatar Airways 907Dep: 4:25 pmArr: 11:30 pm
Doha (DOH) to Stockholm (ARN) — Wed, Dec 25Qatar Airways 169Dep: 1:40 amArr: 6:10 am6h 30m
Looks like you are flying DOH-CBR and CBR-DOH rather than DOH-SYD-CBR and CBR-SYD-DOH (the stops in Sydney are just technical stops)?
Old May 3, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Originally Posted by Modo
Same situation ex HKG. Emailed me promo J fares in the 14 to 18K (HK$) to most European destinations, book by May 4.
The pop ups on this web page are reflecting my matrix searches and quoting fares 20% higher. QR marketing is just plain irritating.
The same could be said for CX -
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...res/index.html

And you are HKG based, are you not?

Not in the region/airports where I am based - the promos are an all inclusive fare

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-sg/o...l-premium.html

Sheesh - of all things to complain about QR, this really isn't one of them
Old May 3, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
It’s a common problem with QR that the advertised fares cannot be found. I honestly hope someone will give them a slap on the wrist for that (misleading advertising).
Old May 3, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Can't get anything better than +35% on these.

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
It’s a common problem with QR that the advertised fares cannot be found. I honestly hope someone will give them a slap on the wrist for that (misleading advertising).
Waste of time checking - this came in again overnight.

Dear Mr xxxxx

Time is running out - do not miss this great offer. Fly with us and find yourself in a world you have only ever imagined.

Take advantage of our incredible Business Class fares starting from HKD14,550* when you book your ticket.

In addition, Privilege Club members can earn double Qpoints* in premium when they book their tickets by 6 May 2019 for travel until 30 December 2019.

Not yet a member? Join now

Book by 17 May 2019 for travel between 1 June and 30 December 2019.

Book now >
*Terms and conditions apply; please review at the time of booking. Offer valid until 17 May 2019. Travel valid from 1 June until 30 December 2019.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
SE Asia to Tanzania?

Hello!

Ive got to go to Tanzania in September and am wondering whether QR ever offer any good business class fares ex SE Asia? Ideally out of SIN, but I know that that’s a very expensive outport, hence I’d be willing to position to anywhere within 4h of SIN.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Ive got to go to Tanzania in September and am wondering whether QR ever offer any good business class fares ex SE Asia? Ideally out of SIN, but I know that that’s a very expensive outport, hence I’d be willing to position to anywhere within 4h of SIN.
CMB will be cheaper, but I'm not sure that there are any QR fares filed for CMB-DAR.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Hello!

CCU/ MAA. Though I think you might be better off just flying ET from SIN cos repositioning there in Y is painful.

Last edited by Unionruler; May 5, 2019 at 12:35 am
Old May 5, 2019, 4:18 am

OSL-CPT ca nok 15k/£1.3k until end of service. Other destinations too.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Not in the EU where doing that would be illegal.
Old May 5, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
In the EU, they just advertise fares that aren’t bookable. Pretty sure that’s illegal, too.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.