Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:29 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Just called QR this morning to sort out some other issue and took the opportunity to ask them about the promotion, it looks like what Slobodansm mentioned about only the outbound leg of the return trip being eligible for the badge is true.

Not sure about open-jaw bookings, hopefully someone who has a flight booking involving the first two badges could chime in later in July-August when the second period opens. Looks like it isn't that easy to achieve four badges after all...

Johnnieboy, was it an outbound or return leg that you flew into Oslo on? If it was the return part of a two-way ticket that'd be interesting...
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:57 am

It was the return sector. You get points for sectors from DOH to the destination, not from the destination to DOH.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Open Jaw, Double Open Jaw, One way... all of them are fine, as per the Globetrotter Campaign FAQs.

What matters is that the sector is from Doha to a destination within the corresponding campaign.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:11 am

Thanks zsc for clarifying with QR. It did seem that the possibility to double dip on a round trip was too good to be true
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Slobodansm
Thanks zsc for clarifying with QR. It did seem that the possibility to double dip on a round trip was too good to be true
If by double dip you mean two badges then you still can provided you're not living in the origin country. If you mean double the extra points, then ok...
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by mpkz
If by double dip you mean two badges then you still can provided you're not living in the origin country.
What's this about living in the origin country?

In the last promotion the rules were initially very opaque, except for the rule that your destination could not be your home country.

This time the rules seem to have been thought through more thoroughly and there is no mention of origin (residence) country - presumably because it is easily open to manipulation.

Unless anyone knows otherwise, of course.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by railways
What's this about living in the origin country?

In the last promotion the rules were initially very opaque, except for the rule that your destination could not be your home country.

This time the rules seem to have been thought through more thoroughly and there is no mention of origin (residence) country - presumably because it is easily open to manipulation.

Unless anyone knows otherwise, of course.
I'm curious myself. Don't remember reading anything about country of residence ineligibility for badge.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
trying to register but don't see any register button under my offers. I see the register button for other offer but no for globetrotter . Anyone has the same problem?
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
trying to register but don't see any register button under my offers. I see the register button for other offer but no for globetrotter . Anyone has the same problem?
I did, on several browsers.

When I rang PC to find out how to fix it, they said I was registered. Give them a call.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
You need to register for the adventurous getaway offer, which is the first of the globetrotter campaigns.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by zsc
My interpretation is that say you were to fly AMS-DOH-JNB, you'll only be credited for the DOH-JNB (outbound) sector, and not the AMS-DOH sector.

In which case, if you're taking a return flight and assuming you're in the right travel period, you can earn 1 badge doing AMS-(DOH-JNB) and then JNB-(DOH-AMS). Bracketed sectors the ones earning the badges. I might be wrong though.
When they say outbound they are referring to any flight from DOHA, not what we would all tradionally think of as the outbound journey.

In a booking XXX-DOH-YYY 'out' and YYY-DOH-XXX 'in' both the DOH-YYY & DOH-XXX are outbound of DOHA and as such qualify for a badge, with the other stipulation of course that the flight segment is completed within the correct timeframe.

A normal return, OJ & DOJ are all treated the same.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:33 am

I registered for the Adventure getaway a couple weeks ago, traveled to Perth last weekend, however there is nothing showing on my dashboard and recent activity as such related to the promotion. Am I to understand that bonus miles and badge will only show at the end of the promotion?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Skoodledoo
I registered for the Adventure getaway a couple weeks ago, traveled to Perth last weekend, however there is nothing showing on my dashboard and recent activity as such related to the promotion. Am I to understand that bonus miles and badge will only show at the end of the promotion?
This was the case last year. However, looking at the current promotion's FAQs, it says:

At what point during my journey will I earn bonus Qmiles?

Bonus Qmiles will be credited for outbound journey transiting via or originating from Doha to theme destination. Qmiles will be credited automatically soon after the eligible sector is flown.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by Apresmidi
As long as these 4 destinations are not in your home country (as registered in your PC account), it should be OK. If one or more of these destinations are in your home country, there's a bit of risk for not obtaining all 4 badges as last year QR excluded destinations in home country from the promo. This year they don't really mention about this but, at least for me, I am still in doubt. I wrote to ask them about this but still hasn't received reply.
Is there any news on whether the themes in your home country count this year ? Theres nothing in the FAQ this year but it wasnt allowed last time ! Im resident in Egypt so flying back to Alexandria or Luxor would really help me getting 2 badges over the Christmas and New Year and a break in Vietnam .
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by railways
This was the case last year. However, looking at the current promotion's FAQs, it says:

At what point during my journey will I earn bonus Qmiles?

Bonus Qmiles will be credited for outbound journey transiting via or originating from Doha to theme destination. Qmiles will be credited automatically soon after the eligible sector is flown.
Can confirm this is happening in practice. My bonus miles credited at the same time as the flight itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.