Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:20 am
Suspended

Last Globetrotter leg, DOH-CPH coming up tomorrow
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:57 am

Just in case anyone is getting impatient when their status will be upgraded and bonus miles credited, I went through my e-mails and had had a look at when I received the e-mails notifying me that I have earned each of the badges.

It looks like the "sweep" takes place roughly a month after the end of the promo period for each of the badges. So it's entirely possible that the "sweep" for the Cultural Exploration badge will not happen until mid-April.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
In campaign one the final bonus and upgrades were posted 14 days after the end of the promo . Of course no guarantees it will be the same this time .
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:24 pm

https://www.qatarairways.com/Privile...irways&web=web says
"These rewards shall be credited to the account of eligible members within one month after the end of Globetrotter campaign."
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF/KL Platinum, QR Gold (OW Sapphire), A-Club Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Anyone got their 100.000 miles credited and tier upgrade already?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:59 am

Not yet.

It's better for your emotional well being to simply not expect it done before 15 April
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Originally Posted by stargold
Not yet.

It's better for your emotional well being to simply not expect it done before 15 April
Anyone? my emotional well being is starting to get affected! I guess from mid-month the action should start.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Upgrade Me 2017
Anyone? my emotional well being is starting to get affected! I guess from mid-month the action should start.
Upgrade Me 2017 welcome to FlyerTalk, and to the QR forum. Using the dashboard can be a useful way to find information quickly.

This is QR and when they say 'within one month' they usually mean that after one month they will begin to consider how to handle the results and rewards!

Does a few days either way really affect your use of the rewards?

Like everyone else you will have to be patient and let things happen in QR time, not real time!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by remdk
Well, yes...in my case I have a trip at the end of the month and am eyeing an upgrade

But I never really expected it to be credited fast enough to take advantage of, anyway.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
Well, yes...in my case I have a trip at the end of the month and am eyeing an upgrade

But I never really expected it to be credited fast enough to take advantage of, anyway.
MKE-MR there is always an exception required to prove a 'rule'!
I get the impression that both HKG and SIN are usually very helpful and proactive in solving problems. So if your flight origin is one of those places why not see if something can be arranged so you can get your upgrade? It probably will not be posible but it is worth a try. After all it is QR who are delaying your miles!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Originally Posted by remdk
Upgrade Me 2017 welcome to FlyerTalk, and to the QR forum. Using the dashboard can be a useful way to find information quickly.

This is QR and when they say 'within one month' they usually mean that after one month they will begin to consider how to handle the results and rewards!

Like everyone else you will have to be patient and let things happen in QR time, not real time!
Thanks Remdk! Actually it would as I was also eyeing an upgrade for this month, and next month hope to use OW emerald to access SYD first class lounge, but like you said it will happen in QR time

One question though, will the bump from Gold to Plat + 100K also include the 60 Q credits?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Upgrade Me 2017
One question though, will the bump from Gold to Plat + 100K also include the 60 Q credits?
Yes
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Almost the 17th/one month waiting and nothing.... grrrrr
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: Qatar
Just had miles credited to my account. I received the 100k, but no jump from silver to gold.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:56 am

Miles in for me too, and similarly, no status bump yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.