Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 8:28 pm

Silly me, the bonus miles were included with the normal base flight miles, I was expecting it to show up separately!
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
KTM

I've got 3 of the 4 badges nailed down with flights to Delhi, Nagpur and Amritsar. I'm thinking of going through Kathmandu next month for the 4th badge, connecting onward to India.

Does anyone know if Kathmandu is easy to transit through from QR to AI? Or is it going to be a pain and best left alone?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
To answer my own question posted last week I received a reply from Privilege Club customer service regarding theme locations in the country of residence as follows

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.
We are glad to inform you that there are no restrictions with country of residence as registered on member’s profile (travel to/ from) as per the Qatar Airways Globetrotter campaign-2016.
Further, we would like to inform you that to be eligible for the offer, a member need to travel from DOH to the theme destination has to be completed within the travel period of that respective theme.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by crombiestone
To answer my own question posted last week I received a reply from Privilege Club customer service regarding theme locations in the country of residence as follows

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.
We are glad to inform you that there are no restrictions with country of residence as registered on member’s profile (travel to/ from) as per the Qatar Airways Globetrotter campaign-2016.
Further, we would like to inform you that to be eligible for the offer, a member need to travel from DOH to the theme destination has to be completed within the travel period of that respective theme.
Thanks for confirming that!
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by crombiestone
Is there any news on whether the themes in your home country count this year ? Theres nothing in the FAQ this year but it wasnt allowed last time ! Im resident in Egypt so flying back to Alexandria or Luxor would really help me getting 2 badges over the Christmas and New Year and a break in Vietnam .
That sounds great, let me know if you find anything exceptional :-)
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Does anybody know when the "Additional Bonus Qmiles for GT-2015 participants" will be booked? I completed Badge 1 recently and couldn't find that on my statement. Maybe it will be booked at the end of the campaign?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:25 am

Bonus miles posted together with the flight. As one entry
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by tboons
Bonus miles posted together with the flight. As one entry
I received 5.000 Bonus miles for Geneva Y. But I should get another 5.000 for completing a badge in GT-2015 which I didn't see so far.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:20 am
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Originally Posted by toz100
I received 5.000 Bonus miles for Geneva Y. But I should get another 5.000 for completing a badge in GT-2015 which I didn't see so far.
I think bonus miles for badge completion will only be added after each promo period, in this case after 15 July, or maybe even 30 days after that.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
That sounds great, let me know if you find anything exceptional :-)
Im looking at LXR-SGN-LXR for £352 GBP in Y . Holding out for a sale in J though
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
toz100 Does anybody know when the "Additional Bonus Qmiles for GT-2015 participants" will be booked? I completed Badge 1 recently and couldn't find that on my statement. Maybe it will be booked at the end of the campaign?
As far as the offer details state - the bonus miles you received already for badge 1 would be the ones you received for simply flying whilst registered to an offer destination (i.e. posted at the same time as your normal miles).

The GT2015 miles - it is stated clearly on the offer details page that these will be credited one month after the end of each theme, along with your 250 bonus miles for registering!^
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by theox
The GT2015 miles - it is stated clearly on the offer details page that these will be credited one month after the end of each theme, along with your 250 bonus miles for registering!^
Maybe you have more details than me but the offer statement I received does not say that. There is nothing said when the GT-2015 miles will be credited and there is not at all mentioned that it will be 30 days after the end of each theme. I also couldn't find such details in the FAQ.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by toz100
Maybe you have more details than me but the offer statement I received does not say that. There is nothing said when the GT-2015 miles will be credited and there is not at all mentioned that it will be 30 days after the end of each theme. I also couldn't find such details in the FAQ.
It's on this page, under the "Additional bonus Qmiles for GT-2015" table.

Additional bonus Qmiles for eligible members shall be credited to account of eligible members within one month after end of each theme.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by railways
It's on this page, under the "Additional bonus Qmiles for GT-2015" table.
Thanks for the link.

Interestingly, I received an Offer Details Statement where this passage under the "Additional Bonus Qmiles for GT-2015 participants" is not there (!)
Attached Images
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:27 am

Anybody successfully registered the Metropolitan Excursions offer yet? I have a QR flight on Aug1 but didn't find the place to register the offer in "My Offers" section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.