Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 6:27 pm
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by urww
C'on just 2 RT within almost 10 months, that require careful planning .

Thanks! Good! So let's say +2500 miles on top (if booking directly).
True that! All the best. If you've got airmiles cards/cashback sites, don't forget to use those, check Skyscanner/Momondo for fares too, they can sometimes be 5-10% cheaper than the fares on QR's website. Just booked a LHR-KUL-LHR two weeks ago and forgot to use a cashback site... could've gotten a few dollars off
Old May 14, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, M&S Gold, Topbonus Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Apresmidi
As long as these 4 destinations are not in your home country (as registered in your PC account), it should be OK. If one or more of these destinations are in your home country, there's a bit of risk for not obtaining all 4 badges as last year QR excluded destinations in home country from the promo. This year they don't really mention about this but, at least for me, I am still in doubt. I wrote to ask them about this but still hasn't received reply.
Other than this, if I'm not mistaken from the T&C, there is only a single count of the destination from Doha on the outbound sector. Therefore, for this to work, you will have to purchase 2 one-way tickets.
Old May 14, 2016, 6:30 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by freeman1993
Other than this, if I'm not mistaken from the T&C, there is only a single count of the destination from Doha on the outbound sector. Therefore, for this to work, you will have to purchase 2 one-way tickets.
They claim "Bonus Qmiles will be credited only for the outbound journey and not for the return journey." No mention whether badges will be awarded in the same manner though. So it just might be the bonus Qmiles and not the badges.
Old May 14, 2016, 6:31 am

This simply means Singapore doh muc and Berlin doh KUL.

You will only get badges for muc and KUL etc

Originally Posted by freeman1993
Old May 14, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
The acid test will surely be whether you get the promised 250 miles for registering for that specific part of the promo rather than the whole shebang (which at this rate may never have a link for registering). Then again, I wonder how long they will take to post...
To answer my own question... I just noticed this in the Q&A:
When shall I receive registration bonus?

One-time registration bonus of 250 Qmiles will be credited to member’s account at the end of each theme.
A bit late as a test of whether you were registered or not. On the plus side: are they implying 250 miles for each theme?
Old May 15, 2016, 1:16 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I just booked JFK-DOH-HKT before July 25th, and return HKT-DOH-JFK after August 1st. For just one RT in business class, if I am not mistaken I get:

- 10k bonus miles for destination HKT
- 15k bonus miles for destination JFK
- I earn two badges and because I intend to book another similar round trip later in the year to hit the last two badges, then I am halfway to the 4 badges. That's 50% of 100k miles so 50k miles.
- Since I am already Platinum I will get 50k bonus miles for getting all badges rather than be upgraded to the next tier; I am halfway there so 25k miles.
- I got the four badges last year. This year they give 10k bonus miles per badge earned this year if we got all badges last year. With my RT then it's 10k bonus miles times 2, so 20k miles.
- The normal mileage earning rate for a RT JFK-HKT in R class for PC platinum is 45k miles.

If I got this right and all of the above is correct, then that's a total of 165k miles. Platinums need 190k miles for an award booking in business class JFK-HKT. So if you stretch it to the maximum, this promo is close to a "buy one get one free" deal. ^

Last edited by escape4; May 15, 2016 at 2:07 am
Old May 15, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Three different browsers - no registration.

Called tech support - they are looking into it...
Old May 16, 2016, 2:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by escape4
I just booked JFK-DOH-HKT before July 25th, and return HKT-DOH-JFK after August 1st. For just one RT in business class, if I am not mistaken I get:

- 10k bonus miles for destination HKT
- 15k bonus miles for destination JFK
- I earn two badges and because I intend to book another similar round trip later in the year to hit the last two badges, then I am halfway to the 4 badges. That's 50% of 100k miles so 50k miles.
- Since I am already Platinum I will get 50k bonus miles for getting all badges rather than be upgraded to the next tier; I am halfway there so 25k miles.
- I got the four badges last year. This year they give 10k bonus miles per badge earned this year if we got all badges last year. With my RT then it's 10k bonus miles times 2, so 20k miles.
- The normal mileage earning rate for a RT JFK-HKT in R class for PC platinum is 45k miles.

If I got this right and all of the above is correct, then that's a total of 165k miles. Platinums need 190k miles for an award booking in business class JFK-HKT. So if you stretch it to the maximum, this promo is close to a "buy one get one free" deal. ^
As per TC, return trip only will get 1 badge but you will get 2 bonuses.
If your home based JFK I don't think you will get both.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:08 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by dehetoxic
As per TC, return trip only will get 1 badge but you will get 2 bonuses.
If your home based JFK I don't think you will get both.
JFK is not my home and I am flying there specifically after August 1st to get two badges. I hope this will work.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Here's a thought... if you are Platinum...get 4 badges and take the extension of Plat for one year... will they award you the 60qcredits for tier renewal...!!!? and what if you have re-qualified at that point already...!?
Old May 18, 2016, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by theox
Here's a thought... if you are Platinum...get 4 badges and take the extension of Plat for one year... will they award you the 60qcredits for tier renewal...!!!? and what if you have re-qualified at that point already...!?
If they do the same as last year, yes you will get 60 qcredits at renewal. But they will start you on a new 12 months around the end of the current globetrotter campaign. So if you were already qualified and due to renew in say Dec 2017, they will reset your year to start in say Apr 2017, meaning you effectively only get a few months extension over what you already had, taking you to Apr 2018. That is why I think they are offering platinums the choice of 50k qmiles instead of the renewal if they prefer.

Any qcredits you had at the new renewal date would keep their existing expiry date, and the new ones would last 12 months, so you may have some overlap, depending on your personal circumstances.
Old May 18, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Anyone else still having trouble registering?
Old May 19, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
If they do the same as last year, yes you will get 60 qcredits at renewal. But they will start you on a new 12 months around the end of the current globetrotter campaign. So if you were already qualified and due to renew in say Dec 2017, they will reset your year to start in say Apr 2017, meaning you effectively only get a few months extension over what you already had, taking you to Apr 2018. That is why I think they are offering platinums the choice of 50k qmiles instead of the renewal if they prefer.

Any qcredits you had at the new renewal date would keep their existing expiry date, and the new ones would last 12 months, so you may have some overlap, depending on your personal circumstances.
This year the terms say Plats will get either 1-year extension on your normal renewal date or you can choose an extra 50,000 Qmiles instead.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by purple1addict
This year the terms say Plats will get either 1-year extension on your normal renewal date or you can choose an extra 50,000 Qmiles instead.
Oh, I missed the normal renewal date bit. That's better than last year then. Thanks for that
Old May 22, 2016, 2:15 am

Out of curiosity, how does "Travel Period" works? Is it the departure date or arrival date (as it can be different due to timezone/long layover)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.