Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2016, 7:10 am
Original Poster

this is a welcome relief, it is not easy to re-qualify for Platinum, these Qpoints can be hard to earn

getting these badges may prove easier for me (and others ;-)

Last edited by saint77; May 8, 2016 at 7:43 am
Old May 8, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: QR Platinum
more details maybe ?
Old May 8, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by SENNINHA
more details maybe ?
Full details here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ar%2520Airways
Old May 8, 2016, 8:18 am

Runs until March 2017, so longer than last time and no overlapping theme periods. Might make it harder to get two badges on one return trip, but not impossible. Looks more generous than last time, if you completed it last time. Should be showing in "my offers" in your pc account, but you can't register for the offer until 12th May.
Old May 8, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
does it apply ex-Doha only or vice versa?

edit: whoops i missed it - it seems like it applies to ex-Doha only? according to the bottom of the page? I could potentially have gotten all 4 but seeing as it's ex-Doha i would have missed all 4 flights by a week :/ e.g i'm flying to Sg at the end of July but sg is in the aug promotion!

Last edited by ms101; May 8, 2016 at 8:28 am
Old May 8, 2016, 8:51 am

The terms and conditions didn't exclude the city of residence. It was excluded for last promotion.
Old May 8, 2016, 8:52 am

There is overlap for October.
Old May 8, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Woo hoo! I only got one badge last year but may well go for it this year (especially after the recent Qpoints devaluation).
Old May 8, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by tboons
There is overlap for October.
Yes you're correct, my mistake!

I suspect the t&c's may firm up a little as time goes on, like last time...
Old May 8, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: QR - Gold, EY - Gold
Nice to see it back and also nice to see that those who joined the 2015 campaign will get extra miles. I already have BKK-LAX-BKK tix for Sep which should give me Metropolitan badge. But for the three other badges, for me, it's more difficult than last year. I am still thinking whether to complete all 4 badges again or not. Very tempting though !
Old May 8, 2016, 11:40 am
Suspended

Well that's annoying, I just booked flights even though I could have gamed the system a bit and got the adventurous badge with only a slight detour. Oh well, I think I can still do something to hopefully hit CMB or some place like that on my summer trip without inconveniencing myself too much.
Old May 8, 2016, 11:42 am
Suspended

Anyone also having trouble registering for the Yerevan bonus miles offer?
Old May 8, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
I may have a very short-notice requirement to fly to AUH-LCA-AUH this week and the QR flights work perfectly. However, if I cannot register for this offer until 12 May, I will have already flown the "qualifying" ex DOH sector to LCA 1-2 days earlier. Does anybody have experience of being able to retro-claim sectors during last year's promotion?
Old May 8, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Apresmidi
Nice to see it back and also nice to see that those who joined the 2015 campaign will get extra miles. I already have BKK-LAX-BKK tix for Sep which should give me Metropolitan badge. But for the three other badges, for me, it's more difficult than last year. I am still thinking whether to complete all 4 badges again or not. Very tempting though !
I don't see BKK on the Metropolitan excursion?? I know it was last year and I am also planning on doing it.
Old May 8, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
I may have a very short-notice requirement to fly to AUH-LCA-AUH this week and the QR flights work perfectly. However, if I cannot register for this offer until 12 May, I will have already flown the "qualifying" ex DOH sector to LCA 1-2 days earlier. Does anybody have experience of being able to retro-claim sectors during last year's promotion?
I don't think it will be possible to retro-claim for promotions if you haven't registered for the promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.