Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:42 am
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
For the next Culinary Journey beginning 16 Oct there's Istanbul listed as a destination. Would this include both IST and SAW or perhaps just the former?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by c2h
For the next Culinary Journey beginning 16 Oct there's Istanbul listed as a destination. Would this include both IST and SAW or perhaps just the former?
I should imagine it is both, and the same with the Tokyo airports.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:42 am

Just checked my PC account to find that the additional bonus miles for the second badge have been posted .... incorrectly!

I completed all four badges in the previous campaign, so should get 10,000 additional bonus miles for each badge this time. I did get them for the first badge, but for the second badge I have only received 5,000 bonus miles.

Have contacted them ...
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by railways
Just checked my PC account to find that the additional bonus miles for the second badge have been posted .... incorrectly!

I completed all four badges in the previous campaign, so should get 10,000 additional bonus miles for each badge this time. I did get them for the first badge, but for the second badge I have only received 5,000 bonus miles.

Have contacted them ...
I got my 10000 fine, so probably just a one-off mistake
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:36 am

Seeing this thread, I just checked mine. I only got 5k instead of 10k too. Will update when I hear back from CS

Last edited by Johnnieboy; Oct 20, 2016 at 10:00 am
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:15 am

Johnnieboy on http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ar%2520Airways you will see that the bonus miles vary with travel class AND destination. Baku, Yerevan, Beirut, Luxor, Larnaca, Alexandria, Addis Ababa, Amritsar, Delhi, Istanbul, Nagpur and Athens only give 5000 miles in J.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by remdk
Johnnieboy on http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ar%2520Airways you will see that the bonus miles vary with travel class AND destination. Baku, Yerevan, Beirut, Luxor, Larnaca, Alexandria, Addis Ababa, Amritsar, Delhi, Istanbul, Nagpur and Athens only give 5000 miles in J.
remdk

Thanks for that. Indeed there are distance based bonuses as you say. Longer flights than those you list are also awarded either 10k or 15k, depending on destination. This year they have been awarding those bonus miles to flyers' acciunts at the same time as the normal route miles. In my case, I flew in to AMS and did indeed receive the 10k bonus on the day of travel.

However, further down the page you kindly linked to, this year they have also added a further bonus for completing each badge, based on how many badges you completed last year, irrespective of travel class. If you got one or two last year, they give you an extra 5k per badge completed this year. If you got three or four last year, they give you 10k per badge completed this year. These are on top of the distance bonus, and the up to 100k bonus if you complete all four this year.

I received the 10k in August for the first badge, so the promised offer is working, but there appears to be a glitch with the latest badge awards. I'm sure they will remedy that once they realise
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:14 am

Johnnieboy just under the section you quote from there is "Additional bonus Qmiles for eligible members shall be credited to account of eligible members within one month after end of each theme.". The theme ended on 10 October so patience is required.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: CharlesPoedyOB
Johnnieboy just under the section you quote from there is "Additional bonus Qmiles for eligible members shall be credited to account of eligible members within one month after end of each theme.". The theme ended on 10 October so patience is required
Thank you for clarification.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:57 am

Johnnieboy just under the section you quote from there is "Additional bonus Qmiles for eligible members shall be credited to account of eligible members within one month after end of each theme.". The theme ended on 10 October so patience is required.
Yes indeed remdk, no impatience here. I hadn't been expecting anything for a while yet. As you say, the conditions quote a month after the theme ends.

I only even thought to check my account when railways posted the same discrepancy earlier.

I am in no way being critical of QR. Perhaps unusually amongst some here, I have had nothing but good service from QR.

I was merely highlighting that railways experience didn't appear to be a one off. The 5k are listed in my account as the bonus for participating last year, and after the last badge they credited the 10k in one go. So whilst they have been commendably quick off the mark this time, there may be a discrepancy in their database which could show up on other people's accounts too.

I am sure it will correct itself, but if nobody tells them they may not know to do something about it...

Anyway, it's all miles for nothing so no big deal in the end.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:08 pm
Suspended

This isn't really helpful when others had been credited the points and one of them had the same mistake. It's not about timing, it's clearly a mistake.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
I have the same problem: 5000 Qmiles instead of 10,000 credited for having participated in GT2015. So it's definitely not a one off. I will wait a few days and write to QR if this mistake isn't corrected.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:29 am

10,000 credited correctly.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:57 am

Programs: QR Platinum
10k credited correctly for me on 17th Oct.

I'd like to encourage others to:

- if you didn't get anything credited yet, then be patient - QR will get around it eventually.

- if you got the incorrect Qmiles credited, then contact QR about it. Definitely seems like it may not be a one-off issue, seeing different people reported the same mistake.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:20 am

I dropped a line to CS about this last week, and the missing 5,000 qmiles have been posted to my account today as an "adjustment". Hopefully other people's will credit soon automatically, if not then send them a note and they will sort it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.