Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globetrotter promotion returns May 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matt4
I've just got an email with the 3rd badge, Culinary Journey, but the corresponding 10,000 bonus Qmiles for having participated in GT2015 haven't been posted to my account yet.
Mine haven't yet posted for badge 3 either. I'll leave it a few days though - sure they'll be on their way soon
Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
I have been awarded all 4 Themes now and the 4 x 10k for them..
I have not been awarded the QMiles for participation in the previous GT campaign for the last 2 themes (2 x 10,000) but have for the first 2.
I have not been awarded the large sum of QMiles for completing all 4 themes this campaign (I did receive the 50K for completing 2).
I have not received the one tier upgrade for completing all 4 themes (was Plat until last week when I dropped to Glod so this should put me back to Plat).

Worryingly, I have received bonus QMiles for booking the last 2 themes (actually for the 4 segments in my last trip rather than related to the GT campaign) within a Travel Festival period (not that I was aware I did). I say worryingly because I wonder if this is why I have not been awarded all of the bonus QMiles I was expecting from those 2 Themes.
As mentioned, I have received the two lots of 10k for completed theme 3 & 4 BUT am yet to be awarded the QMiles for completing these AND the previous GT campaign too (two more lots of 10K). I also have not received the large sum of QMiles for completing all 4 themes.

I am hoping this is just a timing delay issue and they are waiting until the end date of the whole campaign perhaps, but I am a little worried that because they've awarded me some QMiles for a travel festival, they will supersede my being awarded the much more lucrative bonuses for completing this years 4 themes.

Anyone know anything that could help set my mind at ease OR start me off on a long and fruitless battle with QR Customer Services ?

I hope I've explained this well enough ?!

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Jan 28, 2017 at 6:38 am
Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
As an aside I'm now kicking myself for not booking an ex-Cairo CAI-LHR-CAI in the recent Travel Festival as am thinking of a little time in Sharm or Hurghada for some diving and that would have got me a J flight from Cai for a Feb trip and a flight back out there a few months later for another one for about £600 and 4x QMiles. Using airmiles and/or a cheapy economy charter for the other flights (binning the charter segments & hotel I didn't need)
Stupid boy :-(
Old Jan 29, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus

Anyone know anything that could help set my mind at ease OR start me off on a long and fruitless battle with QR Customer Services ?

I hope I've explained this well enough ?!
I enquired about the GT15 bonus miles for badge 3 of 2016-17 and received a reply on 28th saying that the 10K will be credited in a weeks time . For Badge 4 bonus and the final bonus(es) you will have to wait until the end of the campaign ,10th March, and maybe even 2 or 3 weeks after that .

Interesting that you received 50k miles after 2 badges . I did not and I am expecting the full 100k plus 50k ,as I have already retained platinum, at the end of the campaign.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Sisyphus1carus I'm also surprised you already got a 50,000 Qmiles bonus for having completed the 2 first themes of GT2016 as the bonus should come after the end of the campaign, which have been extended until 15th March. Are you sure these Qmiles are not coming from another promotion like the previous Travel Festival lottery ?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Matt4
Sisyphus1carus I'm also surprised you already got a 50,000 Qmiles bonus for having completed the 2 first themes of GT2016 as the bonus should come after the end of the campaign, which have been extended until 15th March. Are you sure these Qmiles are not coming from another promotion like the previous Travel Festival lottery ?

Oh, maybe it is for something else then.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by crombiestone
I enquired about the GT15 bonus miles for badge 3 of 2016-17 and received a reply on 28th saying that the 10K will be credited in a weeks time . For Badge 4 bonus and the final bonus(es) you will have to wait until the end of the campaign ,10th March, and maybe even 2 or 3 weeks after that .

Interesting that you received 50k miles after 2 badges . I did not and I am expecting the full 100k plus 50k ,as I have already retained platinum, at the end of the campaign.
The 10K for badge 3 based on also participating last year hit my account this morning.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:57 am

Same here.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:34 am

Finished my 4th badge and saw that the sector has credited already... Looking forward to the status bump and 100k miles soon!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by stargold
Finished my 4th badge and saw that the sector has credited already... Looking forward to the status bump and 100k miles soon!
Soon... well, not until the end of the Globetrotter campaign!
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by David_DLI
Soon... well, not until the end of the Globetrotter campaign!
If I can wait 9 months and adjust my flights to fit the four destinations, I guess I can wait another month for the fruits of my labour to show up
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:16 am

Recently completed the final badge. If I prefer the extra 50,000 qmiles instead of tier upgrade (as I'll be hitting Platinum without GlobeTrotter anyway), when and how should I inform QRPC? Thank you
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:58 am

purple1addict I think you need to already be Platinum by the end of the promotion to have the choice of 50000 Qmiles. If you are not already Platinum then you automatically get the upgrade.
The rules on http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ar%2520Airways say
"a) Burgundy, Silver, Gold members - 100,000 Bonus Qmiles and Single Tier Upgrade
b) Platinum members - 100,000 Bonus Qmiles and Tier validity will be extended for additional one year from the date of tier expiry OR 50,000 additional Qmiles(if member does not wish to accept tier extension then he can alternatively choose to receive additional 50,000 Qmiles)"
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by remdk
purple1addict I think you need to already be Platinum by the end of the promotion to have the choice of 50000 Qmiles. If you are not already Platinum then you automatically get the upgrade.
The rules on http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ar%2520Airways say
"a) Burgundy, Silver, Gold members - 100,000 Bonus Qmiles and Single Tier Upgrade
b) Platinum members - 100,000 Bonus Qmiles and Tier validity will be extended for additional one year from the date of tier expiry OR 50,000 additional Qmiles(if member does not wish to accept tier extension then he can alternatively choose to receive additional 50,000 Qmiles)"
Sorry, my mistake. I meant I would be retaining Platinum anyway.

Will QRPC offer a choice or do I need to request it?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Sorry, my mistake. I meant I would be retaining Platinum anyway.

Will QRPC offer a choice or do I need to request it?
I'm in the same position and I'm guessing they will contact us once the campaign is wrapped up and the final bonuses are posted . I'm sitting tight for a few more weeks before contacting them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.